• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Is Developing An Equal Number Of PS Vita And PS3 Games

SykoTech

Their PS3 lineup is kinda drying up though, unless they're counting PS3's Fall lineup that has yet to be released.
Good news regardless. Seems like I won't have to worry about scarce support. Everything about the Vita sounds good so far.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
darkwing said:
btw do you guys have the link that MM is working on another Vita IP instead?
The new IP part is speculation, but we have this:

MediaMolecule's Job Page said:
We’re looking for someone exceptional, in the human form of an experienced graphics programmer, to paint magic and wonder into our new world. Shaping all parts of the art pipeline, from making artists happy with solid tools, right through to exciting millions of gamers with the final beautiful results on the screen.

Could this be you?! If you’re a singular army of rendering technology, excited by the chance to be an integral and influential part of a small team, then it very well could be.

So in summary, what we’re looking for is:

-Self-motivated graphics programmer who can ‘do it all’ from tools to runtime.
-Works well with artists.
-You’ll be the graphics lead! So experience or extreme talent is a must.
-It’s on a portable platform…

Media Molecule is passionate about the process of creation, and above all else we’re looking for someone who shares this enthusiasm and can excite us with something they’ve created.
Source: http://www.mediamolecule.com/jobs/graphics_programmer/

Joystiq said:
Update: Media Molecule co-founder Alex Evans responded, saying, "Well spotted! However, at the moment I'm afraid we've got nothing to announce regarding any projects... sorry. We'll have to leave the world speculating a little longer..."
Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/28/media-molecule-hiring-programmer-for-portable-platform/

Since we know LittleBigPlanet Vita is being made by Tarsier and Double Eleven, this suggests the game isn't LittleBigPlanet.

yencid

DAY 1 sony. DAY 1!

oh yeah and this reminds me of the rumor of guerrillas next game being a fantasy game. Awesome if true.

DieH@rd

Banned
onQ123 said:
the Vita's CPU/GPU is better at decompressing plus it only has to output at 960 x 544 & 2 channel audio so any game that can fit on a 8.5GB Xbox 360 DVD can be made to fit on a 4GB Vita card.

& about the clickable analogs I'm sure Vita has enough control inputs to replace it.

Xbox360 games have max 6.7gigs of game data on them, and rest is anti piracy [lol] stuff. New update will shrink that unused space and give more space to developers.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Nirolak said:
The new IP part is speculation, but we have this:

On the new IP side of the rumour, there's this too:

15TZy.png

And job spec refers to their 'new world'. But maybe it's a bit premature to say...

SykoTech said:
Their PS3 lineup is kinda drying up though, unless they're counting PS3's Fall lineup that has yet to be released.
Good news regardless. Seems like I won't have to worry about scarce support. Everything about the Vita sounds good so far.

Nah its not. Sony still have a ton of PS3 games to announce. They have some pretty interesting games from the EU on the way. I'd imagine Gamescom will be the place to show off those.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
gofreak said:
On the new IP side of the rumour, there's this too:

15TZy.png

And job spec refers to their 'new world'. But maybe it's a bit premature to say...

Little Big Trouble in Little China World.

Jack Burton orders MM to DO IT.

Nirolak said:
(Intentionally Redacted) confirmed this, and his accuracy suggests he knows members of the WipEout team.

Sony must have been trying to out whoever the leaker was.

Hmmm if true that's good I guess, 512MB+128MB VRAM is not bad at all, though 1GB + VRAM would be my hope and dream.

This thing better have a bunch of games in the pipeline, huge screen, great graphics, dual analogs and come in under $250 or NO BUY!!

NO BAI!!

Top Bottom