• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Specs Hangover - Brad Sams

Dabaus

Banned
Wow its really called sony specs hang over, I thought the OP was just trolling. I stand by what I said, MS is shook. They are sending out controlled leaks now. Making absurd claims like the next halo has a 500 million dollar budget. Just take a step back and think how insane that is.

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
Brad Sams is something you scrape off your shoe. He's as obnoxious as his insufferable "boss" Paul Thurrott.

I'd rather listen to Timdog for impartial reporting than that imbecile.

Wow its really called sony specs hang over, I thought the OP was just trolling. I stand by what I said, MS is shook. They are sending out controlled leaks now. Making absurd claims like the next halo has a 500 million dollar budget. Just take a step back and think how insane that is.
Lmao, why the fuck would Microsoft be shook? You seriously expect Microsoft to give Sony the power advantage once again?

Why would they be shook? Because its a 42-43 million vs almost 100 million score right now and no end in sight.
Okay, but what does that have to do with the video? If that was what you were referring to, why is it in this thread talking about next-generation consoles’ power?

Last edited:

Dontero

Banned
I can't watch the video, can someone make some highlight?

He is saying what other 100 people said.
Sony announcement is ankward and doesn't make a sense.

Basically imagine Steve Jobs announcing Iphone in interview with daily mail and with barely any details.
Which is why i think it is them panicking because they learned MS will actually be on E3 showing next gen console while they didn't plan for that that early.

xStoyax

Banned
He literally says Sony didn't reveal much of anything and tries to downplay Sony for not revealing any specs

Then within 2 mins he says they've offered Microsoft a runway to now say here's most of our specs and acts like its a win for Microsoft.

That's how you know you're dealing with a fanboy

Vasto

Remember Microsoft will have 2 consoles. 1 will be the most powerful console but will also be the most expensive the other will be at the same level of PS5 but will also be cheaper!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

This is all starting to seem very, odd.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I agree with what he said. However, I don’t think it will be at the same level of the PS5. I’m going to say I think it’s less powerful than PS5 but more powerful than X.

The most recent rumor is that it has the same CPU as the higher end kit, but at 4TF.

If that’s the case it’s going to hold third-party games back with the lowest common denominator (This case almost 3 times lower) and not take full odvantage of the higher specced systems of the PS5 and high spec Xbox like they would if they were built from the ground up on them as the baseline.

If true, not fan of that strategy for that very reason in the console arena.

Last edited:

DanielsM

Banned
Everything from that site or windowcentral has to be taken with a bucket of salt. They are trying to sell microsoft ads/products or associated products and many times get special treatment. They will always tell you all the microsoft consumer products are great, than as they are shut down they will claim over and over microsoft hasn't abandoned them. As far as a Xbox console, they will always have the most powerful console going forward its called Windows OS.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
MS at E3
giphy.gif

The most recent rumor is that it has the same CPU as the higher end kit, but at 4TF.

If that’s the case it’s going to hold third-party games back with the lowest common denominator (This case almost 3 times lower) and not take full odvantage of the higher specced systems of the PS5 and high spec Xbox like they would if they were built from the ground up on them as the baseline.

If true, not fan of that strategy for that very reason in the console arena.
What’s the source of that rumor? There’s no way Lockhart is going to be less powerful than X. Like seriously, no fucking way.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
What do you think they are afraid of exactly? Not like they have anything to loose to be fearful of.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I am interested in seeing it, though I don’t buy that shit for a second. Brad Sams has already said Lockhart will [obviously] be more powerful than the Xbox One X.

Brad Sams says a lot, But in this video had a lot to say about nothing.

The leak has been floating around for months now. If you get impatient, just search this forum and it should come up.

Regardless, my point still stands. Even if it’s a hair more powerful than the Xbox One X, it will still be way too low of a baseline going into NexGen for third-party for my tastes. The Higher spec machines which should be the baseline will still be held back by not being fully taken advantage of by the third parties.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Brad Sams says a lot, But in this video had a lot to say about nothing.

The leak has been floating around for months now. If you get impatient, just search this forum and it should come up.

Regardless, my point still stands. Even if it’s a hair more powerful than the Xbox One X, it will still be way too low of a baseline going into NexGen for third-party for my tastes. The Higher spec machines which should be the baseline will still be held back by not being fully taken advantage of by the third parties.
This is pure speculation, but I don't see MS releasing 2 consoles at launch. I think the SAD will be their low end streaming box, and then they will have their Cadillac new system to go head to head with the PS5. Not saying there isn't another new low end system coming, I just don't think it will be at launch.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This is pure speculation, but I don't see MS releasing 2 consoles at launch. I think the SAD will be their low end streaming box, and then they will have their Cadillac new system to go head to head with the PS5. Not saying there isn't another new low end system coming, I just don't think it will be at launch.

I hope you are correct and I would most definitely prefer it that way. Otherwise it would just feel like mid-gen refresh with third-party games, or even “cross gen”.

That is not how you start a new GEN having powerful systems with that forever Achilles’ heel from day zero.

Last edited:
Top Bottom