• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed Adds New Character (PC)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
3 quick screens, Downsampled from 1800p bicubic sharpen, etc....

asn_app_pcdx9_final20azayc.png

asn_app_pcdx9_final20fhb3q.png

asn_app_pcdx9_final20d5adi.png

Silky

Banned
Again, Sumo Digital actually get what made AM2 and Sega so great. Being so ridiculous and having fun. Inserting "PC Characters" into a blue skies racer is so Sega that Yu Suzuki's face is probably appearing in the clouds and nodding in approval, Mufasa style, outside of Sumo Digital right now.

I love you.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hatsune Miku is not a SEGA character, I assume they won't pay licensing etc for the small return on dlc
While I agree she's not a character I think of when I think Sega, I would not be surprised if they announced her as DLC near the US release of Project Diva F as some kind of cross promo, similar to what the PC characters have been doing.

Storm360

While I agree she's not a character I think of when I think Sega, I would not be surprised if they announced her as DLC near the US release of Project Diva F as some kind of cross promo, similar to what the PC characters have been doing.

Eh, seems like a lot of money considering licencing the character, licensing the music for all star etc, If it is the next DLC, It will be Sony only most likely

Flayer

This is great, I love these wacky characters getting added to the game. A Yakuza character would be incredible...

this update also apparently removed the hammer and sickle from General Winter :(

Boo for censoring communist Russia.

The new character is pretty good though, I already won a few races in S-class with him. They also added cards to this update as well, if anyone still gives a damn about collectable cards.

qazqaNii

Is that a new track? I don't remember have played it and I got atleast 10 hrs on the game, guess I have to revisit it soon.

ArjanN

Senator Soufflé;74852491 said:
Is he modelled after the annoying guy who does Rally Point?
2013-08-05_00035bekoe.jpg

Also a ginger Roman?

rallypoint-germany.jpg

Modelled after this guy I guess, a community manager at Creative Assembly.

sibarraz

Banned
Again, Sumo Digital actually get what made AM2 and Sega so great. Being so ridiculous and having fun. Inserting "PC Characters" into a blue skies racer is so Sega that Yu Suzuki's face is probably appearing in the clouds and nodding in approval, Mufasa style, outside of Sumo Digital right now.

I just wanted to tell you that this is the most beautiful post that I had seen in this forum

Berordn

They should add a PC specific console mod. Having them all use guest is kind of getting redundant now, as they're their own sub-genre of characters.

I'm hoping that some of the DLC includes tracks and a new World Tour/GP cup just so they can shuffle it around like that. Seeing 8 characters associated with the VIP mod is getting kinda silly.

I'm hoping that some of the DLC includes tracks and a new World Tour/GP cup just so they can shuffle it around like that. Seeing 8 characters associated with the VIP mod is getting kinda silly.

a PC mod would also work nicely on Metal Sonic/Amy, since the Genesis one is weird since neither appeared on that system.

MrKaepora

Nice, let's see if this brings new players to the online. That place looks almost like a desert which is a shame because it's a great game.

bon

You're assuming Sumo gets to pick which characters to put in the game, which probably isn't the case. This is the marketing department telling them what to promote. If it was up to Sumo, they'd probably rather spend this effort making Ryo, Vectorman, Toejam and Earl, etc.

You're assuming Sumo gets to pick which characters to put in the game, which probably isn't the case. This is the marketing department telling them what to promote. If it was up to Sumo, they'd probably rather spend this effort making Ryo, Vectorman, Toejam and Earl, etc.

While it's marketing, Sumo go the whole (hedge)hog on it and make them fit well into their blue skies racer. Instead of "Harumph, here's a bare effort car of something we don't care about", we get a Football Manager screaming for the ref every time he gets hit and jumping out of his car like they won a season when he wins, a Russian Metaphor rolling around in a tank blasting a futuristic space reporter screaming how the fake video game character and NASCAR driver are wasting their balls of ice on him and now we have a Roman legionnaire praising Mars, the god of war every time his shot hits and constantly waving his sword in the air as he races(Love that touch, FYI).

Sumo gets being Sega, even if it is Marketing, by doing something fun and that people will love for it's outright audacity and hilarity. And long may they continue doing so.

Lijik

Everyday I wish for a House of the Dead overkill 2 so I can get a chance of G and Issac driving around in an ice cream truck in one of these games.

This new Total War dude looks appropriately ridiculous though, cant wait to use him

sibarraz

Banned
The Sega CD is an add-on for the Genesis, so technically... What actually is odd is Alex Kidd having a Genesis mod.

Well, he has a game there, and maybe 2 guys from the united states know about the existence of the master system. Europe is another story though, the system did well there, we need more classic master system characters, like alys or the outrun car, even wonder boy could do wonders

TaroYamada

Awesome addition, I started up my PC saw Steam downloading a patch and once I saw the size immediately knew it was a new character.

I love how SEGA/Sumo are treating the PC version of this game, it's fantastic and I hope all PC gamers who like kart/arcade racers are buying a slice of the pie. Greatest kart racer ever.

I still want to see more classic sega characters though, Sketch Turner, Vectorman, Alis, Ryo, VF representation, etc.

Salsa

it's pretty great how the PC version became the definitive one and how they keep supporting it even after being out for so long and it being so cheap to get now. Smart.

Top Bottom