• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony PSN Hacked [Major Update In OP, Stolen Info Detailed, Partly Up Within A Week]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevelyon

alr1ghtstart said:
PlayStation Network Down: Financial Impact to Sony Minimal

lol Pachter.

But I guess for all the loony tunes who want nothing more than the complete ruination of the Playstation sector, they'll have to wait another day.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Silly Maxconsole getting duped into trolls once again.

I hope when PSN comes back up they finally let you change your name. Maybe they can implement some of the things players voted to the top 5 on their blog.

Sullichin

FFS, if you follow any of the links to the free credit card score services on that blog post, DO NOT sign up for credit monitoring, it's probably checked off by default and they'll charge you like $15 a month.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
"Although we are still investigating the details of this incident, we believe that an unauthorized person has obtained the following information that you provided: name, address (city, state, zip), country, email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity password and login, and handle/PSN online ID. It is also possible that your profile data, including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip), and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers may have been obtained. If you have authorized a sub-account for your dependent, the same data with respect to your dependent may have been obtained. While there is no evidence at this time that credit card data was taken, we cannot rule out the possibility. If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, out of an abundance of caution we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained."

holy shat. Thats still really bad

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/26/update-on-playstation-network-and-qriocity/

Are you effing kidding me.

Hanmik

Wtf happened to the post on the danish Playstation facebook site...? It is gone after an hour. Maybe they were to fast out with the news of the mails from sony regarding psn downtime.

bob page

Although we are still investigating the details of this incident, we believe that an unauthorized person has obtained the following information that you provided: name, address (city, state, zip), country, email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity password and login, and handle/PSN online ID. It is also possible that your profile data, including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip), and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers may have been obtained.
FANTASTIC.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Nice of them to update, but there really isn't anything new there. Why do they keep mentioning Qriocity, though, no one gives a shit about Qriocity lol.

Trevelyon

AbandonThread.gif

Man

2) Engaged an outside, recognized security firm to conduct a full and complete investigation into what happened; and
3) Quickly taken steps to enhance security and strengthen our network infrastructure by re-building our system to provide you with greater protection of your personal information.

So which firm is this.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It is a bit troubling to think my personal info could be floating around the web like that. Anyone could take control of my account, not only with my CC details, but with the hundreds - maybe even a thousand - dollars worth of content. I guess I should play it safe and keep that bitch offline for awhile, even after it goes back up, just to be safe.

I'm fed up with this werld.

KiKaL

If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, out of an abundance of caution we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained.

Whaaa?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Now if you spent a crapload on psn they know where you live... this could get bad.
If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, out of an abundance of caution we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained.

wow.... this is beyond insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom