• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Creator Yuji Naka Still Wants Mario And Sonic To Team Up In Action Game

Peterc

Sonic Creator Yuji Naka Still Wants Mario And Sonic To Team Up In Action Game Together

“Actually, I wanted Mario [and Sonic] to appear together, so one time I went to give Miyamoto-san a presentation on how I want to create an action game which is co-starred by Mario and Sonic. It was in the GameCube days, and I took around four planners with me. It is a pity that the discussion was ‘clearly it isn’t necessary for Mario and Sonic to co-star in an action [game]’ and it didn’t become a reality, but SEGA was able to get the license for the Olympics just at that time, so in order to make the best use of the license, companion characters appeared together. A little later Sonic appeared in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. However, this too came into reality because I requested from Sakurai-san, ‘I want Sonic to appear [in Smash Bros.]’. The Olympics is a bit different from my wish, but I think it’s a good thing that children around the world are happy about them co-starring. But someday I want to realize an action [game] together with Mario. I think I’m going to give another presentation so that Takashi [Iizuka] finds the necessity [of a Mario & Sonic action game] (laughs).
Yuji Naka

“I also agree. Previously they were considered rivals, but when I saw them co-starring, I honestly thought that Nintendo acknowledged Sonic.”
Original Sonic designer Naoto Ohshima

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/08/...and-sonic-to-team-up-in-action-game-together/

I always liked to see an adventure game where you can play with both characters,
with a mix of levels between mario and sonic using a nice balance.

I prefer EAD1 team to make the game with some help from sega.

Personally i didn't liked the 3D sonic games so much. EAD1 has good experience in making wonderful 3d adventure mario games and i know they will deliver a wonderful game.

I always like the art from sonic games, i liked the environment from the black knight. I hoped it was some kind of adventure game, but they maked this game again like the rest of the 3d sonic games.

300px-SatBK_TP2.jpg

What are your thoughts about it?

-lock if old-

Top Bottom