• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Patents Emotion Detecting Software For Games

I think I remember Sony teaming up with Toyota or something and created a Car that expresses the drivers emotions through big LED Lights (i.e. glowing red lights represented anger). I forgot what that car was called but its nice to see they are applying the same technology.

Raist said:
if1o29.jpg

You sir, are a genius. :lol

Even though I very highly doubt it, with it only being a patent, I really hope this is the latest of the Sony slip up rumors that end up being big and actually true.

Saying that, wasn't the Sony Motion Controller patent the only peice of information that came out for that peice of hardware? If so, this could possibly be real and a product in the not to distant future too.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah, I hope I'm not out of line, but pretty much the best part of any "crazy patent" thread is the image edits that come with it. :lol

I don't get the one just above here with the rough people outlines, though. What's the original image for that?

Blizzard said:
Yeah, I hope I'm not out of line, but pretty much the best part of any "crazy patent" thread is the image edits that come with it. :lol

I don't get the one just above here with the rough people outlines, though. What's the original image for that?

It's from Final Fantasy X. A particularly infamous scene where the leads laugh.

Anyways, I hope the Sony version at least allows for rampant paedophilia. For the laughs.

What gets me is, they could have literally chosen anything to be the 'funny' image on the TV, yet what they did choose is totally batshit insane. Sony are freaking mental. :lol

imail

what makes me sad is that consoles this generation are trying so hard to copy each other.

THE PICS WERE EPIC THOUGH...:lol :lol :lol :lol

If somebody could photoshop the face of the freakout guy onto the tv figure and put remotes in place of the shoes then this would be a work of art.

Schrade

Terrordactyl said:
Eyepetz is the new Milo...or is it the other way around?
Other way around. Eyepetz has been around longer than Milo (at least publicly).

Sony also had the camera Natal is using and experimented with it in the PS2 days. So Microsoft is just slumming in Sony's footsteps.

This emotion detecting software seems interesting.

HAHA at all the images in this thread. The FFX laughing scene got me laughing good. xD

Gotta admit, that pic did have me laughing, but WTF is up with the NSFW penis shop, and people quoting it?

Anyone else notice that the foot wheel rotates the wrong way?

Ramenman

George Claw M.D. said:
Gotta admit, that pic did have me laughing, but WTF is up with the NSFW penis shop, and people quoting it?

Anyone else notice that the foot wheel rotates the wrong way?

GODDAMN, it does D:

SamBishop

Banned
mavs said:
Oh..what the fuck?

Um, would you like a boot slipping betwixt your cheeks? No, I think not. Even a virtual boot lodging itself in someone's balls wouldn't make me laugh. I would just cringe and turn away, clearly not the emotion this thing is going for.

For what it's worth, this is at the very least interesting to me. It sounds like something that came out of the concept for EyeDentify, which would have overloaded the system with my laughter.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
135 posts and still no Lips guy photoshop. Sometimes you disappoint me gaf.

Is that arrow showing the movement of the shoes going in the wrong direction? It looks like it's going counter-clockwise. The guy isn't getting his ass kicked, he's getting it stepped on.

Edit: Beaten.

Top Bottom