• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Lost World Wii U Exclusive

Just a reminder:

sonic_cyclei5uwc.jpg

Mael

Yes.

I'm leaving the guy's name out, out of some slight amount of respect, but... yes.

The Sonic community is really hillarious.
Sonic Generations did so well it was discounted more easily than most games and it's sells so much they don't even publish the games themselves here.
Sonic fans are really something

Tuck

The last several Sonic games have been wonderful, so I am excited. One more reason I want a Wii U, which I guess was Nintendo's plan behind the deal.

Did anyone else catch that he called it an Action-Adventure game, not a platformer? Not to mention the world seems connected...

Why does Lost World not qualify as a "big" Sonic game? Because it's console exclusive to the Wii U, amirite? People underestimate how popular Sonic is on Nintendo platforms.

Just by looking at the concept art, you can get an idea of how big this game will be. If nintendo helps with development, this could be an awesome game.

Dragon

Banned
..."They spent it on the wrong company!" j/k j/k

But seriously, as expected, nothing remotely good. They even barely mentioned W101 too.

While I wouldn't be too positive on this partnership, didn't they announce a release date for W101?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Sega finding a way to Dreamcast themselves all over again. Superb. Right at the same time as history repeats with EA. You couldnt script this shit any better!

RM8

Let Sumo Digital make Mario Kart 8 as part of this "worldwide partnership".

Also, absolutely not surprising. This is not really like Bayonetta, Sonic tends to sell better on Nintendo platforms.

Well the next sonic game after this is also Nintendo exclusive so...
Was not aware of that! Interesting!
Colours is a mainline title. That's why it's in Generations.

It goes 1, 2, CD, 3&K, SA, SA2, Heroes, 2006, Unleashed, Colours, Generations, and now this.
Wasn't aware it's considered on par. It's the best Sonic since Rush on the DS in my opinion, but I'm not a huge Sonic fan so my knowledge is limited at best.
Why does Lost World not qualify as a "big" Sonic game? Because it's console exclusive to the Wii U, amirite? People underestimate how popular Sonic is on Nintendo platforms.
I'm not sure what you're implying here... I own a Wii U, just trying to understand the business rationale. I don't think all Sonic games are exclusive to Nintendo, I think Iwata choose his words very carefully.
Nope, Nintendo are publishing the next three Sonic games. Sonic Lost World is the next big Sonic game.
I don't even know what Lost World is, other than the terrible sequel to Jurassic Park.
Are you trying to say Sonic Colors wasn't a "big" Sonic game? It was excellent and it's not like Sonic games have continued to be numbered. Spin-off Sonic games would be things like Sonic Riders. Anything that has Sonic running should be considered a main series game.
It certainly is excellent, I loved it! I'm just not up on the canon, sorry.

CoryCubed

I don't understand, if they are going for the ice, lava, forest, desert type themes then why not just revisit Angel Island.

Angel_Island_Zone,_Sonic_the_Hedgehog_3.png

SykoTech

Nice concept art. Makes me think my initial thought of the game being story heavy was wrong, which I'm fine with.

Name is dumb though. Sonic and the Lost World would have sounded a lot better.

Hopefully this is a mainline game and not some lame spinoff like the Wii Storybook games.

Foffy

Banned
Just a reminder:

sonic_cyclei5uwc.jpg

Bioware took the Sonic Cycle with Sonic Chronicles. It's now the Bioware Cycle.

Also, it seems like the way the publishing is that Nintendo has essentially obtained the IP to be released only on their platforms ala Dragon Quest. It makes sense too; despite the naysayers, since the demise of the Dreamcast, Sonic games have always sold the most on Nintendo platforms.

Top Bottom