• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony @ CES: WOW Wear 4k smart content WOW underwater tennis with your dog WOW

ReaperXL7

Press Conference

t1389056400z4.png

Kaz's keynote:

t1389112200z4.png

" The press conference will air on January 6th at 5 PM PST, and  will be livestreamed directly by Sony here (you can find the video embedded at the bottom of the post).

Kaz Hirai’s keynote will be livestreamed by Cnet here on January 7th starting at 8:30 AM PST (the conference proper will start at 9 AM)."

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/01...-and-kaz-hirais-keynote-will-be-livestreamed/

This could likely belong in OT as CES is not specific to gaming, but with Sony putting a focus on gaming as one of Sonys main pillar I think its possible PS4 could have a significant spot at the show.

Update

Sony has updated how you can watch the CES livestream:

The keynote will begin Tuesday, January 7th, at 9 AM Pacific/ 12
PM Eastern. Here’s how to watch:

Log on to the PlayStation Store on your PlayStation 3.

Scroll down to the Apps section and find Live Events Viewer for download.

Once the Live Events Viewer is downloaded, find it on the XMB under TV/Video Services.

Log on with your PSN or Sony Entertainment Network username and password.

Then you’re ready to watch Sony President Kaz Harai’s keynote at CES, plus any future live events on the Live Events Viewer.

Delivered straight to your living room on your PlayStation 3 system, Live Events Viewer allows you to watch exciting live content or catch up with on-demand viewing such as concerts, races, and more all with no subscription and no commitments.

http://blog.sonyentertainmentnetwor...ent-kaz-harais-ces-2013-keynote-this-tuesday/

I feel like the only major PlayStation-centered announcement will be their VR headset (if it's ready for display). CES isn't really the place to show off new games.

border

Is it me or does it seem like every year there's a rumor about some big gaming announcement coming at CES? And then it is very quickly proved false.

DJIzana

We'll see more gaming news now that the holiday drought is gone too. Obviously more so than what'll be at CES.

Bsigg12

I'm sure the PS4 will be mentioned, but this will be about their cameras/TVs/phones. Keep hype levels in check.

vivftp

Can't wait! I'll get home shortly before the press conference on Monday, but I'll be at work during the keynote so I suppose I'll have to watch it later.

I've never reall paid much attention to keynotes before. Do they usually reveal new tech or strategies of the particular company, or is it just some sort of boring speech about the state of the industry or something?

Hoo-doo

Banned
Pump the brakes, pump the brakes!

We can't let the hype train get loose again.
Expect nothing, that way it'll always turn out positive. :)

TVs, smartphones, possibly a smartwatch and a tablet is what I expect. Highly doubt PS4 will be mentioned other than to give it a nod for the phenomenal success. Possibly an updated sell through figure as a best case scenario.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Pump the brakes, pump the brakes!

We can't let the hype train get loose again.
Expect nothing, that way it'll always turn out positive. :)
Fuck that. I just very recently read a rumor that they will show The Last Guardian there.

Abriael

Banned
Is it me or does it seem like every year there's a rumor about some big gaming announcement coming at CES? And then it is very quickly proved false.

This time the rumor has been sparked by Yoshida, and in a rather solid way. It may very well prove false, mind you, but it doesn't come from nowhere.

At the very least I'm expecting an update in sales numbers for the PS4.

vivftp

TVs, smartphones, possibly a smartwatch and a tablet is what I expect. Highly doubt PS4 will be mentioned other than to give it a nod for the phenomenal success. Possibly an updated sell through figure as a best case scenario.

I know I'm impatient to ask, but do you have any clue as to what they may show off on the TV front? One would hope they would have either production models of OLED or CLED sets to show off. I'll be a bit disappointed if all they have are 4K triluminos sets again.

I know I'm impatient to ask, but do you have any clue as to what they may show off on the TV front? One would hope they would have either production models of OLED or CLED sets to show off. I'll be a bit disappointed if all they have are 4K triluminos sets again.
4K LCD. Slightly fancier backlighting. No OLED and CLED. Sony have dramatically scaled back OLED investment for consumer grade products. The announcement was made on Christmas day, as it is a good day to bury bad news.

Yawnier

Banned
I know it's unlikely but I wouldn't mind an official announcement for the Vita TV and/or Vita 2000 releasing in the western world.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Dudes need to get their high end smartphones on more carriers than just T-Mobile in the US.

Top Bottom