• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces Paris Games Week 2016 lineup (no press conference)

salromano

https://blog.fr.playstation.com/201...e-et-la-liste-des-40-jeux-jouables-sur-place/

Google translated below.

PlayStation Blog France said:
Hello everyone! It is the meeting place of all French gamers, the Paris Games Week is back this year from 27 to 31 October at the Porte de Versailles in Paris. PlayStation will of course await you with a stand of 2500 m² and no less than 40 games spread over nearly 300 terminals - VR 30 with PlayStation.

In parallel with gaming stations, the PlayStation booth will also host a theater of 60 seats for qualitative demonstration of future hits PlayStation 4 presented on PlayStation 4 Pro 4K UHD, securities of which you will find Horizon Zero Dawn and inFamous Second Son: First Light .

Finally, the PlayStation booth will host the finals of eSports tournaments PlayStation Plus League. For the occasion, the stage is set with bleachers for the public.

Without further ado, here is the list of games available at the salon!

VR PlayStation games playable:

Farpoint
Batman Arkham VR
Resident Evil 7 VR
RIGS
Until Dawn - Rush of Blood
Robinson: The Journey
Final Fantasy XV
Eagle Flight
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Bound
Driveclub VR
EVE: Valkyrie
Kitchen
Battlezone
VR Worlds
Headmaster
Moto Racer 4
VR Playroom
Carnival

PlayStation 4 games playable:

Horizon: Zero Dawn
GT Sport
Call of Duty: Warfare Infinite
Gravity Rush 2
Final Fantasy XV
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
FIFA 17
For Honor
Destiny: The Lords of Iron
Mafia III
PES 17
Steep
NBA 2K17
Skylanders: Imaginators
The Tomorrow Children
Abzu
Drawn to Death
Everybody's Golf

Games presented in the theater:

Horizon: Zero Dawn on PS4 Pro 4K UHD, HDR
inFAMOUS: First Light on PS4 Pro 4K UHD, HDR
The Last Guardian
Detroit: Become Human

See you at the Paris Games Week 2016, from 27 to 31 October at the Porte de Versailles in Paris. The PlayStation booth will be available in Hall 1 of the Paris Games Week.

I feel like they really needed one more presser before the pro dropped to sell it better

That reveal event was a mess.
Thing is, it doesn't demo well at keynotes.

Their best way to go is to upload a bunch of high quality PS4 Pro videos and to explain what it does for 1080p owners in the month to come.

Floody

Maybe people come to play games announced in a conference.

How many games that get announced at a press conferences are also playable at the same event (or even the next one)? They were setting themselves up for disappointment.

tolkir

How many games that get announced at a press conferences are also playable at the same event (or even the next one)? They were setting themselves up for disappointment.

Splatoon? I don't know, maybe not new announcements but new gameplays of games already announced without release date like WiLD.

Elios83

It's biggest market - no press conference.

Makes sense.

I knew there wouldn't be any conference and it makes total sense because this year the Playstation Meeting where they announced the Slim and Pro changed the timing of all the announcements for them.
The stuff that was supposed to be there (see Wild) can be showcased at PSX instead.

Figured there wouldn't be a conference. Guess they want to bolster their PSX after all the complaints last year. Either that or they blew their load at E3.

Figured there wouldn't be a conference. Guess they want to bolster their PSX after all the complaints last year. Either that or they blew their load at E3.
They have so much they need to freaking show at this point that the only thing they blew they load about at e3 was showing shit 2+ years away(looking at you Kojima)

Psx has some expectations now from me and not even from a new announcement standpoint

AmuroChan

Why is Uncharted 4 playable? lol

To showcase PS4 Pro patch. 4K upscale with HDR.

They have so much they need to freaking show at this point that the only thing they blew they load about at e3 was showing shit 2+ years away(looking at you Kojima)

Psx has some expectations now from me and not even from a new announcement standpoint

Death Stranding is the only game they showed that's for sure 2+ years away. Lego SW, Batman VR, Farpoint, Battlefront VR, FFXV, Resident Evil 7, Horizon, TLG, Farpoint, Skylanders Imaginators are already out or will be out before E3 2017. GOW, Days Gone, Detroit, and Spiderman are potentially late 2017 or early 2018 games.

To showcase PS4 Pro patch. 4K upscale with HDR.

Death Stranding is the only game they showed that's for sure 2+ years away. Lego SW, Batman VR, Farpoint, Battlefront VR, FFXV, Resident Evil 7, Horizon, TLG, Farpoint, Skylanders Imaginators are already out or will be out before E3 2017. GOW, Days Gone, Detroit, and Spiderman are potentially late 2017 or early 2018 games.
Ehhh idk I feel like the only two that may be 2017 is god of war and Detroit.

I really hope it's the first option, "their load" on E3 was pretty thin as well.
Idk about all that tho.

I could see God of War being the next "we're going to set it for fall even though we know damn well it is going to get delayed to spring" title. I would think Spiderman and Detroit would hit 2017 but who knows. Spiderman in fall 2017 would be the only thing they need for that period to go along with the third parties.

I really hope it's the first option, "their load" on E3 was pretty thin as well.
How was it thin?

Top Bottom