• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SONY ANNOUNCED NEW PSP!!! (more changes than you thought)

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.K.

leehom said:
Does the Japanese Psp have an option for English and does it play U.S. psp games? I'm very interested in the Japanese FF7 CC LE PSP.

Get ready to sell your first born child to afford one.

leehom

B.K. said:
Get ready to sell your first born child to afford one.
If it's more than $250, I can live with the u.s. version. :) Is Loco Roco worth $30? Thats the cheapest I can find it online or retail. I already purchased HSG for $15, what games would you gaffers recommend for a newbie psp owner?

B.K.

leehom said:
If it's more than $250, I can live with the u.s. version. :)

It'll probably be at least $350. Probably over $400. The Final Fantasy III edition DS is around $350, so the Crisis Core PSP will probably be even more expensive than it.

leehom said:
If it's more than $250, I can live with the u.s. version. :) Is Loco Roco worth $30? Thats the cheapest I can find it online or retail. I already purchased HSG for $15, what games would you gaffers recommend for a newbie psp owner?

Best Buy has that cardboard display of cheap games, usually near the front cash registers? Not too long ago I spotted a handful of copies of Loco Roco in there for $9.99 (and bought one), you might take a look if you have a BB nearby.

Toys'R'Us is also good for PSP game prices, and Sears has been having some major sales lately.

leehom

B.K. said:
It'll probably be at least $350. Probably over $400. The Final Fantasy III edition DS is around $350, so the Crisis Core PSP will probably be even more expensive than it.
I can find the FF3 DS edition for $200.....

I'll check best buy tomorrow morning, thanks for the heads up Kulock.

Matix

PSP-Lite/Slim/2000: New (?) Scans:
Lite.jpg
Lite2.jpg

Lite3.jpg

I'm still wondering will the extended RAM help improve the Web-Browser..

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Matix said:
I'm still wondering will the extended RAM help improve the Web-Browser..

It's no mystery. Extra RAM will help with reduce the "out of memory" errors. We might get background downloading as well. *fingers crossed*

Verve

the new model will launch in europe in september, right?

just looked at amazon germany and they don't even offer new "old model" psp's right now. wouldn't it be a lillte bit early for them to get rid of their stock now? or am i missing a recall like in the netherlands (IIRC) some time ago?

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Bump for a new in-depth article at PSP_Vault going into the specifics of the new PSP model.

Some interesting tidbits:
While the PSP-2000 is flatter as the back of the unit no longer has defined outcroppings, the it is allegedly slightly harder to hold than the current unit.

Three empty UMD cases (with manuals and UMDs removed) weigh roughly the same as the new PSP, to give you an idea of the weight.

While USB recharging is supported, the PSP must be put in USB mode to be recharged via USB. You therefore cannot recharge via USB during a game.

The power connectors have been removed. The power jack itself remains the same.[used for some docks apparently]

ITmedia also found absolutely no improvement in game startup times. They tested Monster Hunter Portable 2nd and Wild Arms XF, and found that there was no noticeable difference in the [startup] load times of the games on the new generation hardware.

TV-Out wire and OneSeg TV Tuner

ki_psp2000_02_02.jpg
ki_psp2000_02_12.jpg

Comparision shot
ki_psp2000_01.jpg

More shots:

psp08.gif
psp26.gif
psp19.gif
psp38.gif

Linkage(for J-Gaffers):

http://plusd.itmedia.co.jp/games/articles/0708/09/news006.html