• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) tops 2022 Metacritic Game Publisher Ranking List

solidus12

We were told this is the most important and prestigious award. Congrats Sony!

[/URL]

[/URL]

aescFuW.jpg

aVMIutP.png
It doesn’t matter now, they should have won the 2021 edition, which is the most important one.

Kvally

Banned
Thanks for proving my point. Just look at the lineup without Bethesda. Forza, Minecraft and age of Empires. The managment is shambolic.
Looks damn good with and without Bethesda and I can’t wait. Look at Sonys without Insomniac and Bungie. 😟

I’m getting them all though.

Nubulax

Objectively, I think Xbox and PlayStation can absolutely make a better Multiplayer FPS game. Some believe they already have, at least Xbox with HALO. It's the "pull" on the casuals that COD has that will be very difficult to challenge. No matter how "bad" some COD releases are it still does numbers and pulls in the "casuals" its like ingrained in their brains that it's the multiplayer FPS you "have to buy." I think there's something about the accessibility of COD, the ease of playing it... or something.
Ive been saying its basically a FPS yearly sports game like Madden, FiFa, 2k... no matter how shit it is, it will still sell gangbusters...its VERY hard to compete with that, especially with them being able to pump out a new COD every single year.... sure Sony could make Socom but it would either have to be live service with patches/updates or it would be every few years.

Mr Hyde

Gonna be interesting to see who wins 2023 considering everyone of the big three is putting out potential high score bangers. So far MS is the top dog with Hi Fi Rush at 89 (I think).

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Last edited:

Akuji

Didnt microsoft win that award once with no games released?
Doesnt mean anything...
Sony had a good year but These awards feel So biased that even if you agree every once in a while, it just feels wrong.

Thanks for proving my point. Just look at the lineup without Bethesda. Forza, Minecraft and age of Empires. The managment is shambolic.
Da fuck?
You have no idea what you are talking about.
That's like saying "Just look at the PS5 line up without Insomniac". MS owns Bethesda and their games are Xbox games. You guys are scrapping the bottom of the barrel with these new troll posts.
2021 Publisher of the year, without Bethesda games.
2022 was as dry as a nuns cunt, but they still managed 2 first party games both in the 80s on metacritic.
Since 2018 Xbox game studios have released Psychonauts 2, Hivebusters DLC, Wasteland, FH5, Halo Infinate, The Outer Worlds, Grounded, Pentament, Sea of Thieves, We Happy Few DLC to name a few. This includes Covid delays, and building up another full AAA team at Playground, setting up a whole new studio from scratch in the Initiative, upskilling Undead Labs, Ninja Theory and InXile into AAA studios, doubling the size of their employees and building new studios. All three of those studios are also developing their new games on UE5 which they have all had to get used to.
Even the Coalition who are considered the best UE developer out there have had to take time to get used to the engine and spent time making demo's etc on it. They have also spent alot of time training other MS studios like Undead on it as well.
The jump from SOD2 to SOD3 is going to be jaw dropping. I think even Phil Spencer said it's one of the most anticipated games for him.
I could go on but I'm sure it's falling on deaf ears.
The last thing I will say is this, MS is looking at the long haul. What they are building with their Xbox studios, Bethesda and ABK if it goes through is going to be massive. The amount of first party content and exclusives is going to be jaw dropping.
On top of that you have the XGS who are contracting quality third party studios to make AAA exclusives for Xbox like Contraband from Avalanche.
Get your last troll posts in now while you can.

Da fuck?
You have no idea what you are talking about.
That's like saying "Just look at the PS5 line up without Insomniac". MS owns Bethesda and their games are Xbox games. You guys are scrapping the bottom of the barrel with these new troll posts.
2021 Publisher of the year, without Bethesda games.
2022 was as dry as a nuns cunt, but they still managed 2 first party games both in the 80s on metacritic.
Since 2018 Xbox game studios have released Psychonauts 2, Hivebusters DLC, Wasteland, FH5, Halo Infinate, The Outer Worlds, Grounded, Pentament, Sea of Thieves, We Happy Few DLC to name a few. This includes Covid delays, and building up another full AAA team at Playground, setting up a whole new studio from scratch in the Initiative, upskilling Undead Labs, Ninja Theory and InXile into AAA studios, doubling the size of their employees and building new studios. All three of those studios are also developing their new games on UE5 which they have all had to get used to.
Even the Coalition who are considered the best UE developer out there have had to take time to get used to the engine and spent time making demo's etc on it. They have also spent alot of time training other MS studios like Undead on it as well.
The jump from SOD2 to SOD3 is going to be jaw dropping. I think even Phil Spencer said it's one of the most anticipated games for him.
I could go on but I'm sure it's falling on deaf ears.
The last thing I will say is this, MS is looking at the long haul. What they are building with their Xbox studios, Bethesda and ABK if it goes through is going to be massive. The amount of first party content and exclusives is going to be jaw dropping.
On top of that you have the XGS who are contracting quality third party studios to make AAA exclusives for Xbox like Contraband from Avalanche.
Get your last troll posts in now while you can.

use paragraphs for fucks sake. i aint reading that shit!

Dolodolo

The last thing I will say is this, MS is looking at the long haul
I'm sick of this song about Microsoft looking to the future
I don't give a shit about the future. And all normal people don't give a fuck about the future(In the context of the gaming industry)
Everything is important here and now.
And the fact is that these idiots have not been able to release AAA for a year and a half, on the most powerful console in the world.

Last edited:
I'm sick of this song about Microsoft looking to the future
I don't give a shit about the future. And all normal people don't give a fuck about the future(In the context of the gaming industry)
Everything is important here and now.
And the fact is that these idiots have not been able to release AAA for a year and a half, on the most powerful console in the world.
For real, they been playing the "long haul game" since 2016 lol

Top Bottom