• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) tops 2022 Metacritic Game Publisher Ranking List

GhostOfTsu

Banned
We were told this is the most important and prestigious award. Congrats Sony!

aescFuW.jpg

aVMIutP.png

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Its literally just a MC cumulative score. Everyone discusses MC.
Listen that's fine to compare scores of similar games/genres to get an idea of the next game to get. To get so worked up on a made up metacritic best publisher award that the talk is so toxic it's nuked is mental.

Kvally

Banned
I don't see why it wouldn't matter. Metacritic Awards, Oscars, JD Power. They all exist because it matters to some people. It matters to the developers, writers, actors, publishers, manufacturers. The corporation that I work for tries very hard to win the highest awards in the company. To be the best that we can be. If it doesn't matter to you, that's cool. But it does matter to many others.

No.
Horizon, Days Gone, God Of War, Ghost Of Tsushima, Spider-Man, Miles Morales and so on. It's all map icon games now. Like Ubisoft but mental blockbuster budgets behind them.

I miss SOCOM, Parappa the rapper, Killzone, Jak and Daxter, Ape Escape, MotorStorm and so on.
VR2 games, Gran Turismo 7, Returnal, Sackboy, Astrobot, Demon's Souls, TLOU, Concrete Genie and plenty of other experiences that have nothing to do with "map icon games" or Ubisoft...

edit: Ratchet & Clank. The Factions game that will be released in the future, etc...

Last edited:

DrFigs

No.
Horizon, Days Gone, God Of War, Ghost Of Tsushima, Spider-Man, Miles Morales and so on. It's all map icon games now. Like Ubisoft but mental blockbuster budgets behind them.

I miss SOCOM, Parappa the rapper, Killzone, Jak and Daxter, Ape Escape, MotorStorm and so on.
god of war doesn't really fit on that list. it's pretty linear

nial

Gold Member
No.

Horizon, Ghosts and Spider-Man are not the only games published by SIE, also GOW????
It seems that absolutely everyone who says this NEVER takes at look at their entire first-party lineup and only knows the most popular and highly marketed games.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sony_Interactive_Entertainment_video_games

tmlDan

I miss Sony. Seems now they only make Ubisoft games.

Something changed during the PS4 gen.
yea, I cant wait for Ubisoft's Baseball game or Ubisoft's Returnal or Ubisofts GoW or Ubisofts driving Sim.

Looking forward to them, maybe in an alternate universe they will come out.

No.

I have the same feeling, it seems there was much more variety back then. LittleBigPlanet,

Xbox officially doesn’t have games according to Metacritic.

Microsoft don't qualify because they didn't even release the minimum amount needed. All those acquisitions, biggest 1st party but least amount of games.. this year, their lineup is filled with Bethesda games. A formerly 3rd party publisher. What would they have had without them? Absolutely awful management and strategy from Microsoft here.

Kvally

Banned
their lineup is filled with Bethesda games
  • Redfall - Bethesda
  • Age of Empires IV for Xbox - Relic Entertainment/Worlds Edge
  • Starfield - Bethesda
  • Forza Motorsport - Turn 10
  • Hi-Fi Rush - Bethesda
  • Minecraft Legends - Mojang

This year, Sony's line up is filled with Insomniac and Bungie Games

• Spider-Man 2
  • Destiny 2 DLC Lightfall

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
CatLady CatLady likes this post. Shocked!
No, this is the one I liked.
Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Sony had a good year last year. They deserve it.

I may not be a huge fan of Sony games but a ton of other gamers are. They had a great year with a lot of very popular, high scoring 1st party games and it seemed pretty obvious they were a lock for publisher of the year.

I would love to see this whole COD going exclusive to Xbox light up Sony's ass and bring back SOCOM. SOCOM would be a better game than COD. Well, it still is. 😂
Objectively, I think Xbox and PlayStation can absolutely make a better Multiplayer FPS game. Some believe they already have, at least Xbox with HALO. It's the "pull" on the casuals that COD has that will be very difficult to challenge. No matter how "bad" some COD releases are it still does numbers and pulls in the "casuals" its like ingrained in their brains that it's the multiplayer FPS you "have to buy." I think there's something about the accessibility of COD, the ease of playing it... or something.

Last edited:
  • Age of Empires IV for Xbox - Relic Entertainment/Worlds Edge
  • Forza Motorsport - Turn 10
  • Minecraft Legends - Mojang

This year, Sony's line up is filled with Insomniac and Bungie Games

• Spider-Man 2
  • Destiny 2 DLC Lightfall

Thanks for proving my point. Just look at the lineup without Bethesda. Forza, Minecraft and age of Empires. The managment is shambolic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom