• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony’s Andrew House Found Microsoft’s Response to the PS4 Pro “Quite Intriguing”

SOR5

The entire article and more at Playstation Lifestyle
ps4-pro-555x3282.jpg

After the PlayStation 4 Pro was announced, the official Xbox Twitter account reminded everyone that the Xbox One S includes a 4K Blu-ray player – something the PS4 Pro lacks – and Microsoft’s Albert Penello talked about how he believes next year’s Project Scorpio will be the “most powerful box.” In a new interview with Digital Spy, Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO Andrew House was asked about Microsoft’s response:
"I thought it was quite intriguing given that we’d seen a year of stories about “a new and different Microsoft” in terms of their attitude towards the competition."
House added, “That was rather short lived, wasn’t it?” when Digital Spy brought up the new and gentler politics of recent years.

Although the official Xbox Twitter accounts and some executives made these comments, Xbox boss Phil Spencer mentioned that he prefers things to be more civil. “I’ve been public about my dislike of the negative dialog. We should stay focused on what we are building for Xbox gamers,” he wrote on Twitter.

Disclaimer: Competition is good for you, the gamer, it means your voice gets heard and companies push that little bit harder for your money

R3TRODYCE

"I thought it was quite intriguing given that we’d seen a year of stories about “a new and different Microsoft” in terms of their attitude towards the competition."
House added, “That was rather short lived, wasn’t it?”

Hot damn lmao.

joeblow

Why don't these interviewers zero in on getting info that is actually useful from these Q&As? For one, we still do not know if SATA III is supported on the PS4 Pro.

Kyoufu

Yeah it is kinda weird to see Microsoft using media features against the competition's more powerful games console (until Scorpio is out). Feels like 2013 again in some ways.

It also feels like 2006 when Sony were doing pretty much the same thing with Blu Ray.

DJIzana

It's no different than Sony with the PS4 "This is how you share games" video BUT, that said, Microsoft will never have the sales that PS4 has with the Xbox One OR the games. Maybe Scorpio might change that but at the end of the day, for me, it'll always be about Japanese games. I might sing a different tune when/if we stop getting these AAA Japanese games.

chefbags

With the lead PS4 has, I think he is far from mad.

Yeah lol sony is far ahead from Xbox sales and Scorpio is a year away to compete with the pro so next year the true battle will begin again.

Until PS5 comes out a year or two after Scorpio lol.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Company is modest when behind in sales and performance. Company less modest when it leads somewhere.

Shocking.

Im expecting some mad contradictions compared to the Microsoft thread(already seeing it from both sides), list wars at one point, sales talk(already happening) possibly a ban. Keep it civil

I mean I'm sure Microsoft would gladly provide Sony with an online infrastructure if asked, for a fee of course.

I think that is what Microsoft meant haha.

Ps4 lead will change again if MS keeps making right decisions and Sony stumbling. Look at what happened with 360-> xbo

Globally no chance. Xbox just doesn't have the brand awareness. That said the Xbox name is still strong in NA and I don't think it's impossible for Scorpio to outsell Playstation from time to time in NA. Many NPD months are super close between PS4 and Xbone even with the Bone winning some months.

But on a global stage that Playstation name is too strong.

Competition always breeds innovation. House is coming across as such a hypocrite especially after this

https://youtu.be/kWSIFh8ICaA

I myself am a huge fan of the console wars, it's just fun going back and forth, s'long as everyone is respectful.

But at the end of the day it's all about the games.

It's a show. I sit back & watch these guys snipe each other, and reap the rewards. My dollars aren't accounted for. Deliver what I want and I'll throw money at you, doesn't matter if it's Sony or MS.

Top Bottom