• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Mania |OT| Dreams Come True

Ferr986

I can't fucking believe it.

FYDfK0b.gif

Did they fix his nose in the final release? it's too distracting lol

mindatlarge

I've stayed clear of impressions and such but I really hope this game ends up being quality. If so, it'll be day one for me.

60fps or not? Need a solid answer.

60fps for every version, including Switch, which is specifically mentioned in the eShop description.

Experience the ultimate celebration of past and future in Sonic Mania, an all-new 2D Sonic adventure running at a crisp 60FPS with stunning HD retro-style graphics. Multiple playable characters give you the ability to go explosively fast as Sonic, soar as Tails, or power through tough obstacles with Knuckles' brute strength. You can re-live the Sonic of the past with an exciting new twist on classic zones while fighting against new bosses and Dr. Eggman's evil robot army. Go head to-head with players in Competition Mode or play in Co-Op Mode with a friend. Sonic Mania was developed by Christian Whitehead, Headcannon, and PagodaWest Games in collaboration with Sonic Team. Welcome to Sonic Mania!

This blurb is also on the Switch eShop itself.

Alpha_eX

Happy to hear the Switch version runs at a nice 60fps, really felt the burn (pun not intended) in Overcooked and was put off from ports.

Incredibly hyped for this!

Ducktail

Happy to hear the Switch version runs at a nice 60fps, really felt the burn (pun not intended) in Overcooked and was put off from ports.

Incredibly hyped for this!

I mean... it's a 2D game the original PSX could probably run. I'd be really worried if the Switch wasn't able to run it at 60fps.

SOLDIER

How long until reviews start coming in? I've got this on a "wait and see" watch, but it's an extremely fast one: the very second I get confirmation it's great, I'll download it.

But I just need to be sure. Sonic has broken my heart far too many times...

How long until reviews start coming in? I've got this on a "wait and see" watch, but it's an extremely fast one: the very second I get confirmation it's great, I'll download it.

Less than two and a half hours from this post (they're live at 11 AM ET).

Vidal

NZ-GAF, is the game out already? E-SHOP in Australia shows release date as 15/08, but it doesn't say anything about midnight release. :|

Koppai

I forgot to order the CE of the Switch version. Is there a difference between PS4 and Switch versions that I should know about?

Might just double dip

I'm in, but I want to see reviews to decide between PS4 and Switch.

The only other thing that makes me hesitate is that I'd rather have a physical release and they're being a bit cryptic about it.

I'm so excited for this! I have the Xbone Collector's Edition ordered but I really want this on Switch so I'm tempted to buy it on there too. This really is the game I've been waiting for for a very long time.

Hopefully I can talk myself out of double dipping...

Ozone

Will buy if good. Been waiting for too long for a good Sonic game.

Still on the fence, though...!
If it helps, I played it at PAX East earlier this year. If you love the Genesis games, it plays 100% the way you expect it to. That's the moment I knew I had to buy the collector's edition.

jobrro

One hour to unlock on AU PSN. Don't think I have been this excited for a new Sonic since Generations or maybe even Sonic Adventure.

Seik

Banned
My friend learned today that EB Games Canada were cancelling his Switch CE edition order.

What a fucking dick move, one day before release, don't buy there. :lol

Oemenia

Banned
Guys I never ever buy games brand-new, let alone digital games but I'm really hyped for this.

So my question is, how likely is a physical release and DLC? I can't bring myself to spend £16 when a superior product could be on its way soon.

Laws00

Got to wait till next week for switch collectors edition ugghhh

i double dipped and just bought it digital on PS4

Guys I never ever buy games brand-new, let alone digital games but I'm really hyped for this.

So my question is, how likely is a physical release and DLC? I can't bring myself to spend £16 when a superior product could be on its way soon.

A physical release will probably happen eventually. Aaron Webber (Sega's PR guy for Sonic the Hedgehog) has stated that his team basically pushes for it with the higher ups at Sega almost every week. Sonic Mania's almost guaranteed initial sales success will likely push them over the edge to producing it .

I've complained to Amazon about mine not shipping yet. Hopefully it gets me somewhere, and the karma of letting games that came a day late slide is paid back.

RockmanBN

Hmm, my Switch CE is coming Thursday from Amazon. Is there no release day arrival for the CE?
This is what I got.

"03:53 AM PDT Neha Rajnikant: I see that your order has been updated to One-day shipping however as we have not yet received the stock of the item we are will get it delivered by Wednesday, August 16, 2017."

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Got to wait till next week for switch collectors edition ugghhh

i double dipped and just bought it digital on PS4

Me too haha

Bought the PC Collector's Edition, but the delay made me bought the PS4 too.

10'yo Derik is so hyped.

Oemenia

Banned
A physical release will probably happen eventually. Aaron Webber (Sega's PR guy for Sonic the Hedgehog) has stated that his team basically pushes for it with the higher ups at Sega almost every week. Sonic Mania's almost guaranteed initial sales success will likely push them over the edge to producing it .
Fair enough, I guess physical it is. I was itching to play and the pre-order bonus items look pretty cool.

Top Bottom