• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Mania (8-15-2017, SEGA/Taxman/Headcannon/PagodaWest, PS4/XB1/PC/NX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLiquid

Aaron and Gene said on Twitter that SXSW doesn't have any official streaming setups for panels. They're gonna try to get something working, maybe a Periscope, but promised we'll get whatever news they announce one way or the other. At worst we're probably going to have to resort to looking at live tweeting or waiting for trailers or videos to go live.

They'll throw any trailers or w/e that come out of this thing on social media immediately I have to imagine so eh, not exactly a total nightmare.

Aaron and Gene said on Twitter that SXSW doesn't have any official streaming setups for panels. They're gonna try to get something working, maybe a Periscope, but promised we'll get whatever news they announce one way or the other. At worst we're probably going to have to resort to looking at live tweeting or waiting for trailers or videos to go live.

Last year, SXSW's official stream got Aaron and the rest of them to talk about some of the stuff they spoke about at the panel, an hour or two after the panel itself.

And the Sonic Twitter might tweet the announcements as the panel goes along

Here's hoping the 3D 2017 game isn't some weird and crazy shit, lol. If hub worlds, weird mini games/characters/filler, etc make their way into this game I'm not going to be happy, haha. I'm hoping for essentially a successor to Generations but with unique levels and story instead of borrowing from previous games, MAYBE a new gameplay style thrown in.

I'm secretly hoping what they do is divide the gameplay into 3 sections: Classic, modern, and adventure. Adventure gameplay would be like SA2, basically. I'd be content though if they basically took the Generations formula and smoothed out its rough edges and had it play at a solid 60 fps. Truth be told, Classic Sonic controlled like shit compared to other modern 2D platformers (And classic for that matter!), I'd love if SEGA could make playing as that Sonic feel more like Taxman's games.

As someone who only likes Sonic 1-2-3 (& Knuckles) this is the game I've been wanting for over 20 years. I'm so incredibly hyped.

I have the CE pre-ordered on PS4, but feel it's a game that would be best suited for the Switch, especially given it's portability and wonderful Pro controller. I just need Best Buy to make it available for pre-order.

I hope the release date pleases everyone.

taybul

I played this at a random booth at PAX East this year. Not knowing anything about it I was playing through the familiar Green Hills Act 1 zone impressed by the updated visuals and then was immediately blown away by the
lightning shield I found in the same level
! All sorts of excitement began to pile up and this quickly shot up to one of my favorite games in PAX this year. Can't wait for the release!

robotrock

Banned
What does everyone think of Studiopolis Zone? It's the kind of Sonic level where you stop a bunch and have to regain momentum and puzzle your way out of it. Or at least, I had to do this at PAX.

These were my least favorite levels of the original Sonic games so I hope there's not too much of that. Though if it's stuff you dieheard Sonic fans want, that's cool with me then.

What does everyone think of Studiopolis Zone? It's the kind of Sonic level where you stop a bunch and have to regain momentum and puzzle your way out of it. Or at least, I had to do this at PAX.

These were my least favorite levels of the original Sonic games so I hope there's not too much of that. Though if it's stuff you dieheard Sonic fans want, that's cool with me then.

Eh, you need some balance. Lava Reef, Marble Garden and even Ice Cap had those moments, as long as nothing cheap is on the way, I"ll be fine.

Stevey

Flying Battery Zone confirmed for Mania.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyXg9kAp4Vc

54W1Mga.gif

Ramune

I'm going PC so I can rock my Saturn USB pad

This has been the only right answer as far as how to play this game! For shame!
/s

This is the Sonic CD sequel I always wanted. CD's art aesthetics and Chaotix's sptite aesthetics together with Sonic 3's level design! Can't wait!

clav

Just noticed the sync is off by 1 second.

Is Sonic Mania faster or is the placement of the foot speeder closer?

spunodi

I am disappointed in those who prefer the 3K sprites. Sonic 2 was best overall (CD second, though it's 1 with extra poses). Mania made the right choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom