• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony completely revises list of PS4 EU studios, down from 53 to 28 [to 30]

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Same fate as Nintendo. Sony is losing third-party support fast and the console isn't out yet.
All that RAM didn't help, huh?

Are they also going third party now? Imagine how great it would be if you didn't have to buy a Nintendo console for Nintendo games and also didn't have to buy a Sony console for Sony games. But what happens if Microsoft goes third party, too?

Are they also going third party now? Imagine how great it would be if you didn't have to buy a Nintendo console for Nintendo games and also didn't have to buy a Sony console for Sony games. But what happens if Microsoft goes third party, too?

Sega is rubbing its hairy hands.

sono

Gold Member
This does not seem pleasant.

Heavenly Swords 2, I hope. They pimped the shit outta that game in the new sizzle reel attached ahead of PS4's reveal.

To the powers that be, let this be the case. I might beg if required.

Yoshi

Sega is rubbing its hairy hands.

Are you talking about these:
sonic_pose_95.jpg
?

inky

CD Projekt is one example.

CD Projekt is also trying very hard to get all their games on consoles, and even designing them more akin to what you would expect from a console release. It's a mutually beneficial parternship for sure, but I doubt Sony had to woo them too much to make it happen.

CD Projekt is also trying very hard to get all their games on consoles, and even designing them more akin to what you would expect from a console release. It's a mutually beneficial parternship for sure, but I doubt Sony had to woo them too much to make it happen.

CD Projekt probably was on board the second Sony had PC like system.

Derrick01

Banned
Killthee said:
Mostly everyone.

Old List:

<EUROPE / PAL>
4A Games
Kalyspo Media
505 Games
Laughing Jackal
Abstraction
Ludosity
Beatshapers
Mediatonic
Big Ant
Milestone
Big Bit
Mojang
BitComposer
Onmi Systems
Bloober Team S.A.
Prodigy Design
Boss Alien
Ripstone
Bugbear
Roll7
Cauldron
Ronimo
City Interactive
Rovio
Criterion Games
Shortround
Croteam
Sperasoft
Curve Studios
Sproing
Dakko Dakko Ltd
Stormbasic
Deck 13
Straight Right
Double Eleven
Targem
Eko Software
Tate
FatShark
Techland
Flying Wildhog
Tonika
Four Door Lemon
Torus Games
Frozenbyte
Vector Cell
FuturLab
Virtual Toys
Gaijin
Vlambeer
GHOST GAMES - AN EA STUDIO
Wizarbox
Green Hill Studios

Who are just about all of these companies?

In their stead are some new noteworthy studios, such as CD Projekt

I'm ok with this. I would gladly trade all of those in that list above for CDPR alone.

Vita also had tons of dev names according to the other thread.

Just sayin.
57 European studios to be exact:

Alawar
Allegorithmic, makers of Substance
Beatnik Games
Catalyst Outsourcing
"CCP"
Climax Studios Ltd
Codemasters
Codeplay
Electronic Arts
Enigma Software Productions, SL
Eurocom Entertainment Software
Eutechnyx Ltd
Exient
Firelight Tech
Fresh3D
FUN labs
Gameloft SA
Gameshastra
Home Entertainment Suppliers PTY Ltd
Honeyslug
Icon Games
Impromptu Software Ltd
Just Add Water Ltd
Kuju Doublesix
Lexis Numerique
Mobile Interactive Group Ltd
Namco Bandai
NaturalMotion
Playerthree Ltd
Beatshpers
Blitz Games Studios
Broadsword Publishing Limited
Rebellion
Rockstar Games
Rubicon Mobile
Sanuk Games
SEGA
Sidhe Interactive
Spinvector
Stainless Games Ltd
StormBASIC Games
Sumo Digital Ltd
Tag Games
Take2
The Game Atelier
THQ
Tonika Games
Trine Entertainment Ltd
Trinigy
Tru Blu Games
Ubisoft Entertainment SA
Umbra
VeeMee
ZAPPAR
Zen Studios Ltd
505 Games

noah111

Still Alive
I'm not sure why anyone pays attention to these lists at all.

You know how you'll know when a developer is supporting a console? When they announce a game for that console and show you evidence that the game exists and is actually coming to market.

Exactly, it's widely irrelevant in terms of gauging launch titles or anything like that.

Looking at the old list it looks like they included devs who were making games for Sony's Xperia Play and/or PlayStation Mobile.

For example, Vlambeer made this: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/21/playstation-mobiles-super-crate-box-is-the-definitive-version/
:lol

Coolwhip

Banned
I would like to know how many studios are actually working on WiiU/PS4/720 games total. A lot less than a few years ago I guess?

Honey Bunny

Somebody obviously put up the wrong list. If you were trying to mislead people intentionally why would you leave out CD Projekt, 2K Games, Codemasters, Ninja Theory etc. on the first go-through.

Man these lists are dumb.

Corto

Has Sony been reaching out to traditionally PC developers? It seems that with the friendly architecture that the PS4 could absolutely steal a little of Steam's sunshine, or at least make things cross platform. Some of the experiences that are more popular on the PC traditionally could be made to work with a PS3 controller. If they aren't doing their best to make the console extremely developer-friendly, they're screwing up!

Paradox was in the original list.

Hindle

Banned
Some of those developers still may not work on the PS4, if MS signs them up for a partnership. On the flip side they may only work on the PS4 If Sony do the same.

Yoshi

57 European studios to be exact:

Alawar
Allegorithmic, makers of Substance
Beatnik Games
Catalyst Outsourcing
"CCP"
Climax Studios Ltd
Codemasters
Codeplay
Electronic Arts
Enigma Software Productions, SL
Eurocom Entertainment Software
Eutechnyx Ltd
Exient
Firelight Tech
Fresh3D
FUN labs
Gameloft SA
Gameshastra
Home Entertainment Suppliers PTY Ltd
Honeyslug
Icon Games
Impromptu Software Ltd
Just Add Water Ltd
Kuju Doublesix
Lexis Numerique
Mobile Interactive Group Ltd
Namco Bandai
NaturalMotion
Playerthree Ltd
Beatshpers
Blitz Games Studios
Broadsword Publishing Limited
Rebellion
Rockstar Games
Rubicon Mobile
Sanuk Games
SEGA
Sidhe Interactive
Spinvector
Stainless Games Ltd
StormBASIC Games
Sumo Digital Ltd
Tag Games
Take2
The Game Atelier
THQ
Tonika Games
Trine Entertainment Ltd
Trinigy
Tru Blu Games
Ubisoft Entertainment SA
Umbra
VeeMee
ZAPPAR
Zen Studios Ltd
505 Games

European studios such as "Sega" or "Electronic Arts"? What's going on in Sony's list department ^^.

You know how you'll know when a developer is supporting a console? When they announce a game for that console and show you evidence that the game exists and is actually coming to market.

Yeah, those lists at the reveals are all fluff as we've seen from the past many times over. They do not show full support or a lack of support and are just there as a bullet point.

Pretty much this. Blizzard is not on any list of PS4 developers, yet, Diablo 3 is coming to PS4.

Josh7289

Curiouser, not one of the developers and publishers named on the previous list makes an appearance on the new roll call.

Sounds like the old list was the list of studios they're not currently working with.

You can deffo chalk this up to Sony being a bit overzealous on their definition of "support" as well. Case in point, that 3DS third party wall-o-devs which has been culled to oblivion over the last 2 years.

Gold_Loot

It's all part of a big, hair-themed, conspiracy then, eh?

But, don't get me wrong, I do want an HS 2, I just don't think everyone included in that reel is developing an exclusive game to PS4.
Either that, or "bald Dante confirmed" .. One can only imagine the meltdowns

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Goddamn, why such a drop in devs?

There was talk that Sony 'accidentally' put out a list of all licensees rather than PS4 specific ones. That there was some kind of mixup like that. Wouldn't explain why the new list has new additions, though. Maybe the last list was PSN licensees or something.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I don't see EA on this list. I know they are but they've been M.I.A. here with PS4 stuff.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Honestly I prefer the revised list. Although it seems like a really weird thing to happen. How did they come up with all those folks on the first list to begin with?

Maybe places they sent dev kits and they expressed interest? And now its more realistic in terms of projects in development?

Top Bottom