• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.D

Can someone confirm the Sony conference is 2 hours? I've seen a couple of posts over the last few days mentioning 1 hours or less than 2 hours

I find it a bit hilarious The Witcher 3 is premiering at the MS Conference.

Here you have a company which is pushing for DRM Free releases and own a DRM Free store unveiling on a platform with the biggest DRM restrictions we have ever seen.

Semi debunked in the thread, no?

Apparently it's a contributor (much like Forbes) and the website is the Polish equivalent of Newsweek.

Here you have a company which is pushing for DRM Free releases and own a DRM Free store unveiling on a platform with the biggest DRM restrictions we have ever seen.

Didn't that just get debunked, the rumour was from a newspaper that has a small gaming section, and the journalist had no ties to the gaming sector and just speculated to get hits.

Respawn

Banned

They're not.

zeopower6

Click View Schedule there. It says the conference starts at 6 and the post show starts at 7. I think its a mistake though.

Actually, do we have any concrete source that says it will be two hours? I know it's been traditionally two hours but.... who knows at this point?

Also I'm gonna be sad when this hits 20k. :(

Thorgal

at this point i would be surpprised if CDprojekt and VALVE are still on speaking terms with MS.

I wonder if the former will even make a game for X1 again given their stance on the issue.

Actually, do we have any concrete source that says it will be two hours? I know it's been traditionally two hours but.... who knows at this point?

Also I'm gonna be sad when this hits 20k. :(

It's not going to be 1 hour lol. 1.5 min, 2 max. Probably 2. IGN was the OG source I believe. Other source is history + common sense.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
You know Sony is EXTREMELY BAD at keeping secrets when the first time they actually keep secrets from leaking makes people think they have nothing to show.
To be honest, that is very annoying to read. This fake lowering of expectations is so transparent.

Do it like the people before the MS Xbox One revea: hype that shit.

And if it's crap, then it's crap. I can't bear to read "But I had low expectations anyway" in 2 days. We all know that isnt true. This is the E3 of next-gen consoles.

Into

Why are some people getting worried Sony have nothing to show?

What games leaked pre 20th February? Nothing leaked, they have been very water tight this time around, whatever they did pre 20th February obviously worked, so they are doing it again and its obviously working

GYNGA

I;ve never seen this picture before is that supposed to be the main screen of the new XMB? I notice at the bottom it says "continue" and "exit" So possibly that menu underneath watch dogs opened when you click on the game maybe? or is this another menu?
I think it's "Games" section, not the main menu

M.D

Only site I could find mentioning one hour conference is IGN so it's probably wrong (plus it would be very unusual for Sony conferences)

S¡mon

Banned
Oh, I just remembered I had a cool idea yesterday.

So, Sony really did something special with PS+, but what's the next step? A great source of revenue is found in renting games, Gamefly seems to be doing well enough. What if Sony could get in on that, and actually make it easier and quicker?

So, PSRent would be their rental service, that they introduce later on in the PS4's life-cycle, when it has a big enough library to warrant it. Basically, you can digitally rent a game for say 5.99$ or 4.99$ if you have PS+. You could pay it immediately due to the Gaikai stuff, which releives some headaches of waiting, and you hae access to the game for 5 days. The only catch? Since the title is completely digital and timed, you have to be online to play it.

Another cool part of this would be at the end of your 5 day rental, a box comes up and says "Would you like purchase this game fully?" and you can purchase the game immediately off of the PSN Store, and it is 4.99$-5.99$ cheaper; basically subtracting your rental price. It basically removes all the DRM/rental stuff on it, and then you can immediately go back to your game, except you own it now.
That would be nice, but I suppose it would only be beneficial to developers (and Sony) if you could only rent games that are 6+ months old.

I was, recently, thinking about something similar. There were a few rumours that Sony would introduce some paid services, next to PlayStation+.

What about a Gaikai paid streaming service? I don't know, something like "PlayStation Ultimate", which includes everything PlayStation+ does, but it also does something else. It allows you to download an app on iOS/Android or your PC, connect your PS4 controller (through bluetooth) and allows you to play any PlayStation 4 game you have bought.

And developers could optionally include PC controls, so you can for example play PS4 exclusives on a PC with mouse & keyboard through Gaikai streaming.

It would be a great way for gamers to game anywhere, if they want to, and Sony can also make some money on online services.

What games leaked pre 20th February? Nothing leaked, they have been very water tight this time around, whatever they did pre 20th February obviously worked, so they are doing it again and its obviously working

There is also TGS so they don't have to show everything here.

Conference won't be one hour. They have to cover numbers and PS3 and Vita. PS4 itself might get 1 hour though or maybe a little more. Since they are going on last they don't really have a tight time constraint if they need to go a little long. I'm sure they are ready to change certain things in their conference too depending on what Microsoft does in theirs.

Into

I imagine a new thread will get made after this one hits its end

Also we havent even done a "hype train" photo that includes us all, or maybe we should shake it up and get a gigantic ship to house all these people =)

Click View Schedule there. It says the conference starts at 6 and the post show starts at 7. I think its a mistake though.

Yeah, that has to be an error because Sony doesn't do E3 conferences that short. Since the start of the PS3 I believe their shortest conference is an hour and a half. And they tend to be closer to two hours long.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

Driveclub and Knack leaked, I think.

netBuff

If Sony had nothing to show, they surely wouldn't have allowed all these game announcements for PS4 the last few days - including Sony properties like Planetside 2.

If Sony had nothing to show, they surely wouldn't have allowed all these game announcements for PS4 the last few days - including Sony properties like Planetside 2.

Sony is really bad at doing this whole press conference thing though. I honestly wouldn't put it past them to blow their load before E3 and then waste half of the presser on Ubisoft multiplatform games.

Because they do it every year. :[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom