• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Lost World Wii U Exclusive

Instro

Maybe a bit too much, but perhaps a true Mario and Sonic crossover is in the works. That would be really cool to see.

Crazyorloco

"revealed that additional SEGA Game Gear games would be coming to the Virtual Console service for Nintendo 3DS."

This is pretty big news.

Maybe mario can be a character in Sonic Lost World...

tajd

Banned
Just a reminder:

sonic_cyclei5uwc.jpg

cycle was broke 2 games ago so.......

Colors is a more consistent game, in my opinion. With the exception of Rooftop Run, Generations kinda falls off a cliff once it hits the Modern era levels.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Colors was better than Generations.
Colours was more cohesive than Generations, but I found that Generations was the one that I liked going back to for the sake of speedrunning and time attacking.

But yes, overall and structurally, Colours was the more cohesive game out of the two.

Colors is a more consistent game, in my opinion. With the exception of Rooftop Run, Generations kinda falls off a cliff once it hits the Modern era levels.
This guy knows.

Dvide

Banned
What if This title will revitalize Sonic and bring him back in a Super Mario Galaxy-esque game. I'd buy it.

SykoTech

Colors was better than Generations.

Nope. Colors was good, but Modern Sonic in Generations alone beats it. Then add on the fact that Generations had Classic Sonic as well, and it's no contest.

Colors did have a much better final boss though.

That weird looking planet is one of the biggest reasons that I want a sequel to another game, Blue Dragon. Now that game's planet was something else :)

Yuterald

I see the blue skies, I know that chill, Jazz OST is rocking in there, just gotta see those end of stage results/ranking screens and I'm good to go. Sonic Colors is still my favorite post-Genesis Sonic title so I'm guess this one will be pretty nar-bone.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Nintendo distributing and publishing exclusive.

Like Microsoft exclusive publishing Ninja Gaiden 2?

Seriously though, this is nice for U owners as they at least have something to play. I haven't cared about a Sonic game since I was waiting for the Dreamcast to launch, but if I owned a U, I would probably look into this.

Azure J

1368802166-sonic-lost-world.jpg

woah that looks really cool!

I can't believe I missed today's Direct. Holy shit I am getting MASSIVE Sonic 3 vibes from this. And Nintendo's co-developing? :O

Edit: You people in here saying the cycle still lives or that Colors < Generations in any aspect that wasn't production values are on the finest kinds of shit.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
If out of this partnership a Sonic game as good as 3D Land comes out, consider me fucking sold.

Spinluck

Oh man chao garden on the Wii U? It would be so perfect.

Let's not forget it's also on 3DS if I'm correct. That just screams Chao Garden cross integration, or something of the sort.

But tbh, I'm more curious to see if they're sticking to the current 3D Sonic formula. I recall them saying that the next natural step would be to try something different, but familiar after Generations released. I may just be imagining this interview though.

Top Bottom