• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony is discussing a partnership with Pearl abyss(Black Desert, Dokev), including equity investment, to secure exclusive content.

kimcorecoba

Neo Member
Nah, the context was fake footage aka fake gameplay. Those are two different things.
A game or IP can be real while also passing along fake gameplay as legitimate, which has happened numerous times in this industry.
I think one poster referenced a "rumor" that insinuated that the devs were scammers, that there was no game even in development at all and that what was shown was a fake (not as in gameplay diff from final game but that there was no game at all.) That was the context

mortal

Gold Member
I think one poster referenced a "rumor" that insinuated that the devs were scammers, that there was no game even in development at all and that what was shown was a fake (not as in gameplay diff from final game but that there was no game at all.) That was the context
Maybe I missed something, but none of their exchange mentioned that. ChorizoPicozo initially asked if it was fake footage and later that there was a report, not that there is no game in development at all.
I think it's unwise to conflate those two things.

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
Don't know why people make that stupid comment all the time...

It's always South Korea when people refer to "Korea".

Don't be that person who sounds like an ignorant moron (i.e. "ZOMG you said Korea?! You must be talking about Kim Jeong Un").
So I made a bad joke.

Thank you for setting me straight. I was headed down a dark path.

Last edited:
Hold on, you just moved the goal post from fake footage to "fake games that were never in development." Two different things.

The original topic was never about fake trailers. It was about an article about Pearl Abyss that claimed the entire game was fake. At least inform yourself before wading into the argument.

Last edited:

Ronin_7

Banned
Gaming becoming less & less for me.

All i hear from Sony is GaaS, Korean market & Chinese is GaaS heavily even so more than the Japanese one.

mortal

Gold Member
The original topic was never about fake trailers. It was about an article about Pearl Abyss that claimed the entire game was fake. At least inform yourself before wading into the argument.
lol stop moving the goal post dude, I don't understand how you can keep doing it over and over again, but then accuse others of doing it.

My contention was regarding your response to ChorizoPicozo ChorizoPicozo and his initial post asking if the footage for DokeV was fake, and the subsequent argument about no developer ever doing that.
You moved the goalpost from fake footage to fake games that were never in development, when he didn't make that claim. The entire exchange is all right there on the first page.

kimcorecoba

Neo Member
Maybe I missed something, but none of their exchange mentioned that. ChorizoPicozo initially asked if it was fake footage and later that there was a report, not that there is no game in development at all.
I think it's unwise to conflate those two things.
Just for curiosity sake. What was involved in the report?

mortal

Gold Member
Just for curiosity sake. What was involved in the report?
The only report I'm aware of in this thread was the one shared below, but he said it might’ve been another, so you'd have to ask him.
"report"

You mean that 1 article that interviewed a random Korean person in the gaming industry, who only said he has never seen Pearl Abyss talking about development? Also says (translated) "Of course, this is not official. It could just be a distorted interpretation of my feelings."
https://bbs.ruliweb.com/best/board/300143/read/61785372

So there are zero reports of such a claim, yet there are videos of people playing and demoing Dokev.

Last edited:
Sony trying to get Korea on PS to lock down the rest of Asia
They cant make Black desert exclusive. Its huge on Xbox. 70% of Guilds in BDO are all Xbox players even on EU servers and game is crosd play between consoles.

I play it daily, i quit FF ONLINE for BDO :)

Im a 700 Gear Score beast in BDO.

Last edited:
lol stop moving the goal post dude, I don't understand how you can keep doing it over and over again, but then accuse others of doing it.

My contention was regarding your response to ChorizoPicozo ChorizoPicozo and his initial post asking if the footage for DokeV was fake, and the subsequent argument about no developer ever doing that.
You moved the goalpost from fake footage to fake games that were never in development, when he didn't make that claim. The entire exchange is all right there on the first page.

ChorizoPicozo ChorizoPicozo originally referenced the article about DokeV that CLAIMED THE GAME WAS FAKE. That was what his original post was predicated upon. He's the only one that started talking about fake footage. Ergo he moved the goalposts when I replied to his original post saying that Pearl Abyss are a serious developer who has no reason to make footage of fake games.

Once again, you not only completely miss the original context of the discussion, but refuse to even acknowledge it.

Even if he actually didn't know that the original article wasn't about a fake game and thought it was only about fake footage, he and you are still wrong and you're both moving the goalposts by continuing to argue instead of understanding that you both were mistaken... DokeV is a real game. The article was about the game itself being a scam, and so bringing up arguments about Ubisoft making fake trailers is fucking irrelevant.

Last edited:
ChorizoPicozo ChorizoPicozo originally referenced the article about DokeV that CLAIMED THE GAME WAS FAKE. That was what his original post was predicated upon. He's the only one that started talking about fake footage. Ergo he moved the goalposts when I replied to his original post saying that Pearl Abyss are a serious developer who has no reason to make footage of fake games.

Once again, you not only completely miss the original context of the discussion, but refuse to even acknowledge it.

Even if he actually didn't know that the original article wasn't about a fake game and thought it was only about fake footage, he and you are still wrong and you're both moving the goalposts by continuing to argue instead of understanding that you both were mistaken... DokeV is a real game. The article was about the game itself being a scam, and so bringing up arguments about Ubisoft making fake trailers is fucking irrelevant.
digging season 3 GIF

go on buddy.

this "Serious Developers" showed PedoKev and their other game with FAKE FOOTAGE as MMORPGs...games.....They Are NOT.

they showed Fake Games after all.😂

you and the other dude defending this dev:
e0TS4xS.gif

😝

mortal

Gold Member

Correct, he did. That's pretty much the sole thing that I was arguing, you were conflating two things.
How was I mistaken when I didn't make the claim either way?
How in the hell am I the one moving the goalpost when I was still talking about the one thing I took contention with you on? What?

Correct, he did. That's pretty much the sole thing that I was arguing, you were conflating two things.

You and your bumchum are the ones conflating a fake trailer with a fake game. I'm the only one whose argument has remained consistent throughout, i.e. that DokeV is a real game.

Your pal argued it wasn't, changed his mind, and you jumped on the bandwagon to support his goalpost shifting. So I lump you both in together as being guilty of the same crime.

How was I mistaken when I didn't make the claim either way?
How in the hell am I the one moving the goalpost when I was still talking about the one thing I took contention with you on? What?

You're mistaken by claiming I moved any goalposts. I never argued against a fake trailer from the outset. You just failed to understand the original context of the discussion.

Next time, try reading the actual discussion thread from the beginning before jumping the gun.

Anyway, this line of discussion is boring. Let's just leave it be.

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
You and your bumchum are the ones conflating a fake trailer with a fake game. I'm the only one whose argument has remained consistent throughout, i.e. that DokeV is a real game.

Your pal argued it wasn't, changed his mind, and you jumped on the bandwagon to support his goalpost shifting. So I lump you both in together as being guilty of the same crime.

You're mistaken by claiming I moved any goalposts. I never argued against a fake trailer from the outset. You just failed to understand the original context of the discussion.

Next time, try reading the actual discussion thread from the beginning before jumping the gun.
Bumchum, are you serious? lol

What are you even talking about? I never said you were “arguing against a fake trailer”
You were literally the first one to conflate both claims of fake footage and fake games that were never in development, after Ubisoft was brought up as an example of devs faking gameplay footage here:
Ubisoft made footage of fake games that were never in development?

When did they ever do that?

It seems you got yourself confused arguing with both of us.

Bumchum, are you serious? lol

What are you even talking about? I never said you were “arguing against a fake trailer”
You were literally the first one to conflate both claims of fake footage and fake games that were never in development, after Ubisoft was brought up as an example of devs faking gameplay footage here:

It seems you got yourself confused arguing with both of us.

Clearly, logical reasoning falls well outside of your grasp.

Top Bottom