• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Liverpool 'Heist-style' game for PS4 concept art emerges

Shiloa

It will be the first time that a new Sony console will not launch with WipEout.

irqF2OXQ8IxnF.gif

PS2 only had Fusion which was released a year or more after launch of the PS2.

Oppo

EDIT: I hope Evolution are working on a WipeOut prequel, with lots of Studio Liverpool staff that have moved to Evolution

This is my hope as well. Evolution made some good racers in Motorstorm. Maybe they will take up the mantle.

Although, I think Fusion launched WELL into the PS2 life cycle, didn't it? I remember waiting forever for that game. And it was the worst Wipeout in the end.

Pikma

Banned
Looks awesome.

If it's a healthy mix of GTA and Uncharted with a Mission Impossible type heist set up then im in!

Especially if it's set in the UK!

You can't be "in", it's not happening, Studio Liverpool is dead.

:(

FoxSpirit

Those concept arts makes me want a Blade Runner/GTA type of game in the Wipeout universe.
If some of the next gen teasers are any indication, we actually will. Quite a few Cyberpunk projects teased/announced. Next gen will be glorious just for this.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
If some of the next gen teasers are any indication, we actually will. Quite a few Cyberpunk projects teased/announced. Next gen will be glorious just for this.
I think Cyberpunk is a safe bet. It might be a new setting but the setting will feature guns and guns are great if you ask publishers.

Ran rp

Allgamesbeta? Isn't that the site that constantly stole that one gaffer's Beyond Good & Evil 2 screenshots?

zoukka

It's a weird concept considering Kane and Lynch wasn't all that successful, Splinter Cell is almost dead and so is Hitman. Is there a demand for this genre? Can they compete with the only successful franchise that is Assassins Creed?

Fucking hell, why waste the best remaining arcade-racing team to something like this. Fucking AAA games and their homogenized genres. It's character based shooting/action or gtfo it seems.

Or I'm still just bitter over Wipeout. Goodnight sweet prince.

It's a weird concept considering Kane and Lynch wasn't all that successful, Splinter Cell is almost dead and so is Hitman. Is there a demand for this genre? Can they compete with the only successful franchise that is Assassins Creed?

Fucking hell, why waste the best remaining arcade-racing team to something like this. Fucking AAA games and their homogenized genres. It's character based shooting/action or gtfo it seems.

Or I'm still just bitter over Wipeout. Goodnight sweet prince.

There aren't many heist/crime games, period. I can only think of Payday, Kane & Lynch (sorta), and the upcoming GTA V.

A stealth crime game hasn't been done to my knowledge, if that's what this was.

I dunno, the art looks cool, I would have totally bought a game like this. I love heists.

daveo42

Banned
PSY・S;54483276 said:
Dat bump. I thought there was an update on Liverpool or something.

First thing I thought of was "this is old news." Then right to "OMG is it actually gonna happen?!"

dat bump indeed.

Top Bottom