• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
For the first time, I've finished Sonic Heroes. Fucking chaos emeralds kept me from completing it 9 years ago.

It's better than Colors.
notto_disu_shitto_agexsxza.jpg

Son, you need to replay Colours.

Perhaps the best thing that came out of Game Grumps.

Noi

I'd greatly appreciate it if SA2 would stop making my Chao trip three times in a race that I'd normally win otherwise. Jesus christ.

Anth0ny

so I've been making my way through all the Sonic platformers since maybe Generations' debut trailer, just for fun. gonna sum up my findings here so far...

Better than Sonic Colors:

Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sonic 3K
Sonic CD
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic 06
Sonic Advance
Sonic Generations
all Master System/Game Gear Sonics
Sonic Jump
Sonic Heroes

Worse Than Sonic Colors:

Chaotix
Sonic Unleashed
Sonic 4
Sonic Rush/Rush Adventure/Colors DS
ViewtifulJC's favorite game
Astrosanity's favorite game

Still need to (re)play:

Advance 2
Advance 3
Sonic Battle
Sonic 3D Blast
Shadow the Hedgehog
Black Knight (lol fuck)
Sonic and the Secret Rings

Shadow is next. I'll be making a LTTP on that one. Expecting it to be really, really bad. Probably worse than Colors.

Anth0ny

I don't see Colors on that list of games to replay.

I'd like to play every game at least once before returning to a title. I know you guys want me to give Colors a second chance... I'll see what I can do.

I did just upgrade my PC... Colors on Dolphin perhaps? It's a pretty game, I'll give it that.

BlackJace

06 is a fundamentally broken game. The design is offensive, its technical issues are rampant.

It is objectively worse than Colors simply by the fact that Colors is a complete, actually-competent title.

There are actual gameplay elements missing from 06 that were skipped due to the rush to stores. The game was barely (if at all) playtested. The game was so embarrassing to the franchise that they retconned the entire events of its abortion of a story in the ending sequences. In addition, SEGA ordered that copies of the game be removed from the store so that no other unfortunate soul would have to endure its incompetence.

Either you are trolling, or you have no concept of what video game design means, as well as the inability to spot an unfinished product from another.

You may not like Colors, you may not like its story, gameplay, sound, design, WHATEVER. But to say that 06 provides a better experience than Colors is nothing short of incomprehensible.

Fuck, there, I said it.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
What does this mean?
His excitement is fuelled by the fact that it's so bad.

I think Shadow's better than Sonic 2006.

I think Sonic 2006 essentially The Room'd Anth0ny's brain. Look at how much fun we have watching other people suffer through the game. We could watch pokecapn's LP countless times because the team playing is fun to listen to. We can watch two people like Sega1991 and ShockingAlberto run through it for charity for hours. We love seeing mods like the Beloved Dog and the Pigeon in action. We can even make a Sonic 2006 LTTP thread several pages long because of discussion with regards to how bad/hilarious it is. We can even watch 2D remakes of the damn thing in action.

Like it or not, Sonic 2006 is an utterly captivating game. It may not be fun to play (I don't think it's fun to play at all, even while intoxicated), but it's exciting to watch.

I get that he likes it, but man I don't get the whole "it's better than Colours and Unleashed" part.

qq more

do you honestly have a burning hatred for BOOST gameplay or something enough to prefer 06? not to mention colors was not even a HOLD BOOST TO WIN game

Emitan

Colors barely had boosting. You were rarely boosting and it wasn't even the mach speed inducing boost from Unleashed and Generations.

Might as well hate spindashing with that logic. OMG YOU CAN MOVE FASTER

Anth0ny

06 is a fundamentally broken game. The design is offensive, its technical issues are rampant.

It is objectively worse than Colors simply by the fact that Colors is a complete, actually-competent title.

There are actual gameplay elements missing from 06 that were skipped due to the rush to stores. The game was barely (if at all) playtested. The game was so embarrassing to the franchise that they retconned the entire events of its abortion of a story in the ending sequences. In addition, SEGA ordered that copies of the game be removed from the store so that no other unfortunate soul would have to endure its incompetence.

Either you are trolling, or you have no concept of what video game design means, as well as the inability to spot an unfinished product from another.

You may not like Colors, you may not like its story, gameplay, sound, design, WHATEVER. But to say that 06 provides a better experience than Colors is nothing short of incomprehensible.

Fuck, there, I said it.

so bad it's good :)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yeah, you guys, I'm listening to a few soundtracks I feel like handing awards out to for the sake of handing awards out to, but the 2012 soundtrack uploaded for Sonic Before the Sequel is really fucking good.

Downpour - For Hilltop Heights Act 2 is one that caught my ear and I love the instrument samples used in this. I've talked about Invisible Realm - For Lost Levels Act 1 before, and man... I just can't help but to be incredibly impressed with this soundtrack.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Colors barely had boosting. You were rarely boosting and it wasn't even the mach speed inducing boost from Unleashed and Generations.

Might as well hate spindashing with that logic. OMG YOU CAN MOVE FASTER
But what if I do dislike both boosting and spindash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom