• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SONY set to JUNK status

Shayan

Banned
I'm an analyst for one of the world's top banks.

I am an IA for one of the biggest broker houses too

LOL. This is embarrassing now. Stop.

Seems like you're your knowledge is limited to a high school intro accounting class.
Total Assets is NOT how you judge a companies value.

junior, during these volatile times , you arrive at your purchase decision based on FA, TA , MC and your own due diligence

Maxim726X

I wont respond to you any further since had you really understood anything then you would have known that Apple lost 30% of its MC in the last few months and currently at most broker houses, AAPL requirements are at 40% as opposed to 30% (for non OTC stock , if t trades over 5$ at NASDAQ/NYSE, you usually need only a 30% margin requirement at all broker houses in NA). Most trade analysts consider AAPL as a very volatile stock. In the balance sheet any future investment is coded as a liability. It is not worth arguing since you dont know

Try knowing before responding .

So basically you can't answer my question... Because all I see here is deflection and BS. We're not talking about Apple, we're talking about Sony. We're talking about the fact that for every dollar of assets they have 87 cents of outstanding liability.

That matters. That's why their stock was downgraded... But I guess they're just out to get Sony! Everything is good. You know more than them, of course. Silly me.

Shayan

Banned
Cool is it one of the ones that crashed and burned due to incompetent investors? MC is just one indicator of success relying on it solely is idiotic.

I have a hard time believing that. If any analyst of any major bank ever says that MC is the most important factor in your purchase decision , i would stop posting here forever

The ones at major NA banks are very knowledgeable and would never say something like that. I work for the brokerage arm of one of the biggest NA banks too

To value a company. Where did I say anything about success or otherwise? Reading comprehension ftw...

Which licenses do you have man ? Value a company? I could have a company with 50% in escrowed shares and just 10% float. MC is based on float*stock price

I am an IA for one of the biggest broker houses too

junior, during these volatile times , you arrive at your purchase decision based on FA, TA , MC and your own due diligence

The problem with you analysis is you were trying to spin it to make Sony look strong because they have 168B in assets? That's even less meaningful than market cap.

Maxim726X

I didn't agree with that the whole balance sheet is important. But liabilities themselves are not bad.

They are when we're talking about Sony, seeing as over 50% of their capital structure is now debt.

Quoting one without quoting the other is just idiotic. There's no nice way to put it

Hex

Banned
Does this mean buying a PS4 could be a bad move? Since Sony could die out and run out of juice mid life-cycle?

Have people just because some asshat necro bumped this thread completely forgotten and ignored the thread that Sony will be profitable starting in 2014?

Wereroku

They are when we're talking about Sony, seeing as over 50% of their capital structure is now debt.

Quoting one without quoting the other is just idiotic. There's no nice way to put it
I agree but a recovering company is going to have high liabilities. But yeah didn't mean to imply i agreed with the guy. Sony is in a tough spot but are by no means dead.

Maxim726X

I agree but a recovering company is going to have high liabilities. But yeah didn't mean to imply i agreed with the guy. Sony is in a tough spot but are by no means dead.

True, they aren't dead. Problem with them is that they have their hands in everything and really at this point don't excel at much anymore.

Their liabilities ARE an issue, though.

these last 2 pages:

tCp90.gif

and i don't understand shit lol

If you believe they'll turn it round then now's the time.

Personally I don't see the PS4 saving them, even though it needs to given their other products are all so ordinary. Judging by Vita, they don't seem to know what's up anymore. PS4 will probably be another expensive and lumbering beast, with fewer fans behind it than the PS3.

On the other hand if Sony goes bankrupt its the stockholders who will be last in line for any compensation.

kuroshiki

Just restructure and sell some of the brands. Gaming and movies are the only divisions they need.

?

Sony finance and Sony optic (camera, TV broadcast equipment and med equipment) actually are very profitable. It is their consumer electronics division that are suffering.

Top Bottom