• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Lost World Wii U Exclusive

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Can't wait to see more about the game.

Village

*brofist*

I also hope that this isn't a Direct follow up to Colors. Solid game, but I really don't want to see the Wisp gimmicks again.

Something more original please.

Agreed.

If this amounts to sonic unleashed( daytime)/ generations also other characters.

They get all . all monies, even other peoples.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Here's a little tidbit for you, Sony turned this down for something else. I think this is a really impressive move from Nintendo though, and they've obviously gone even further in securing future prospects. It'll go a long way in building the Wii U identity. I know some folks are laughing saying Sonic doesn't sell millions, but I think Nintendo should be focusing on the larger collection of quality titles to make the system appealing. This is a step in the right direction.

So, Sony had the option to get two Sonics exclusively before Nintendo did? Oh my... I'm lucky here, because I don't actually want to play a 3D Sonic on a Dual Shock. Also, Sony would also have gotten the handheld version exclusively?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Here's a little tidbit for you, Sony turned this down for something else. I think this is a really impressive move from Nintendo though, and they've obviously gone even further in securing future prospects. It'll go a long way in building the Wii U identity. I know some folks are laughing saying Sonic doesn't sell millions, but I think Nintendo should be focusing on the larger collection of quality titles to make the system appealing. This is a step in the right direction.

I have no ide a who you are, but Sega offering this to Sony first makes no sense.

From the last 4 main title Sonic games. I would rank them like this.

Sonic Generations > Sonic Unleashed > Sonic Colors > Sonic 2006.

I will not port beg for Sonic: Lost World, but i hope it doesn't remain a Wii U exclusive like Rayman Legends.

Ty4on

Is that supposed to be good? Outside of about three 5 second sections, it was a glorified QTE (sprinkled actual QTEs).

It looks easier than it is, but it is probably not everyones cup of tea. Learning and mastering a stage and unlike almost every other Sonic game it never really slows down so when you've memorized enough you can keep mach 1 through the entire stage which is really rewarding.
Also jump, homing attack, stomp, boost never stops being fun. It is almost like a rhythm game :p

Hedja

I actually think Sonic games nowadays are a good fit with Nintendo games/consoles; they're both "childish" as the "hardcore" like to call it.

With this new unprecedented partnership, maybe they'll make a crossover kart racer. That new M&S Winter game looks a lot like that.

Ridley327

Is this a Resident evil 4 type exclusivity?

No one knows the specifics yet; it's reasonable to suggest that Nintendo likely got at least six months of exclusivity on the game, if not more. With how well Sonic does on Nintendo hardware, it was probably a very easy decision for Sega to make.

SykoTech

Agreed.

If this amounts to sonic unleashed( daytime)/ generations also other characters.

They get all . all monies, even other peoples.

Agreed. Nice to see another Gaffer right on the money.

Are sonic games any good these days? last one i played was dreamcast launch title

Colors (Wii, 2010) was pretty good.

Generations (PC/360/PS3, 2011) was great, especially on PC.

The Daytime half of Unleashed (PS3/360, 2008) was also quite good, but that involves going through the Werehog parts. Might be best to skip that one, sadly.

X33Fv.gif

sounds good

that is fucking horrifying!

Sonic exclusive to a Nintendo system :eek:

This so iro... tastic !
I can't wait to see gameplay footage. The Wii Sonic games were for the most part good.

Spiegel

Can you prove that you have inside knowledge on the matter and that you aren't just a Sony fan who wants to feel important?

He called the 8GB GDDR5 for PS3 and no one believed him.

He also said other things related to S-E and Sony which can't be confirmed yet (E3).

Maedhros

Fuck, this means we won't get a PC version. :mad:

This is exactly the problem for me.

Also, it's on a platform that no one wants. I understand that they need exclusive games like this... but fuck that, I'm not a Nintendo acionist... I just wanted to play the game.

Kimawolf

This is exactly the problem for me.

Also, it's on a platform that no one wants. I understand that they need exclusive games like this... but fuck that, I'm not a Nintendo acionist... I just wanted to play the game.

But isn't that the point.. Kinda like Bayo 2.. make enough exclusive, unique games people want, then it goes from no one wanting to people wanting. I am sure that's what they hope will happen anyway.

effzee

If this comes out Fall 2013, it might mean 3D Mario Wii U might be delayed to next year.

If both released this fall? In addition to some of the other stuff Nintendo has to deliver on, the fall lineup at least might shape up to be pretty good.

Still kind of disappointing if Sony gets a new cool project which maybe Nintendo could have had.

If this sells well, Nintendo should seriously buy out Sega.

I know you like to act like an insider.

But what your post doesn't make sense.

Maedhros

But isn't that the point.. Kinda like Bayo 2.. make enough exclusive, unique games people want, then it goes from no one wanting to people wanting. I am sure that's what they hope will happen anyway.

Yeah, read my post again, it's exactly what I said that I don't care. There's no way I'm buying a Wii U just because I love Sonic... it's just unrealistic, and I don't have money to bleed right now.

Sonic is literally the only game I'm interested on the platform (since I don't care about any other Nintendo game and the others I can get somewhere else).

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
This is obviously a moneyhat from Nintendo.

I doubt Sega just decided to make Sonic an exclusive to a console that is currently bombing harder than the GameCube.

Sonic does fine on Nintendo platforms and I believe All Star racing did best on Wii U.

So, Sony had the option to get two Sonics exclusively before Nintendo did? Oh my... I'm lucky here, because I don't actually want to play a 3D Sonic on a Dual Shock. Also, Sony would also have gotten the handheld version exclusively?

perhaps it was a reverse moneyhat deal they offered sony, pay us money or its going Nintendo exclusive

TheOGB

Banned
aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

My mind

I'm still at work so I don't even have time to process but holy fuck, what

This is obviously a moneyhat from Nintendo.

I doubt Sega just decided to make Sonic an exclusive to a console that is currently bombing harder than the GameCube.

PS360 Sonic Racing was outsold by the version on the platform that's currently bombing. And generally, Sonic games sell most on Nintendo consoles since... it went 3rd part, actually. Did you ever see Sonic & Mario sales? It's only natural to choose Nintendo for Sonic, and it actually is nothing special anymore, I mean there's quite a lot of Nintendo exclusive Sonic games. And it's not like they could have seen the Wii U sales coming when the project started (which should be much earlier, if it comes out in Fall)

But yes, it's a ,,moneyhat'' in a sense... I mean, it's official.

Z3M0G

Suddenly a Sonic game is a potential system seller?

Have Sonic games even been successful over the past 5+ years?

Top Bottom