• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Boom Fire & Ice Announced, 3DS, Sanzaru, Winter 2015, TV show successful

From that show teaser originally posted for it, I knew it would do well.

Haha, this thread is popcorn worthy keep, keep up the disgust guys.

Okay.

tumblr_nfgwulOi7D1tmri92o1_400.gif

The world is a strange strange place. I guess the last games didn't fail hard enough,damn. That means these redesigns are permanent and that hurts my soul.

vypek

7AM. And it was on later for a bit on some weekdays (11:30AM or noon or 12:30PM or whatever) with repeats but that's seemingly over now.

Did it get canned or is it on a break until the next season? I didn't think they ran through their episode order

Mr-Joker

Banned
Urgh, just when I thought the Boom series is dead they throw this out. Meh I will pass on this like I did with the other two shitty booms titles.

I will continue to wait for the real Sonic game.

Well atleast they got this out of the way now before E3, please don't even mention this there.

True.

Party time!

mld8n5.gif

I still can't believe that they made that the reward in getting 100%.

Sticks the Badger.

I think you mean Marine 2.0

Tripon

The world is a strange strange place. I guess the last games didn't fail hard enough,damn. That means these redesigns are permanent and that hurts my soul.

At this point, the video games are promotion for the TV show. Its not different from crappy Ben 10 video games that happen year after year.

KeRaSh

Still no Chao breeding simulator? :(
These days that would be the only thing that could get me to purchase a new Sonic game.

And here I was hoping Sanzaru was working on the next Sly game. Damn.

That bot racing doesn't sound like something I want in a sonic game. Sonic is the speed character. Why would I want a mode based around speed that doesn't start Sonic?

Cbajd5

Did it get canned or is it on a break until the next season? I didn't think they ran through their episode order
I think it's still on Saturdays at 7AM with repeats (according to TV.com) but they stopped the weekday repeats becuase they switched to their summer format. (Which emphasises their normal series. It also stops the typical morning movie and Tom & Jerry/Looney Tunes.)

RedBoot

7AM. And it was on later for a bit on some weekdays (11:30AM or noon or 12:30PM or whatever) with repeats but that's seemingly over now.

Looks like it might be 6am in my time (CN's website seems to be borked right now). Still, winning that slot is not much to brag about. They should put it in the evenings alongside the other big premiers (but then, CN doesn't really give prime slots to shows they don't own, so I guess it makes sense).

I guess Sega must be making something on it if they're continuing the series and the related games.

Lijik

At this point, the video games are promotion for the TV show. Its not different from crappy Ben 10 video games that happen year after year.
I was about to make a post with the same example lmao
It shouldnt be surprising these games are still happening if the cartoon is doing well, im pretty sure thats how the pac man game got a sequel too.

vypek

I think it's still on Saturdays at 7AM with repeats (according to TV.com) but they stopped the weekday repeats becuase they switched to their summer format. (Which emphasises their normal series. It also stops the typical morning movie and Tom & Jerry/Looney Tunes.)

Ah, gotcha. That makes sense.

RM8

Do Sonic fans hate this more than the Sonic runner game? Either way, lol at this poor, poor franchise.

nded

Ah, whatever. I just figured out how to play Sonic Colors in 60fps on Dolphin, so that'll have to do.

Also, isn't this the first handheld original game since Sonic Rush Adventure? It's a sequel, but there's no console game attached like the first Boom game.

Slermy

3DS title was decent enough.

I'm convinced that the 3DS one would have been much better if it wasn't a "Sonic" game. Could have still used the IP, but just focus on Tails or something. I think it would have been received better if they had done that.

Press releaseseseses said:
Sonic the Hedgehog first appeared as a videogame character in June 1991, and instantly became an icon for a generation of gamers. Defined by his super-fast speed and cool attitude, in the years since he first raced on to videogame consoles, Sonic has become a true global phenomenon with over 140 million videogames sold or downloaded worldwide across consoles, PC’s, mobile phones and tablets. SEGA’s iconic blue blur has also gone on to enjoy incredible success in many licensed areas, such as toys, apparel, comics and animation.
A reminder that presumably that number includes the 100 million downloads that is Sonic Dash.

They made a sequel of this and not of F-Zero??
I forgot that SEGA America had the rights to F-Zer...oh

I also forgot that the developer tasked with this Sonic game would somehow make an excellent F-Zero entry.

Why would you continue to roll with a toxic name/brand of your series? The failure of the show and game's launch should have been a big indication that nobody is interested in Boom as a franchise.

There is no Sonic here.

vypek

Cbajd5

Looks like it might be 6am in my time (CN's website seems to be borked right now). Still, winning that slot is not much to brag about. They should put it in the evenings alongside the other big premiers (but then, CN doesn't really give prime slots to shows they don't own, so I guess it makes sense).

I guess Sega must be making something on it if they're continuing the series and the related games.
I guess it's supposed to be part of their "action" "block" with the new Transformers series at 6:30AM and Pokemon at 8AM. Although, at least Transformers got a 6 or 7 PM premire before moving to that slot and Pokemon gets an occasional marathon through the morning or on a Saturday afternoon. (And it's 7AM weekday repeats.)

And CN in general is avoiding major premiere blocks this summer, doing a daily premiere of one of their shows at 6PM for a week and then doing another show every week. Something like that for the week the game comes out could probably work well.

Bass260

Poor developers - I'm guessing a year or less to develop the game.

Also lol at "most watched in the time slot". Doesn't the show air at like 6 in the morning on CN?

shanafan

Do Sonic fans hate this more than the Sonic runner game? Either way, lol at this poor, poor franchise.

The newest title will build off of the highly successful animated series on Cartoon Network, currently the #1 program on all TV among boys 6-11 and 9-14 in its time period, and serve as the latest chapter in the Sonic Boom™ franchise.

Sounds like it should be a financial success on the 3DS with that demographic.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
New playable character Amy? She wasn't playable before? lol

Not in the first 3DS game.

I'm quite surprised that

1)A sequel is released already, despite the awful sales of the first titles
2)It's 3DS-only, and not on Wii U too
3)But maybe no Wii U means that even SEGA knows when to stop after the Sonic Boom debacle.
4)That GOT inspiration for the title :lol

Top Bottom