• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony completely revises list of PS4 EU studios, down from 53 to 28 [to 30]

aristotle

Didn't Joystiq just get this from Gamasutra? I know Gamasutra actually interviewed supposed studios and got actual details. If they just aped this, they should really give credit where it's due.

Mostly, it looks like indies haven't decided yet, but were in negotiations, so Sony decided to put them there. These relations are being built with time, not immediately after the console announcement anyway. But still, better not to confuse public next time, Sony.

I'm not sure why anyone pays attention to these lists at all.

You know how you'll know when a developer is supporting a console? When they announce a game for that console and show you evidence that the game exists and is actually coming to market.

This is true. If we just went by lists, we'd have thought Team Ico was supporting the PS3.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
To correct some wrong ideas in the thread suspecting studios being dropped or shying away post announcement, the initially released list was obviously erroneous.

Several developers on the initial list, including ourselves, were included even though they had no PS4 dev/pub license, kits, or concepts submitted to Sony. I mentioned it to Sony in one of the email convos I have going with them on the weekend, though I'm sure they were aware given some of the reporting around it.

The original list looks like a subset of PSN and/or PS Vita devs/pubs, and its original distribution seems just a mistake, especially in light of how dramatically different the new list is.

Top Bottom