• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony has now sold over 600M PlayStation consoles to date

Flutta

Banned
play playstation GIF

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
yeah why should anyone here give a fuck how successful sony is? i don't give a shit how many consoles they sell or how much money they make. if they make a good product then that's all i care about. if i stood to make/lose money then i'd give a shit about how well sony or any other company is doing.
When a company does well, and profits in the process, it usually means more investment into better products and games for the end user. This isn't rocket science. Keep that same energy in all sales threads, however.

Synless

It might be a way to test the market
Like they did with the ps4 back button attachement before making the edge
I like how they tested out an optional add on that was relatively cheap and didn’t involve buying a whole new controller. They then took that data and built the most expensive official controller in the market… and limited accessibility to most people. Interesting way to “test” the market.

Still the best console on the market though. Well, then and Nintendo.

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
That’s a lot of happy customers. Me included!
weekend-party.gif

Same.

I mean - and I don't say this to start shit - I've put more hours on PS5 since I got it back in February '23 than the 2+ years I had my XSX.
I've already finished TLOU2, Horizon FW, FF7RE, Kena and playing through Days gone, Demon's souls remake, Returnal and I also have to finish GOW Ragnarok and Ghost of Tsushi amongst others...

Too many good, quality games to go through, there's a reason why this white and black vidjya gaem plastic box sells as much as it does.

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
When a company does well, and profits in the process, it usually means more investment into better products and games for the end user. This isn't rocket science. Keep that same energy in all sales threads, however.
Whenever I see posts like that, I always remind ppl ask Palm, BlackBerry, Win Mo/Win Phone users how they feel about how much a products sells.

Hell, we can use Sony and the damn Vita as an example.

yurinka

Damn, that's low. I expected more, but i guess supply chain issues and the lack of production shows. It was basically impossible to get a PS5 in the first 2 years. Degrowth in action.
Considering the time it has been in the market it isn't low. The opposite, launch aligned is one of the highest between all consoles in gaming history.

Despite the shortages, it had a record launch, and now having sorted the shortages is making an epic comeback. In a few months will be ahead of PS4 and Switch launch aligned.

Is that a good number?
It means they are the kings of the home console market, so I assume yes.

Last edited:

Kdad

yeah why should anyone here give a fuck how successful sony is? i don't give a shit how many consoles they sell or how much money they make. if they make a good product then that's all i care about. if i stood to make/lose money then i'd give a shit about how well sony or any other company is doing.
If you want games for your console, your console has to sell....so a company selling consoles is exactly what you should give a shit about.

//DEVIL//

Not really sure if that is good thing or not

August 24, 2018 was the release date of the PS4 pro 500 million edition ( to celebrate the 500 million PlayStation, which was before that date even if i am not mistaken )

so from mid 2018 to mid-2023. 5 years... to move 100$ million PlayStation cross all the hardware... PS5/PS4/PS4 pro

Top Bottom