• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think Sony will be able to keep this momentum going. They are holding back something that could devastate its audience and if I have to guess then I reckon that online play will become a premium feature. MS made far too much money on it and Im sure Sony took notice.

I really don't think they will. Sony Online Entertainment's philosophy has been free to play for a while now. Every single game they have currently is free to play. PlanetSide 2 has been heavily hinted to be coming to the PlayStation 4 by the CEO of SOE. I would be extremely surprised if online play is a premium feature as it would eat into PS2's profits.

Soriku

Zeal made a ban bet too and now he's banned...just sayin. Though there hasn't been enough time to prove everying he's said, he said there'd a blowout on Versus before E3 and that's looking pretty unlikely. Also some Versus documents were supposed to leak out, but yeah that never happened.

Wasn't that other "insider" regarding MS/Xbox just banned too? Reiko?

kuroshiki

Zeal made a ban bet too and now he's banned...just sayin. Though there hasn't been enough time to prove everying he's said, he said there'd a blowout on Versus before E3 and that's looking pretty unlikely. Also some Versus documents were supposed to leak out, but yeah that never happened.

Wasn't that other "insider" regarding MS/Xbox just banned too? Reiko?

Reiko was 'insider'? since when?

Soriku

Reiko was 'insider'? since when?

I don't know anything about him for sure but I read some people were saying that he was giving the same "hint hint nudge nudge" BS regarding the Xbox One and it was all wrong.

But that's why I put insider in quotes.

Shahadan

So after the Xone shit I'll probably buy only a ps4 this time, barring surprise shit of the same nature.
Excited for E3, I just hope they'll show some interetsing games, since none of the games in the Reveal did anything for me, except those I can get somewhere else.

Crossing fingers for a wipeout or something like that.

I don't know anything about him for sure but I read some people were saying that he was giving the same "hint hint nudge nudge" BS regarding the Xbox One and it was all wrong.

yea Reiko just fell into the hype. He kept on saying that the Xbox would have better specs over and over again. A Blizzard animator who said Xbox One had GDDR5 Ram (made a bet) also got permabanned.

The educated folks like Thugway, Kid beta, Roboplato, phosphor112 and pizza were right all along. You just can't change specs on the fly...

Verendus is next

Soriku

yea Reiko just fell into the hype. He kept on saying that the Xbox would have better specs over and over again. A Blizzard animator who said Xbox One had GDDR5 Ram (made a bet) also got permabanned.

The educated folks like Thugway, Kid beta, Roboplato, phosphor112 and pizza were right all along. You just can't change specs on the fly...

Verendus is next

E3 can't come soon enough :/ I just want official announcements.

Thorgal

can we please stop with this shit....please...only on xbox....guys.....stahp

wishing Sony does something as stupid as MS is not going to make anything better for you, but worse for everyone

Its amazing that people realy think : if my favourite console fucks up ,everything has to be a disaster also to make it better.

its the exact same stuff Nintendo fans where screaming after the GDC laughing situation.

hell i can understand the disapointment and anger that they experience.

but wishing for the competition to suffer also because your console is bad is just silly.

Spongebob

Banned
Verendus, is Versus cross-gen?

PS4 is not going to be perfect. They are going to have certain practices which are also, in my opinion, anti-consumer but part of that is just an evolution of things that had started this past generation.
Are there any used game fees?

There is a Kingdom Hearts PS4 game due to be released in 2014. I guess obvious enough which one? Not KH3 btw.
So I'm guessing 2.5HD?

Last bit of info then. I know you're being sarcastic, but Demon's Souls 2 is in development.
I'm guessing that this is a VITA title.

Remember in 2008 there was a syphon filter rumor for ps3? Maybe it was moved to ps4? Believe! Wasn't there a rumor of sony having a stealth game or something?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
vader nooo.gif

It makes sense to showcase the European studios stuff in Europe. We've already had a live demo of the campaign for SF, they can show MP at E3 and then their new IP at Gamescom. Sony always has a pretty big presence with some good announcements at Gamescom so I bet we'll be getting some good info regularly from E3 through TGS.

I would also just love to see Kojima do a next gen MGSV reveal at the PS4 conference. I love his reveals and the way he goes about demoing stuff and that would be an absolute megaton for me.

Ark

I do not think Sony will be able to keep this momentum going. They are holding back something that could devastate its audience and if I have to guess then I reckon that online play will become a premium feature. MS made far too much money on it and Im sure Sony took notice.

PS4 will only start by scanning your credit card.

I'd welcome a new Syphon Filter, whether it's for the PS4, Vita or PS3. I think it's taken a sabbatical for far too long and Gabe needs to be brought back into the fold.

Endo Punk

Can we stop focusing on my avatar. Yes I have Only on Xbox tag because I was excited to see what MS will show but Im not a fanboy dammit, I wuv my PS! Im just saying that Sony is notorious for hyping up and then completely losing it. E3 05 and E3 06 anybody? I would love for PS4 to be a gaming paradise like it sounds now but it just seems too good to be true. There will be disappointments and I just think a feature we expect will be sacrificed.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Twisted Metal came back because Sony love David Jaffe. Who will back Syphon Filter? 989 is a dead studio, Bend is busy with Uncharted...

Who was working on Eight Days? Was it Sony's London studio, The Getaway guys? They haven't released anything in a long ass time.

Reiko was being fed info from a GAF member in private and encouraged by the member through his ban bet.

Can we stop focusing on my avatar. Yes I have Only on Xbox tag because I was excited to see what MS will show but Im not a fanboy dammit, I wuv my PS! Im just saying that Sony is notorious for hyping up and then completely losing it. E3 05 and E3 06 anybody? I would love for PS4 to be a gaming paradise like it sounds now but it just seems too good to be true. There will be disappointments and I just think a feature we expect will be sacrificed.

That Sony is gone....Phil Harrison is gone, Ken Kutratgi is gone, nvidia is gone, the dev kits got stronger instead of getting weaker, Yoshida is awesome, their first party devs have become stronger etc etc

Syphon Filter would just be a generic TPS these days.

Objective based gameplay and open levels are dead. It's all about delivering that cinematic rollercoaster ride.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Objective based gameplay and open levels are dead.

Playing up the spy angle with cool Bond-esque gadgets and open level design would be cool as shit. Still, I think that if we see another Syphon Filter it'll be for Vita, not a giant, big budget PS4 game.

Zep

Banned
far from generic. it had mechanics that can easily work today and they may even add cover.

Which mechanics of Syphon Filter could work today? Shooting people with a shotgun is still pretty awesome but that's about it. I have to agree with the other poster, it would be generic by today's standards.

Who was working on Eight Days? Was it Sony's London studio, The Getaway guys? They haven't released anything in a long ass time.

They nuked the European studio. Is SCEE even working on a PS4 game at this point? The only Sony Europe game I can think of is Killzone Mercs for Vita

The Getaway was made by Sony Team Soho, which is now dead.

edit: forgot about DriveClub

Which mechanics of Syphon Filter could work today? Shooting people with a shotgun is still pretty awesome but that's about it. I have to agree with the other poster, it would be generic by today's standards.

Tasering a goon until he starts to emit smoke from his ears is a timeless pleasure.

Endo Punk

That Sony is gone....Phil Harrison is gone, Ken Kutratgi is gone, nvidia is gone, the dev kits got stronger instead of getting weaker, Yoshida is awesome, their first party devs have become stronger etc etc

Yeah you're right. Rather concentrate on the positive then dwell on the negative. I just hope Sony puts out a proper Ape Escape game on PS4 :D

Objective based gameplay and open levels are dead. It's all about delivering that cinematic rollercoaster ride.

That's the thing, that cinematic style is old and tiresome by now. Games need to be different again. We are at the point where old mechanics will feel fresh again due to the overuse of cinematic in games.

Todays standards are generic as it is,each game is the same with regen health,unlocks and xp. I am not saying it needs to be the exact same,of course not but they can bring it back with new ideas and stick with what made syphon filter unique.

hell yea that was fucking awesome!! I loved burning the AI to death in Syphon Filter 1, SF2 was awesome too :)

tumblr_lupvl2mQqN1qcm0wfo1_500.gif

tumblr_m45nubeApe1qagmleo1_400.gif

tumblr_lnfqremiap1qcq2vho1_r1_500.gif

Imagine that happening on the PS4. That's all the pitch you need to get a new Syphon Filter game greenlit.

Yeah you're right. Rather concentrate on the positive then dwell on the negative. I just hope Sony puts out a proper Ape Escape game on PS4 :D

I fucking loved Ape Escape, but the team leader left Sony sometime ago. Knack kinda reminded me of Ape Escape story wise :p

tumblr_lupvl2mQqN1qcm0wfo1_500.gif

tumblr_m45nubeApe1qagmleo1_400.gif

tumblr_lnfqremiap1qcq2vho1_r1_500.gif

Imagine that happening on the PS4. That's all the pitch you need to get a new Syphon Filter game greenlit.

AHAHAH so nostalgic! This game was too much back in the day >_>

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Logan (Syphon Filter) wasn't even on PS Allstar Battle Royale.
Is dead an buried.

The list of worthwhile characters left out of PS All Stars is far larger than the roster is. I don't think the series has much of a future but PSAR isn't exactly good evidence.

Endo Punk

Would Love Syphon Filter to return but Im not confident Sony will make an interesting game out of it, preferably a stealth game. They already have a TPS with Uncharted and if they want SF to be a major player again they need to give it another identity then simply being another shooter.

Would Love Syphon Filter to return but Im not confident Sony will make an interesting game out of it, preferably a stealth game. They already have a TPS with Uncharted and if they want SF to be a major player again they need to give it another identity then simply being another shooter.

And that identity will be an actual stealth game. Splinter cell is action now, mgs is in the middle,they can fill that void if done correctly. Sony isn't scared to take risks,we have seen that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom