• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Patents Awarding Trophies via Emulation for Older Games

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Yeah, even if they'll somehow manage to make PS3 emulation work on PS5 (it'll take a crap ton of work to make it possible and work great), I don't think they'll make the whole library of PS3 games available on PSN and I just don't see myself buying digital versions of MGS games for example, cuz I'd much rather have an option to use physical versions and for PS5 to make them work with emulation software somehow.

93xfan

Banned
Feels like a difficult thing to achieve without interfering with the original code in any way. Or at least heavily modifying the emulation software.

Didn’t they try this exact same thing with PS2 games on the PS4? And I remember it being said it was a time-consuming process that resulted in less games being released

JSoup

Banned
Didn’t they try this exact same thing with PS2 games on the PS4? And I remember it being said it was a time-consuming process that resulted in less games being released

Yes, this is the same patent for the PS2 to PS4 releases. This will be the second time they've renewed it since first filing in 2013. A few devs have confirmed again that this is the same one, just like the last time in 2017.

Top Bottom