• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony is teasing a game reveal on 4/19 "Will vengeance bring redemption?"

Alebrije

Offtopic :

A plan to play the GOW Collection : Ghost of Sparta - Chain of Olim. and then GOW 3...

Is any problem with that order? or should I play them in a different one?

Thanks...

In Topic :

If this game is a new GOW I really hope they bring a whole new story not related with the greeks , maybe Kratos could travel to other cultures looking how to get back his family..

Lots of people saying Kratos died so there can't be a fourth. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember Kratos dying in all the games (haven't played the PSP ones), never seemed to matter.

Digishine

Banned
Lots of people saying Kratos died so there can't be a fourth. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember Kratos dying in all the games (haven't played the PSP ones), never seemed to matter.

Actually he already died once and I don't think u can die twice..
Plus he's real body is still at the temple on cronos back

WallJump

Banned
I feel like this promo is everything wrong with the AAA industry. VENGEANCE? REDEMPTION? It's like a bad collection of sequel subtitles.

Looks like Red Dead X but I struggle to care I guess.

dummydecoy

Wasn't that Jaffe's original concept for the sequels? To go into every mythology and kill everything or something like that?

Boy, I'm really glad we didn't get Jaffe's concept then coz it sounds even more ridiculous than what we got.

Still, Kratos is the most badass-looking character ever!
xHW7Z.gif

MrPliskin

Banned
Wasn't that Jaffe's original concept for the sequels? To go into every mythology and kill everything or something like that?

Well, Jaffe had a lot of different ideas for where he would have liked to have seen it gone, as evidenced by the end vids in GoW1.

Ultimately, it'll be hard for Sony to ditch Kratos for fear of fan backlash. They'd have to do something really creative, like bring in the Norse gods at the end of 3, and Kratos taking a seat among them in Asgard or something, and getting emo for some other reason (maybe Loki is toying with his families souls?).

I'm skeptical though. I'm thinking this will be a prequel or something, and they'll somehow jam it right back into Greek Mythology and "play it safe".

Drencrom

I'm skeptical though. I'm thinking this will be a prequel or something, and they'll somehow jam it right back into Greek Mythology and "play it safe".

I don't think this will be a prequel, they already covered so much about Kratos past and what he did between the mainline games. I can't see why they should continue doing that, all the other mainline entries are sequels also.

"Will vengeance bring redemption?" sounds like it's about the aftermath of GoW 3 to me.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
God of War 4, hmm... Very Interesting

They can do the other gods route, by doing a "Take Over" lol

They can humanize Kratos, he still has powers but they're dwindling and all the enemies Kratos created (I mean come the fuck on) are after him

They can go the future route as seen by those drawings of a "Team", Helicopter, and Ancient Titan, use that as a jump off point, and show that Kratos lived on to do many more battles, and we get to relive them in some sort

I think I'm losing it

SmithnCo

They can go the future route as seen by those drawings of a "Team", Helicopter, and Ancient Titan, use that as a jump off point, and show that Kratos lived on to do many more battles, and we get to relive them in some sort

That's a cool idea. You could "follow" a Kratos story while playing as someone else. Or maybe it switches between the future and past to show how some things happened, like giant dead titans, etc.

I think they have to do something fresh like this, or a new mythology to keep it interesting. Besides, they've used all the big Greek mythology ideas already.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
That's a cool idea. You could "follow" a Kratos story while playing as someone else. Or maybe it switches between the future and past to show how some things happened, like giant dead titans, etc.

I think they have to do something fresh like this, or a new mythology to keep it interesting. Besides, they've used all the big Greek mythology ideas already.

Yeah, almost the "You're ARE The Controller, (sorry lol), Kratos"

Have future "Team" members do the puzzle aspect of the God of War series, which lead to clues or battles revisited, you learn more and more till the end

Twist at the end:

The whole team researching the Ancient Titan is a Descendant of Kratos Lineage, only one can survive... Choices! (Take that Color Coded Bioware)

HYDE

Banned
So
He's not dead? How is he not dead if you think he isn't dead, because I think he's dead

I hope they do a game for Deimos, they didn't explain shit in ghost of sparta.

I doubt they will since no one owned a PSP.

HYDE

Banned
Agreed, was a good game, even a great game at the time considering how early on in the generation it was.

Plenty of people want a sequel.

You're bat shit insane if you think it was a great game. Heavenly Sword is a steaming pile and doesn't even include a jump button. Absolute shit game.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Norse vs Greek mythology, the raging saga continues in the next installment of button mashers.

Eh... at this point, I'm only in it for the vistas and scale and production values. Kratos' RARRGGHHHHH I'm ANGRY bit is getting really stale, and GOW3 really made me dislike the character :l

jett

D-Member
Been replaying some GOW3, I think it's still the best looking game yet, two years later. It's just crazy what they achieved here.

Been replaying some GOW3, I think it's still the best looking game yet, two years later. It's just crazy what they achieved here.

I just replayed the beginning today after having not touch it for 2 years. Last time I played it was on an sdtv and it looks amazing now. Plus with all the stuff going on in the background and the camera movements, really impressive stuff.

Jtrizzy

You're bat shit insane if you think it was a great game. Heavenly Sword is a steaming pile and doesn't even include a jump button. Absolute shit game.

Agreed. HS and Lair were huge let downs for early PS3 only owners like myself, considering how few decent games there were at the time. Those were great times around here lol. Greg Miller at IGN gave Lair a 4.9, Gabe ripping Sony to shreds...Good times.

SRidge52

Banned
Have it set in current time like the GOW1 video where explorers find Crono's remains and the Temple Of Pandora. The big discovery is that Kratos' physical body is still there, impaled on the wall. Go one of two ways with this:

1. Have the explorers recover Kratos' body and clone him to make an army of 8 foot tall raging beasts. But the clones break free and destroy the whole fucking world, each of them thinking they're the real Kratos and still searching for Aries.

2. Somehow the body of Kratos comes back to life and utterly stomps the shits out of the explorers, leaves the Temple and attempts to create a new life for himself as a New York business man.

Eh... at this point, I'm only in it for the vistas and scale and production values. Kratos' RARRGGHHHHH I'm ANGRY bit is getting really stale, and GOW3 really made me dislike the character :l

Really? How did GOWIII make you hate Kratos?

It seems as if some of you aren't comfortable with the concept of an antihero. He's supposed to be morally shady and disagreeable, but humanized through having suffered some sort of tragedy. It's what makes him a tragic portagonist.

Without the more relatable side of him explored in GOWIII he'd just be a cheap one-dimensional villain.

BHK3

Banned
Have it set in current time like the GOW1 video where explorers find Crono's remains and the Temple Of Pandora. The big discovery is that Kratos' physical body is still there, impaled on the wall. Go one of two ways with this:

1. Have the explorers recover Kratos' body and clone him to make an army of 8 foot tall raging beasts. But the clones break free and destroy the whole fucking world, each of them thinking they're the real Kratos and still searching for Aries.

2. Somehow the body of Kratos comes back to life and utterly stomps the shits out of the explorers, leaves the Temple and attempts to create a new life for himself as a New York business man.

tycoonius0ok.jpg

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Boy, I'm really glad we didn't get Jaffe's concept then coz it sounds even more ridiculous than what we got.

Still, Kratos is the most badass-looking character ever!
xHW7Z.gif

I've always wondered why Kratos talks like those gangster/rappers from the ghetto who made it big in Hollywood's action shitflicks. Is the voicework done by a black man or by someone just pretending-to-be? Either way he sounds ridiculous, completely out of character for the way he looks.
Although even that wasn't enough to make me dislike GOW3.

Has it always been like that (just played half of GOW1 before gettin' bored, basically never played 2 -that's probably why I liked a lot GOW3 you'd all probably say- so I can't remember) or he actually sounded pretty cool and unique at first and then fallen more and more into ridiculousness game by game like Hayter's Solid Snake?
He sounds like he'd fit as one of Gears of War's characters (who I despise).

Loudninja

I've always wondered why Kratos talks like those gangster/rappers from the ghetto who made it big in Hollywood's action shitflicks. Is the voicework done by a black man or by someone just pretending-to-be? Either way he sounds ridiculous, completely out of character for the way he looks.

Has it always been like that (just played half of GOW1 before gettin' bored, basically never played 2 -that's probably why I liked a lot GOW3 you'd all probably say- so I can't remember) or he actually sounded pretty cool and unique at first and then fallen more and more into ridiculousness game by game like Hayter's Solid Snake?
What in the hell?

jett

D-Member

wat. LOL.

Kratos sounds like a complete badass, his voice has remained relatively unchanged since the first game. Yes he is voiced by a black voice actor, but I don't see how that matters.

...lol...

Dash Kappei

wat. LOL.

Kratos sounds like a complete badass, his voice has remained relatively unchanged since the first game. Yes he is voiced by a black voice actor, but I don't see how that matters.

I explained it in my post I think. He sounds like Ice-T or whatever but 1000x more caricatural.
I don't think such a voice fits the way he looks. I asked because I didn't know, it could have very well been a caucasian actor but either way I don't like that he talks like that and with an american (I should have specified) accent on top of that.

You can sound badass without sounding like Dom, I mean: opinions and tastes. I hate how everyone talks in the Gears of War series, so forced and juvenile, so like a a caricature to appeal teens. And to me Kratos talks like that, which in my opionion doesn't suit him and the mythology.

Strike

ihHseYlX4SE9i.gif

Dash Kappei

Dash Kappei
actually that racist
(Today, 11:31 PM)

WHAT THE FUCK?!

NO, just no.

Edit: I'd feel terrible if I came off that way. Please don't misinterpret thing. If needed, or if it helps, a mod can PM and ask for explanations. But that wasn't my intention at all, I'm disgusted by such an accusation since the last thing you could accuse me if of being a racist (living happily ina multi-coloured family :))
Edit2&3: PMed a mod who's online atm. Still think that was a terrible thing to say about me, Bloodrage. The way you extrapolate that quote makes it sound like I said gangster/rapper = black men, not cool at all, that's horrible. I'll go overboard and say that if a mod requires it I'm even willing to go as far as posting (to them privately) pics of me with my coloured fiancee and multi-coloured family. You can't throw around heavy stuff like that man, but maybe I'm not aware I've said something wrong and didn't express myself well.

Top Bottom