• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: PS Store back by the end of this week for everyone except Japan, HK, and Korea

Aru said:
Will it stay in my account until I buy the game ?

It's stay on your account forever. You should just be able to look at transaction history after the store is up and indicate it should download. I did this with my MK online pass trying to circumvent the store, but since the store wasn't up, i couldn't download.

That's providing the website wasn't under maintenance. :(

Baha

Kaizer said:
If you have accounts for different regions, you can choose games from that PSN Store as well right?

Assuming they don't region lock the stores, you should be able to.

I look forward to the PSN Store reopening, even though I won't have the money to immediately go on a spending spree. Hopefully Sony can get on the ball with the Japanese government so they can open the store in that region as well; I actually have money in my Japanese account.

androvsky

Kaizer said:
If you have accounts for different regions, you can choose games from that PSN Store as well right?
We don't know. There's a chance the Welcome Back games will be IP-locked, but the free month of PS+ probably will be okay.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Wario64 said:
Since PSN Store hasn't been updated in a month, I expect an extra long episode of Pulse

Yesssss!

We better get the 'lost episodes' as well, I need to make sure my Pulse Folder has nothing missing.

DiscoJer

It's interesting that Me Monstar, which was supposed to be released on May the 5th I believe, has been moved back to July.

I wonder if any other games got bumped back that far? (Or maybe they did it voluntarily?)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Good, I will pass the word along to the friends I have who aren't in the know. They all have LA Noire too so they are waiting to redeem them codes and of course, to get them free games.

Bigfoot

androvsky said:
We don't know. There's a chance the Welcome Back games will be IP-locked, but the free month of PS+ probably will be okay.
Does anyone know if we can game share the Welcome Back games? I assume you can since these games are normally game shared if you buy them...

alstein

kiryogi said:
Finally.. AH3, Valkenhayn, Platnium for me! YES!

I don't think they'll have Platinum and BBCS2 out tomorrow, unless they said something. There's still a backlog of stuff. Might take a week or two I think.

I'll probably give the game another chance when that comes out.

swerve

JetBlackPanda said:
so any word if this is happening tomorrow for reals?

There has been no notice to the contrary. So, let's presume so.

But you have to wait one more week to get 'The 2D Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character'. Just one more week!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
DangerousDave said:
Still, strange that there isn't any official announcement, 24 hours before.

If they don't announce it, they can miss the date and most people won't be that upset.

alstein said:
I don't think they'll have Platinum and BBCS2 out tomorrow, unless they said something. There's still a backlog of stuff. Might take a week or two I think.

The BBCS2 patch itself came out last week, we're just waiting for Platinum to be up for sale.

alstein said:

Just for the record, CSII is the 1.4 patch which is already available through the standard game patching process. As for Platinum who knows.

edit: woo redundancy

fernoca

Posted this in the "welcome back thread" a few days ago...basically, Sony already added the 60+ days (2 months they said, plus an extra month for the down time) to current Plus subscribers on Friday May 20th. More reason to assume things will be back this week, as it wouldn't make sense to add the Plus-extension and not have the Store back till another week.

fernoca said:
Hmm, seems things might be back this Tuesday.
Checking the Qriocity website, seems they're already depositing PS Plus subscriptions.

Mine was a 3-Month subscription I purchased in February 2nd, that was going to expire on May 5th.

But according to Qriocity and the same PS3 (Services List) an extra 3-months subscription was just purchased on May 20, extending it till July 18. Since current Plus subscription were getting an extra 60-days (2 months) guess they just rounded the 25-ish days it was down and added an extra month.

i8Pmd.png

m8AKV.png

Kunan

They really should have spread this over at least another week or 2. A lot is going to be left in the dust with this sudden push, not even to mention that people are going to be more wary and not be up for purchasing twice the content.

dock

I noticed that PSP got a new firmware update which is available now, presumably setting it up for store relaunch.

DCharlie

Banned
it's 24th May , evening time here in Japan.

i'm going to guess that the lack of ticker tape and dancing bands means we are still down and Sony haven't bothered to update us?

Nope,

PlayStation Network will undergo routine maintenance today, between 16:00 BST and 00:00 BST. If you wish to play online during the maintenance, please ensure you sign in to PSN before 16:00.

The latest information I have on PlayStation Store is that we are aiming to have it live by the end of May. Contrary to popular rumours, it will not be reopening tomorrow but we will let you know here as soon as the date is confirmed.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused by this essential maintenance.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/05/24/playstation-network-maintenance-later-today/

:/

Unless Sony really has something to "wow" met at E3, I might just move on. Barely play games nowadays as it is. Ridiculous that the store has been down for so long :/

No Store today.

Speedymaniac beat me to it.... :/

I'm just going to hold off on console gaming till after E3. Going back thru the half life series on PC is more satisfying at the moment.

daffy

Banned
SykoTech said:
Did they really have to until the last minute before saying that it won't be up on the 24th? What a hype killer.
They never told us it would be up. It was just a rumor, they don't respond to that sort of stuff.

You should be blaming the site responsible for the rumor. Gamasutra???

[Nintex]

FTH said:
They never told us it would be up. It was just a rumor, they don't respond to that sort of stuff.

You should be blaming the site responsible for the rumor. Kotaku???
Didn't they tell the devs that they expected it to be up on that date?

FTH said:

It wasn't a rumor. It was the date Sony gave to developers/publishers.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Fucking hell i just want my psn games and dlc back, why did my fucking ps3 have to die when psn was down

this sucks monkeyballs

RPGCrazied

Wow. I've had this PSN card for over a month now. I made sure I have it in a spot I wouldn't forget, or I would have. Glad these things don't expire.

Hanmik

Tiduz said:
Fucking hell i just want my psn games and dlc back, why did my fucking ps3 have to die when psn was down

this sucks monkeyballs

ohhh so you PS3 also died during PSN downtime..? .. I miss my games too.. I went out and bought a new Slimmer PS3 last month.. and still cannot acces the games I bought years ago..

FTH said:

But they just did... I mean its like 3 posts above yours

Top Bottom