• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2015 Press Conference Dated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what pissed Sony off most last year, the Bloodborne leak or the Street Fighter V leak? Those were two genuinely massive announcements, and both were spoiled. Maybe that's why they're just in complete lockdown mode right now.
It probably pissed off Shu, but judging by the runaway sales of the game, I can't help but think the leak was an intentional campaign from the marketing people. The ridiculous hype absolutely did create lot of expectations in both the gamers and gaming journalism. But the fact that the game not only lived up to expectations but surpassed it in many areas is testament to Miyazaki and his team's excellence.

thuway

I honestly don't think we are going to see GT7 or the Last Guardian. It's a little too early for Polyphony, we are only 24 months out from GT6.

bombshell

To update on that a little further, it's almost assuredly a 2016 title at this point. From what I hear, some things were still being prototyped as recently as the beginning of this year.

Bummer, but not surprising.

Still, I'm hoping it is far enough in development to have a gameplay section at E3 and not just a trailer, since you mention in that old thread that they actually had a trailer ready for last year E3, but saved it.

Zukkoyaki

To update on that a little further, it's almost assuredly a 2016 title at this point. From what I hear, some things were still being prototyped as recently as the beginning of this year.
I'm crazy excited for this game! High profile sequels like Uncharted and Street Fighter are great, but there's something magical about an interesting, Triple-A new IP. Can't wait to see it :D

Wrynnax

Hope it's not in the same situation as the now cancelled SSM game...

Philippo

Early 2016?
Between UC4 and R&C, Spring is already packed.
Q1 they only have SFV, and Summer/Fall seems too much further imho

An openworld Rpg Game....Could this be the most expensive First Party Game of the WWS at the moment?
Sony will probably start a huge marketing campaign for it

So, fall 2016? I never expected Guerrila's new IP to come out this year anyways as this fall/holiday season is already packed.

klee123

An openworld Rpg Game....Could this be the most expensive First Party Game of the WWS at the moment?

It's actually one of the few genres (wrpg) that Sony hasn't covered in their first party portfolio.

Javin98

Banned
Holiday 2016 sounds like a perfect time. Spring is pretty packed and Summer is generally the dry season.

Zukkoyaki

Other than maybe God of War or Uncharted, it's quite possible. Open-world RPGs are quite an endeavor, plus this one has supposedly been in the works since like 2010-2011.

Javin98

Banned
I still wonder why its at California and not at New York. It fits the schedules of people better, especially those people who are in Europe or worse, Asia.

Best wishes.
This, so much this! I can't believe Sony's conference will be at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday in my location. I'm almost considering skipping school to watch it.

Really hope Horizon releases this year. Sony will need something to spend the 1st party cash on this year.
Problem is, when to launch it? It is a new IP and will need a huge spend to keep up with Halo, Assassins Creed, COD etc.

Really don't know what I'll be playing this Xmas from WWS. Not interested in COD, Assassins, battlefront, no mans sky etc.

delSai

Oh please! I just want a new Hot Shots Golf though!

A new Hot Shots/Everybodys Golf is coming!
And i believe it was called "Golf Entertainment", i can see somekind of VR/Move support for this.

Really hope Horizon releases this year. Sony will need something to spend the 1st party cash on this year.
Problem is, when to launch it? It is a new IP and will need a huge spend to keep up with Halo, Assassins Creed, COD etc.

Putting a new IP out against Star Wars, Call of Duty an so on seems like a bad idea. Next year, when it had alot of marketing and doesn't have to compete against huge games would probably be better for it.

Bit soon for Gran Turismo if they're not doing a remaster of 6 I'd think.

"Everything will be running naturally," Yamauchi said about Gran Turismo 7 for PS4. "PS3 was much, much more difficult. The high quality of data that we have being rendered on the PS4 I think is going to make an incredible difference."

Yamauchi went on to say that he and his staff at Polyphony Digital have a "clear vision" for Gran Turismo 7, which is "to do everything we couldn't do in GT6," he said. "We want to make it very Gran Turismo. By that I mean it's going to be a game that matches the very era that we live in, in 2015 or 2016."

A new Hot Shots/Everybodys Golf is coming!
And i believe it was called "Minigolf Entertainment", i can see somekind of VR/Move support for this.

No, it's Mingol, which is an abbreviation of the full Japanese name "Minna no Golf" aka "Everybody's Golf."

So it's a proper Everybody's Golf project. Technically it was only 'teased' last year, I expect a full reveal this year at either E3, PGW or pre-TGS.

PeteMc

Neo Member
I don't think I'm gonna stay up this year to watch it live.(I live in Ireland)
Main reason is that I'm not expecting to much but honestly as long as they don't bring up anything about Powers or Vue I'll be happy enough ;)

My predictions/wishlist are
1. Reboot of Syphon Filter
2. Ni No Kuni 2
3. New Wipeout
4. Uncharted Collection
5. Quantic Dream's new game (please no remastering of Beyond: Two Souls)

delSai

No, it's Mingol, which is an abbreviation of the full Japanese name "Minna no Golf" aka "Everybody's Golf."

So it's a proper Everybody's Golf project. Technically it was only 'teased' last year, I expect a full reveal this year at either E3, PGW or pre-TGS.

I just noticed that, the "Min" confused me for a second :p

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I honestly don't think we are going to see GT7 or the Last Guardian. It's a little too early for Polyphony, we are only 24 months out from GT6.

They should have ported GT6 to the PS4 in early 2014. Being only on PS3 has killed that game.

Putting a new IP out against Star Wars, Call of Duty an so on seems like a bad idea. Next year, when it had alot of marketing and doesn't have to compete against huge games would probably be better for it.

Makes you wonder what the fuck WWS have been playing at. Can't think of a major release for Xmas.

The new content they added in 6 was built with 7 in mind. I think they held back new cars from that game too as they were seen scanning things which didn't appear in 6.

If its 2016 but should of hit fall 2015 we should def. get atleast a teaser trailer of the project.

With GG's tech wizardry I can't wait to see what they could do with an open world WRPG title. GG right up there with Naughty Dog in my mind with being able to pull off some ridiculousness no matter the hardware.

Javin98

Banned
Robot dinosaurs are still there, right?
I would walk up to GG's office and slap every worker there if they removed the robot dinosaurs.
I won't :p

If its 2016 but should of hit fall 2015 we should def. get atleast a teaser trailer of the project.

With GG's tech wizardry I can't wait to see what they could do with an open world WRPG title. GG right up there with Naughty Dog in my mind with being able to pull off some ridiculousness no matter the hardware.
You're forgetting SSM :p

Biggest question for GG is will their writing be up to snuff? Their hiring of the lead writer for Fallout New Vegas should really help.

That's all of them, then.

e3_2015.png

Seems like I will only have to take Monday to myself. Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom