• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony : Paris Games Week press conference dated

Dredd97

I'm half expecting an infamous remaster + all DLC...
(ok this is what I'd like even though it isn't happening.....probably)...

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops

Dinjooh

yeah really, i mean what the hell can even top ff7+shenmue+tlg ?
not even half life 3 by itself will be that big.

maybe like kotor 3+hl3+ megaman legends ps4 + demon souls 2+ chrono 3

jesus christ , im thinking of all the big franchises and half of them are already announced...

Zoetis comment was that SCEs offering was going to be greater than at E3, which isn't that far fetched.

Not only you: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1068242

Before you lol, and by all means lol as much as you want, be aware of what exactly you lol about: The claim that SCE will have a better showing at this conf than the other conf.

Exactly.

R&R

I think there might be some minor stuff also in the conf, like new controller colors etc. Didn't they show some new colors for Japan some time ago? Might be coming to Europe later...

bryanee

We already know that the Dreams presentation will be bigger here than at E3, so that's one down. (lol)

The original reveal of something will always be bigger than what they show afterwards. The shock and excitement of seeing something for the first time cant be topped.

E3 2015 will not be topped. The Last Guardian, Shenmue, FF7, Horizon, Dreams, UC4 and everything else. I just don't see how any conference this year or next could top it.

Zoetis

Banned
The original reveal of something will always be bigger than what they show afterwards. The shock and excitement of seeing something for the first time cant be topped.

E3 2015 will not be topped. The Last Guardian, Shenmue, FF7, Horizon, Dreams, UC4 and everything else. I just don't see how any conference this year or next could top it.

wasn't tlg, uc4 announced before e3 2015 ?

and if you take out all those hyperbolicnostalgia 10 year dev time games out of your list you got basicly nothing left IMO.

Horizon is 1 and dreams is 2, but who cares about dreams when you have nostalgia getting the big piece of the pie.

i'm confused do neogaf care about 1st party games or nostalgia ?

and if you take out all those hyperbolicnostalgia 10 year dev time games out of your list you got basicly nothing left IMO.

Horizon is 1 and dreams is 2, but who cares about dreams when you have nostalgia getting the big piece of the pie.

It's both.

weekev

Banned
This could be a minor thing but has anyone pointed out its also the day that they tend to announce the PS+ games? Any chance of a free game surprise?

bombshell

We're only talking first party here.

Is zoetis hinting Crash ?

He's talking about FFVII remake, Shenmue 3 (and TLG) nostalgia overshadowing first party games like Dreams, where he's saying that first party will be in focus now at PGW.

eerik9000

E3 didn't even happen because its happening was announced before it happened.

Yeah i would rather see first party games which are coming out in the next 12-18 months at PGW

They have PSX still if they want to do the big "megaton" announcements again

DKHF

• Gran Turismo 7
  • Bend's New IP
  • Dreams trailer + info blowout
  • New Horizon trailer/footage
  • Uncharted 4 multiplayer trailer
I can see how that could be considered bigger than E3 in terms of the first parties.

I don't think we're gonna see GT and Bend. This will be European focused, with an exception for UC4, as the beta will release soon.

PSX is a better bet for games like GT and GoW.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I don't think we're gonna see GT and Bend. This will be European focused, with an exception for UC4, as the beta will release soon.

Oh right. The Europeans hate racing games and the American audience loves them.

Maybe SSM surprises us with another deal between Sony and Capcom and they licensed the Onimusha rights and bring it back as GoW4.

Yeah, I really love Onimusha and will never understand why there are no more games :/

foxbeldin

Oh right. The Europeans hate racing games and the American audience loves them.

sarcasm-detector-2.gif

DKHF

I agree about GoW and Bend but I think there's a decent chance of GT7 being revealed at this if not its own event.

delSai

Maybe SSM surprises us with another deal between Sony and Capcom and they licensed the Onimusha rights and bring it back as GoW4.

Yeah, I really love Onimusha and will never understand why there are no more games :/

I'm not a fan of GoW, but i hope that the next game takes place in Egypt. Underused setting.
As for Onimusha, maybe keep an eye on Ni-Oh.
And i'm sure Sony teams up with Capcom a few more times, getting their own "Capcom 5". And one of those games better be Rival Schools.

photogaz

I'm struggling to see them announce too many titles as they have to save some for PSX or E3 next year.

I think it'll be:

PGW - Exclusive 3rd party title,Quantic Dream

PSX - GT7

E3 - Sony Bend, God of War 4, Sucker Punch

Announcements are king for me at press conferences. As much as I love stuff like UC4 E3 footage and stuff, I always gravitate to Gamescom and TGS for Sony pressers because there's where a lot of games are announced every year.

So do most gaffers here believe QD's new game is basically the Kara demo or something more left field?

I know we got that "Singularity" domain registration but I cant remember if it was for Quantic.

Great, I can look forward to some Driveclub stuff then at least if GT7 isn't announced.

Has Verendus said anything about PGW?

The biggest thing I believe he's said is that there are three first party reveals left over the next two events.

Edit: More specifically, he said out of seven games, Horizon, TLG, Dreams and Gravity Rush 2 were announced, leaving three for the next two events.

Top Bottom