• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - Wii U Trailer

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Danica Patrick All-Stars Racing Transformed |OT| Now Featuring Dan Patrick

It's like neither of them. It's its own thing. Much faster and more frenetic than any other Kart game. It actually feels more like a racing game than a Kart game. The boost mechanic is very simple, consisting of just powersliding. The longer you slide, the more boost you build and then eventually release. The powerups all feel fair, and there's not one that will take a guy with a healthy lead from first to dead last. I loved that about the first game. It really is my favor Kart game since CTR.

anything like excitebots? I hated that game (I know it gets a lot of love but it was too much chaos for me).

This was entirely off my radar until seeing this thread. reasonable price too. Might actually push ZombiU off launch day (and allow me to wait for price drop on that)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
OH YES!!
Can't wait to hear the songs during play.
Still I would have loved if they had added
Burning Hearts
also, but perhaps it is an unlockable song.

Unfortunately no unlockable music this time, but while I'm seeing what songs I can identify, I should mention none of them are the original songs as they're all remixes. But they're all really good remixes. I wish the music was available now..

But for an example of what I mean, you can hear the Skies of Arcadia music in this gameplay video here, quite clear (second 'special' song starts on the second lap):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=COvj_89fGU4#t=29s

Kokonoe

Banned
Is the release date of the PC version still 2012 TBA?
It still is sadly.

I'm glad Tizoc is ignoring them. <3

Here's a tip everybody: the usual cynical brand of comedy is pretty much the only flavour on NeoGAF, so try something new.

He usually makes joke posts and is a member of SonicGAF, it's just this kind of thing as you put it is getting old. There is enough mocking that takes place here and this time SEGA/Sumo is actually working hard to make a solid title and be more innovative than what usual Kart Racers have been doing.

Unfortunately no unlockable music this time, but while I'm seeing what songs I can identify, I should mention none of them are the original songs as they're all remixes. But they're all really good remixes. I wish the music was available now..

But for an example of what I mean, you can hear the Skies of Arcadia music in this gameplay video here, quite clear (second 'special' song starts on the second lap):

Remixes are fine by me, that's even better.

Robin64

ISEGA/Sumo is actually working hard to make a solid title and be more innovative than what usual Kart Racers have been doing.

I am absolutely excited for this game as I loved the first a lot, and I've no doubt it will be a superb title. However, I'd love to know what you consider to be innovative about it? Note that I don't consider lack of innovation to be a bad thing, I just don't see any here so I'm curious what you see.

TheOGB

Banned
Oh no seriously, don't actually use that as the title. It'd probably get changed anyways

The joke was less about Sega cynicism and more about playing up Danica Patrick

Kokonoe

Banned
I am absolutely excited for this game as I loved the first a lot, and I've no doubt it will be a superb title. However, I'd love to know what you consider to be innovative about it? Note that I don't consider lack of innovation to be a bad thing, I just don't see any here so I'm curious what you see.

Well for one the transforming mechanic, I haven't seen a Kart Racer that actually transforms your vehicle on the fly to accommodate the situation. However, I guess innovative might not be the right word for what I was going for, I was more of meaning that this game there actually seems to be much more effort involved compared to Mario Kart.

Mario Kart hasn't done a whole lot since double dash besides tweak the engine, they even still use the same character models in Double Dash in Wii and Mario Kart 7. Nintendo takes a very minimalistic approach with the Mario Kart series that is rather similar to Call of Duty. The whole package of this game actually feels like a vast improvement over the last game, and grander on a scale of what you can do. I mean there's even a story/adventure mode involved.

TheOGB

Banned
Sanctuary Falls (Sonic & Knuckles)-
Stage Intro Theme: Sonic 3 & Knuckles Title Screen (Sonic the Hedgehog 3)
Main Stage Theme: Sky Sanctuary (Sonic & Knuckles)
Special Stage Theme: Back in Time (Sonic R)
Oh shit :D

Edit: oh good, that wasn't a double post

Tizoc

OT will be up within an hour...as soon as I finish playing Montezuma Blitz on my Vita...aka Civ5 for Vita.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

I'm not the guy you're replying too, and I wouldn't use the word innovation. However, what I personally think he might of meant based on the rest of his post is more creating it's own unique feel for a kart racer while making everything extremely solid, which is something I could agree with based on what I've played. I think by innovative he meant how the game is sort of creating it's own identity, which I will agree it does as it plays very differently than most Kart Racers and has more of an old-school SEGA racer feel to it, though the boat parts still make me think of Wave Racer.

VanWinkle

I'm excited for this. I was really pleasantly surprised by the first one.

Is there ANY somewhat recent Vita info or ANY info at all? That's the platform I want to get it on but obviously would like to know if it's solid.

Kokonoe

Banned
Oh shit :D

Edit: oh good, that wasn't a double post

Saved you in the nick of time.

I'm not the guy you're replying too, and I wouldn't use the word innovation. However, what I personally think he might of meant based on the rest of his post is more creating it's own unique feel for a kart racer while making everything extremely solid, which is something I could agree with based on what I've played. I think by innovative he meant how the game is sort of creating it's own identity, which I will agree it does as it plays very differently than most Kart Racers and has more of an old-school SEGA racer feel to it, though the boat parts still make me think of Wave Racer.

This as well.

OT will be up within an hour...as soon as I finish playing Montezuma Blitz on my Vita...aka Civ5 for Vita.

Can't wait.

Tizoc

Wait, Amigo has to be unlocked? Better be the first.

I'm glad Tizoc is ignoring them. <3

Here's a tip everybody: the usual cynical brand of comedy is pretty much the only flavour on NeoGAF, so try something new.

I'm a very positive and optimistic person, and honestly while I do feel a little disappointed with the game's roster...I am so fucking hype to get and play this game.
Gonna main Segabot and Joe most likely~
OK i got my self off of Montezuma Blitz since my double XP bonus ran out =V ...just adding the finishing touches right now~

I don't get the hate for the roster. It looks good to me except for Danica Patrick. What's the point of including a driver that's notorious for being a loser? Don't include her in the topic please. Celebrate Sega for giving us another game in this great new franchise.

hiro4

Too bad that there are no original songs in it.
But listening to the video, I must say the remixes do sound good.
And I think the original songs, might not fit the game as well as the remixes.

I'm already happy that they have taken the songs and made remixes out of them.

Top Bottom