• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Paris Games Week Conference 2015 Thread

Ferr986

And yet the PS4 has an amazing start to 2016, so who cares?

Seriously, we're getting...

The Witness
Street Fighter V
Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
Firewatch
Digimon World: Cyber Sleuth
Gravity Rush: Remastered
Deus Ex: Human Divided
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

...all in the first three months. And I'm probably forgetting a load of stuff.

The Division
Hitman
Far Cry Primal
Dishonored 2
Doom

And Dark Souls 3

Maybe the game simply isn't for you?
Media Molecule is a Sony Studio, the fact they are not working on infinite sequels of LBP and have been given the freedom to explore new and different things is a plus for them, not a negative. It means Sony believes in them.
Tearaway is a great game and that should be all it matters for a gamer, it hasn't sold well because it's not what the mass market wants to play these days unless you're called Nintendo and even they are struggling.
Dream is a very particular and interesting title, it has an amazing potential, of course it's not for everyone.

This. Plus extrapolating from what people made with LPB, imagining the creations that they'll be able to make with full 3D is crazy, if they've truly made the tools as good as they've been showing/implying.

Necron

Horizon, Wild and Detroit were amazing. David Cage delivered the emotions. Great way to end the press conference and very happy that the Kara tech demo got turned into a game.

Luke_Wal

Here's a weird question for you guys: we now have announced titles from most of WWS, and the majority seem to be 2016 games. Would you rather hear about SSM and Bend at PSX, or get more details on the 2016 games there and get the Bend/SSM announcements at E3, closer to their actual release?

eerik9000

Watched it live and then re-watched it with GameTrailers commentary. Probably my least favourite Sony pressers of the big three this year.

Jim Ryan listing half a dozen games released this year with long pause and clapping between each was tedious.

Fake rehearsed Q&A with Gran Turismo director was also bad. I love when game creators are on stage and talk about their games, but it could have been just the guy talking about GT Sport w/o Jim Ryan.

As someone who does not give a flying fuck about COD and Battlefront, while I understand these are huge deals for Sony, I'm sick of seeing these two at every Sony conference.

VR talk was also a bit too long, but I get it, they need to push it. Poor Shu, always have to do the dirty work.

Now onto the good stuff:
1. WiLD - I want it!
2. Dreams - I want it!
3. Horizon: Zero Dawn - I want it!
4. Gravity Rush 2 - I want it!

These four are enough to please me. Not to mention Ratchet & Clank, Detroit, Driveclub Bikes, etc.

But I really have to wonder, where the fuck is Rime? Is it really TLG all over again?

Five weeks until PSX, baby!

sora87

Why should it be out now?

Plenty of games are still not out that was announced a long time ago.

None of those games should have been announced so early either then.
Games like Rime really don't need 2 years build up, tbh it kinda hurts them.
"Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that game and now I'm playing this, oh well"

Elios83

Here's a weird question for you guys: we now have announced titles from most of WWS, and the majority seem to be 2016 games. Would you rather hear about SSM and Bend at PSX, or get more details on the 2016 games there and get the Bend/SSM announcements at E3, closer to their actual release?

Uncharted 4, Ratchet&Clank, No Man's Sky, Horizon, The Last Guardian, Gravity Rush 2, New Hot Shot Golf, Gran Turismo Sport beta(full game as well?)= 2016

God of War 4, Detroit, Wild, Dreams (full game) = 2017

Still MIA = Bend and Sucker Punch new IPs (both should be premiered at PSX among with GOW4), Level 5 RPG.

This is the for games that have already been confirmed to exist.

hesido

Indeed. A game should be announced at most a year prior to launch.

And Dreams. Dreams Beta is 2016. They they phrased it "cleanly" could well mean the game could launch at 2017. Hope they get it in time by the end of 2016.

Watched it live and then re-watched it with GameTrailers commentary. Probably my least favourite Sony pressers of the big three this year.

Jim Ryan listing half a dozen games released this year with long pause and clapping between each was tedious.

Fake rehearsed Q&A with Gran Turismo director was also bad. I love when game creators are on stage and talk about their games, but it could have been just the guy talking about GT Sport w/o Jim Ryan.

As someone who does not give a flying fuck about COD and Battlefront, while I understand these are huge deals for Sony, I'm sick of seeing these two at every Sony conference.

VR talk was also a bit too long, but I get it, they need to push it. Poor Shu, always have to do the dirty work.

Now onto the good stuff:
1. WiLD - I want it!
2. Dreams - I want it!
3. Horizon: Zero Dawn - I want it!
4. Gravity Rush 2 - I want it!

These four are enough to please me. Not to mention Ratchet & Clank, Detroit, Driveclub Bikes, etc.

But I really have to wonder, where the fuck is Rime? Is it really TLG all over again?

Five weeks until PSX, baby!

I agree with every single thing written in this post.

I was pretty down on this until the end. Overall, I am pretty happy with the content.

Wild looks like a pretty unique experience and I think the gameplay has a lot of potential. I also love the art and visuals.

Detroit - I've played and enjoyed previous QD games so will very likely pick this up.

Dreams - Looks absolutely incredible. Really love what they are doing with this.

Gravity Rush 2 - Incredible as always

Uncharted MP - Looks crazy. Don't play MP these days, but I like the look of this.

Boundless - Looks v. cool.

R&C - still looks great and never actually played the first game.

Horizon - New footage was unexpected, so quite pleased with this.

Battlefront - not getting this because it is MP only, but this look really damn impressive.

Robinson - Looks too good to be representative of the game. Still crytek.

Matterfal - I thought that was actually in game footage for second and was like...this is next level. Interested in the concept but not to chuffed with CG.

Edith Finch - looked creepy and cool

All in all pretty pleased with the stuff they showed.

stryke

Good amount of content. I don't care as much about it as other people but it was clear SCEE's showmanship isn't as on point as SCEA.

nynt9

Rime is an indie game, and I presume that its development took longer than expected, as indie studios have little resources and can often require more time than the devs anticipate.

Loudninja

You think all these devs knew how long the game will take when they announced it?

Stuff changes all the time.

mreddie

Thought it was ok, Dreams lagged on and the audience was similar to RAWs Green Bay audience. But it delivered in a lot of places.

Hope PSX goes all out though.

eFKac

It's Shahid who struck the deal with Crytek.

Props, it looks good and should push some hardware. Launches need flashy games. Hopefully it will be good too.

So yeah, lowering my score to 7/10 for the conference. Really didn't deliver on presentation and pacing and stuff, but still had a lot of great content.

And that's really the good thing, bad delivery, but honestly, some of these exclusives have huge potential to not just diversity PS4's lineup, but to be breakthrough games. I'm really beginning to buy into VR now. Dreams looks full of potential, basically a 3D LBP. SFV is coming sooner than I expected and after the beta, well, safe to say It's going to be my crack for a while. Alienation, ND trying new stuff with MP in UC4, Gran Truismo trying to reinvent the wheel. Wild, Gravity Rush 2, DriveClub: Bikes all just look incredible. I've said it before, but if you aren't into getting EVERY SINGLE highly rated exclusives, and really only need one console to get you through the gen, PS4 is beginning to be a very hard argument against picking it up over something else. The diversity in the game lineup is really taking form.

Downside, it doesn't really start this year exclusive wise, but the more groups of people pick up PS4, it won't matter, because you'll want to play COD/Battlefront/Fallout/Destiny on the console your peers have. I get why MS is focusing on Live subs, this one is starting to look over. Can't wait for SFV, SIM looks SICK!

jjonez18

Guess PS1/PS2 classics is a PSX type of announcement. You know, "For the Players/Fans". Rime MIA. No Man's Sky delayed. Overall the conference was meh. GT and Uncharted multiplayer were my biggest takeaways.

Although Detroit had an awsome reveal, David Cage games aren't for me. Wild was cool too. Dreams too, but I'd like to see where the community takes it before I buy in.

Just rewatched the conference for the parts that I missed out, and I've gotta say, it's not as bad as some people are making it out to be; you'd think it was Sony's E3 2014 or something (which wasn't even that bad to begin with). The pacing was great, there was a constant delivery of games, and the content was fantastic too - and we can expect much more at PSX.

The only thing that did disappoint me however is the lack of PS1/2 classics, which is even more weird considering the Star Wars Classic games coming out on PSN in three* weeks.
AND RIME GOD DAMN IT!

Either way, I enjoyed what they showed. Some really neat new content. Particularly Dreams which answered many of my questions.

The only thing that did disappoint me however is the lack of PS1/2 classics, which is even more weird considering the Star Wars Classic games coming out on PSN in two weeks.
AND RIME GOD DAMN IT!

3 weeks I think for Battlefront, but do we know for sure that those classics are gonna be available day and date with the game or are they just vouchers which could get the games later?

Guess PS1/PS2 classics is a PSX type of announcement. You know, "For the Players/Fans". Rime MIA. No Man's Sky delayed. Overall the conference was meh. GT and Uncharted multiplayer were my biggest takeaways.

How can No Man's Sky be delayed if it never had a release date before?

Content was great. I'll be getting at least half-dozen of the games we saw today.

But man, presentation could be so much better. They should be treating these conferences like a Vegas show.

klee123

Not a bad conference at all considering the focus on first party stuff.

That said, for my tastes in games. It still goes like this so far this year

TGS > E3 > PGW.

Still have one more conference.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Well that was seriously underwhelming. Harada being in SFV was my highlight. Gravity Rush 2 was cool as expected though, and Dream and Wild looked interesting.

Yrael

Dreams, Horizon Zero Dawn and WiLD were the highlights for me. What Remains of Edith Finch, Gravity Rush 2 and Boundless are also interesting.

So do we know what this Detroit game is actually about? Or rather, what kind of game it is?

just like all David Cage games, it will be an interactive cinematic game. Where you either perform certain actions on the joypads to make something happen or hit buttons at specific moments or whatever.

Or if you've played Until Dawn, its like that.

Uncharted 4, Ratchet&Clank, No Man's Sky, Horizon, The Last Guardian, Gravity Rush 2, New Hot Shot Golf, Gran Turismo Sport beta(full game as well?)= 2016

God of War 4, Detroit, Wild, Dreams (full game) = 2017

Still MIA = Bend and Sucker Punch new IPs (both should be premiered at PSX among with GOW4), Level 5 RPG.

This is the for games that have already been confirmed to exist.

I think Sucker Punch's next game won't be revealed until E3 2016. Too much of a log jam for them to stand out until then. By E3 next year we'll be done hearing about Uncharted 4, Street Fighter 5, Ratchet and Clank, and hopefully No Man's Sky.

Stike

wtf is this?

when did this game become a side scroller? hype gone

SotB has always been a side scroller. The new game is "2.5D". Nothing changed.

And the trailer is glorious. They NAILED the look of the original game. I just dislike the blood on the screen, but thats nitpicking...

3 weeks I think for Battlefront, but do we know for sure that those classics are gonna be available day and date with the game or are they just vouchers which could get the games later?

Ah thanks corrected, and actually good point regarding the vouchers thing. Never thought of that.

wtf is this?

when did this game become a side scroller? hype gone

Since the originals which were also 2D IIRC.

I think this conference was okay, but it suffered from a lack of rapid fire game announces as we have had at most recent Sony events.

The last two E3's, PSX, last year's Gamescom, and this years TGS all seemed to have entire sequences of non-stop reveals, while this show didn't seem to have that or even much direction or structure to the set up.

Even from the start, with the bizarrely muted celebration of the PS1 anniversary followed by a statement about not getting in to nostalgia, which was then followed by a bunch of long running series and old IPs. It made the whole thing felt a bit like a mid-tier show with a lot of content that could have just been blog posts, which seems odd for a show that they tried to move away from E3.

Mostly I am confused because I don't think that the stuff revealed in this conference would have been any more or less impressive at Gamescom.

Top Bottom