• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cidd

So I missed the Xbox reveal.

I had a fun trip going to eb games dropping off a bunch of PS3 games (ones I never play) and a wii and vita game and putting all that credit I made towards MGS Legacy collection. Can't wait to check that out. It will be the first time I ever play a Metal Gear game.

The reps were furious by the way, the phones kept ringing about people asking how much their 360s were worth and the cashiers would keep answering with a low value. Then they would hear the same bitching and whining asking why their 360s weren't worth that much.

I totally forgot about the reveal and check my phone, gaf no surprise was down. Go on joystiq, read the console name. Xbox One.

What the fuck was Microsoft thinking and who named this?

Also the rep had some fun spotting out the games I was trading in were all PS+ games I had gotten for free, it was blatantly obvious. I wouldn't have traded in Demon's Souls, Wipeout 2048, or Sleeping Dogs otherwise

by the way not the most appropriate thread, but where can I watch the actual reveal? It seems hilariously bad.

Wish I was lucky enough to miss it...

Pro-tip: Never expect niche titles like Mark of Kri, Grandia IV, Lunar IV, SaGa Frontier X, King of Fighters 100 to appear on a conference with a full showing (maybe unless it's Nintendo because they showed Golden Sun: Dark Dawn).

0. But I definitely know I'm going to lose this one! :)
:(

too late. already expecting Sony's Theme at E3 to Be Nostalgia.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
So damn excited. Only 492 hours to go.
igsRw8zMZZUUv.gif

You have a point. To me it was also an exercise in them having learned some hard lessons over the past 7 years.

Definitely this. What's awesome about the trip Sony has been on with the PS3 and now PS4 is that they had to turn things around majorly and they really did about halfway (I guess?) during the PS3's primary life cycle (as in meaning up to the PS4 launch, I know games will still release on PS3 and all).

I think it's cool seeing this happen in what feels like damn near real time. I can remember quite vividly the times when the PS3 was both a laughing stock and considered a worthy console. There was a Gamestop near a place I used to work and I was in there almost every day there for a while. Over time there was a steady decline in PS3 bashing, and seemingly more and more people browsing the PS3 section.

Sony pulled off an awesome turn around and it's great to see them trying even harder now.

Didn't Mattrick clearly say in the beginning that it was a all-in-one entertainment box? In fact, I'm pretty sure he never said video game console.

There's a reason the Sony and MS events were night and day, they are positioning themselves differently. There was no mistake by MS, they're just making a different bet.

Even as an all in one box, MS did not convince me that I need a XBO. I have no problems changing channels and I'd much rather use internet stuff on my laptop. If I'm playing a game I can use my phone as a browser.

So what's everyone reasonable expectation for out of left field surprise for their conference? I know that seems a bit contradictory but you know what I mean.

Elios83

The wait is going to be terrible :/
I'm really hoping to see a japanese renaissance which of course includes The Last Guardian and FFXV in all their PS4 glory :p

Pistolero

Yes, but it was way more than that. I'm not saying that Microsoft should have matched that or did something similar, but Sony just simply put together a vastly superior presentation in every conceivable way. They touched on social aspects but related them strictly to games. They talked about apps and features that aren't necessarily totally game related, but they still related them in some way to games. They talked extensively about the technology and how it, along with all its new features and bells and whistles, are going to contribute to the gameplay experience both gameplay wise and socially. In addition they had these really nicely put together animated features to go along with the speakers and various aspects of their mission statement. The entire presentation wasn't super exciting, sure, and not everything about it appealed to me personally, but for the most part they got me on board and got me very giddy about the PS4.

There were people on stage during the PS4 reveal that are ridiculously excited about what it means for games and gamers. That gets me excited. Not one god damn thing during the Xbox One reveal got me excited for the console. It was the polar opposite of the PS4 reveal. I know it's early days and Microsoft could have an incredible E3. I hope they do. I'm actually pulling for them. I want to want a One. Bias is stupid. The more things that are awesome, the more fun life is. I want these things to be amazing, but again, the difference with these events, between presentation, content, and even enthusiasm, and I'm not talking about fake crowds, is night and day.

Post of the day is yours.

RPGamer92

Banned
I expect FF15 to be PS4 exclusive so for some reason I don't expect they'd do another game. UNLESS maybe Square announces a complete partnership with Sony of some kind. Which is possible I guess.
Maybe after most of their Xbox games sold like crap, they decided to go back to focusing on Playstation systems.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I expect FF15 to be PS4 exclusive so for some reason I don't expect they'd do another game. UNLESS maybe Square announces a complete partnership with Sony of some kind. Which is possible I guess.

I kinda wanna play Dragon Quest VIII on my Vita though. :(

HooYaH

Pro-tip: Never expect niche titles like Mark of Kri, Grandia IV, Lunar IV, SaGa Frontier X, King of Fighters 100 to appear on a conference with a full showing (maybe unless it's Nintendo because they showed Golden Sun: Dark Dawn).

0. But I definitely know I'm going to lose this one! :)
:(

What about the Persona series?

Gadirok

Does anyone in this thread know if the deal for being entitled to a free copy of Deadlocked HD is still on if you purchase FFA or is it gone?

LuuKyK

I only honestly believe that XV will be exclusive because of the rumour of Sony helping develop it. I doubt any other game will be like that if Sony is not helping. Unless, as you said SE made some kind of partnership with them.

Knoxcore

What I want to see at E3?

More inFamous.
More Killzone.
More Driveclub.
More Deep Down.
More of The Witness.

I want to see what Naughty Dog, Quantic Dream, Sony Santa Monica and Media Molecule are doing. I hear Guerrilla is working on another IP. Will love to see that too. I want to see a release date and demo fro The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. I want to see more indie and PSN games. I want to see what Konami is doing and finally I want to know if Agent is still in development.

I know it's too much to ask for and I won't be disappointed if I don't get most of it, but I'm hoping.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
What about the Persona series?

That's niche and markets the Japanese community more.

I'll be wildly surprised if it gets an E3 showing and reveal. TGS sounds much more reasonable.

Pistolero

Tolerate my digressions and let me for a moment play the devil's advocate :

I honestly think that despite their mediocre reveal, Microsoft is a position of force with regard to E3. They have more first party studios than Sony today, all of which had migrated to next gen development. They also unshackled themselves from the time consuming exercice of presenting services, a task that Sony is still expected to get down to. Finally, they have only one plateform to support contrary to their main rival.
With them announcing 15 new IPs within the next 12 months from their studios alone, one could doubt the capacity of Sony to counter such an offensive.

I'm curious as to whether or not SCEJ will be making a big console game. Been loving what they've done/are doing lately and it shows they still got it. I want to see a big console game. Seems too good to be true though.

I dunno, if it's purely an entertainment hub (more so than the 360), I expect a lot of region locking for the services such as Hulu and Netflix, thus I definitely can't use those.

Probably. I may know nothing, I may know something. It's up to you if you want to believe the octopus!

Say something oh mighty octopus.

RPGamer92

Banned

I honestly think that despite their mediocre reveal, Microsoft is a position of force with regard to E3. They have more first party studios than Sony today, all of which had migrated to next gen development. They also unshackled themselves from the time consuming exercice of presenting services, a task that Sony is still expected to get down to. Finally, they have only one plateform to support contrary to their main rival.
With them announcing 15 new IPs within the next 12 months from their studios alone, one could doubt the capacity of Sony to counter such an offensive.
It's 8 new IPs, not 15

Pennywise

Well you should start by counting out games that are already announced.
And who said that these 8 new franchises are solely based on first party studios ?
No remarks about the types of those game either, they could be arcades,episode style games or Kinect games which are hardly comparable to other Xbox One games.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

No they don't.

Gadirok

I'm curious as to whether or not SCEJ will be making a big console game. Been loving what they've done/are doing lately and it shows they still got it. I want to see a big console game. Seems too good to be true though.

I'm still disappointed in SCEJ in many ways, they hold potential for more but until I see another title with the quality of patapon I will remain biased towards them.

I buy most of their titles compared to other studios from Sony too. Maybe thats why I always expect bigger and better things from them. Higher standards...

Knack and Pupeteer are nice. and I still don't know why people don't count them as big releases.

Rain looks great too but its coming too late on PS3. The new Vita game seems ambitious as long as its not another Monster Hunter esque game.

As for Team ICO I am disappointed in them, and Siren is getting bigger and needs more support.

CAMP needs to bring out another Patapon stat.

Donthizz#

dat spin.

Spongebob

Banned
I want Sony to come out and say in a very clear way that they aren't blocking used games. Their statements so far haven't been clear enough for me and saying that it's a publisher decision doesn't cut it imo.

Gadirok

Does anyone in this thread know if the deal for being entitled to a free copy of Deadlocked HD is still on if you purchase FFA or is it gone?

Anyone?

All my Ratchet and Clank threads are drowned by the Xbox One negativity storm. Not a great time to be talking about it but I want to save $10.

I'm still disappointed in SCEJ in many ways, they hold potential for more but until I see another title with the quality of patapon I will remain biased towards them.

I buy most of their titles compared to other studios from Sony too. Maybe thats why I always expect bigger and better things from them. Higher standards...

Knack and Pupeteer are nice. and I still don't know why people don't count them as big releases.

Rain looks great too but its coming too late on PS3. The new Vita game seems ambitious as long as its not another Monster Hunter esque game.

As for Team ICO I am disappointed in them, and Siren is getting bigger and needs more support.

CAMP needs to bring out another Patapon stat.

my definition of big is in terms of ambition/budget. Don't think Knack and Puppeteer are very ambitious and I doubt they're investing a lot into them, despite the fact that puppeteer looks great. Could be wrong on that.

Gadirok

my definition of big is in terms of ambition/budget. Don't think Knack and Puppeteer are very ambitious and I doubt they're investing a lot into them, despite the fact that puppeteer looks great. Could be wrong on that.

I think that new Vita title is the closest bet then since its multiplatform on PSP, Vita, and PS3. Its a huge project when you think about it but in terms of budget not so sure...

Zoator

Maybe I was ill informed...
I thought they were at almost 20 studios against 13 or 14 for Sony. I might have to recheck though...

Sony has consolidated a lot of their studios into single studios with multiple teams. In terms of developer headcount, Sony has the largest first party of the big 3 by a significant margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom