• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Generations: Two Sonics trailer

SykoTech

Afrocentric-Asian said:

Lol @ the top comment.

So is this just some random tune they chose for trailers, or did they actually get licensed music for the theme? The song doesn't really seem to have anything to do with the game, so I'm assuming the former.

This looks good? How do you guys still judge sonic games from trailers? Sonic cycle etc. etc. Game might be good, but this also just could be some awesome trailer edited together? The 3d stages could be as bad as '06 and the 2d parts could be worse that 4 ep 1. HOW DO WE KNOWWWWW

catabarez

SteveWinwood said:
This looks good? How do you guys still judge sonic games from trailers? Sonic cycle etc. etc. Game might be good, but this also just could be some awesome trailer edited together? The 3d stages could be as bad as '06 and the 2d parts could be worse that 4 ep 1. HOW DO WE KNOWWWWW

Considering there was a demo for the 2D part I'm gonna have to say we do know.

Zen

Banned
SteveWinwood said:

There was already a demo, we've seen a few full level playthroughs, the Sonic Cycle was broken with Sonic Colors.

nns3d

luffeN said:
Edit: Thx Afrocentric-Asian :D

np man.

SykoTech said:
Lol @ the top comment.

So is this just some random tune they chose for trailers, or did they actually get licensed music for the theme? The song doesn't really seem to have anything to do with the game, so I'm assuming the former.

I have no clue, they did the same thing with the US City Escape trailer using a track from My Chemical Romance.

RagnarokX said:
That's the Sonic 2 version of that boss.

Nooooo :(

RagnarokX

At first I thought it was a horendously redesigned eggrobo since those things are in Sky Sanctuary, but it's definitely the Sonic 2 Robotnik mecha. It has a painted head and spiked hands. The Robotnik mecha in The Doomsday had hands and an unpainted head with no mustache.

JonCha

Made myself look a fool in the Generations thread by thinking it was a regular robot. They do look VERY similar.

Teknoman

.la1n said:
Two steps forward, one step back. I do have faith Sega will get there one day...maybe

Whats the 1 step back?

Also modern Sonic ala Colors style isnt on rails...except when you're riding on rails.

EDIT: The music used in the english trailers has nothing to do with the game...just seems to be a trend with game trailers these days.

RagnarokX

JonCha said:
Made myself look a fool in the Generations thread by thinking it was a regular robot. They do look VERY similar.
Nah, Eggrobo's head looks nothing like Robotnik's. No mustache, weird eyes.

EggRobo badnik
Great Eggman Robo Sonic 3K final boss
Sonic 2 Giant Mech
Sonic 3K Giant Mech

I prefer the look of the Sonic 3K version. I always thought the Sonic 2 boss was more challenging but took forever. The only way Great Eggman Robo could kill you was if you played as Sonic and Tails and Tails hit the mecha in phase 2 while you were jumping at it causing you to fall through to your death.

Sciz

jediyoshi said:
Daww, pudgey sonic gets me everytime

Trailer grab:
8SuCi.jpg
Can we just keep the two on the right? Forever?

beje

Banned
I've looked for 3DS footage and it looks great, reminds me a lot of Sonic Rush. The fact it's a different game from the HD versions instead of a dumbed down port is a nice touch too.

JonCha

RagnarokX said:
Nah, Eggrobo's head looks nothing like Robotnik's. No mustache, weird eyes.

EggRobo badnik
Great Eggman Robo Sonic 3K final boss
Sonic 2 Giant Mech
Sonic 3K Giant Mech

I prefer the look of the Sonic 3K version. I always thought the Sonic 2 boss was more challenging but took forever. The only way Great Eggman Robo could kill you was if you played as Sonic and Tails and Tails hit the mecha in phase 2 while you were jumping at it causing you to fall through to your death.
Actually, I was totally wrong. My bad.

beje said:
I've looked for 3DS footage and it looks great, reminds me a lot of Sonic Rush. The fact it's a different game from the HD versions instead of a dumbed down port is a nice touch too.

New footage?

RagnarokX

At least Sega is honoring Sonic 4 by putting Chemical Plant boost pads in other classic version levels!

2s0zhpk.png

So far they're in Chemical Plant, City Escape, and Seaside Hill.

RagnarokX said:
At least Sega is honoring Sonic 4 by putting Chemical Plant boost pads in other classic version levels!

So far they're in Chemical Plant, City Escape, and Seaside Hill.

We wouldn't want Sonic 4's crappy level design getting left out in the celebration!

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
This game has me so conflicted. On one hand I absolutely hate the "present" sonic style of gameplay. At the same time, this is the first time we're getting a classic sonic game since Genesis days...so I have to get it.

UGH. I am still so salty about the decision to intertwine these two characters' games/stories. Let's just have games where there is the better Sonic (and better tails!) forever.

Anyways, it looks great.

Top Bottom