• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony wh-1000xm3 or Pulse3D Headphones, help me choose

FrankWza

Not concerned about price, not an audiophile so dropping £500+ on headphones would be a waste, I just want something that can wirelessly connect to both the telly and eventual PS5, bonus if it'll connect to my Jet engine Pro
Neither. Something like Penrose would solve your needs at $299. It’s not perfect though. It’s tight and has some issues that are made better with firmware update. If you find them comfortable the sound quality is good and the volume isn’t held back by the USB output like some other headsets that use a dongle.

Griffon

Acknowledge that Sony XM headphones are very bassy.

I hate how they sound, though some people like that shit.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Acknowledge that Sony XM headphones are very bassy.

I hate how they sound, though some people like that shit.

I'm thankful that although I can be bothered by the tiniest, most miniscule problem with motion or image quality but my ears are total retards. Even decent quality sounds great to me and I daren't actually educate myself or compare lest I realise how shit my sound system and headphones sound ha.

LordOfChaos

I really wish they gave the Pulse3D a fallback bluetooth option to work with all your existing phones and computers without the dongle. I have way too much audio stuff to justify another bespoke PlayStation one, at least without moving the dongle around to what does have USB A (which is excluding my phone, my primary music source).

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I just got a new CREAM recliner, not my choice of colour but I'm coming around to it. I feel like a drug dealers wife*.

* Story: One time after T in the Park we got stranded because we had no money for the bus back to the town with the train station. We met this woman who was scavenging tents and stuff left behind, she was driving a van with her 6 year old son in the back and we gave her all the money we had left and she gave us a lift back to hers for a sandwich and then onto the train station. The whole time she was going on (in front of her 6 year old son) about how she had been taking so much speed (and how they made lots of money from selling said speed) the last couple of days that her jaw was aching and when we got to the house everything in the whole living room was white/cream and the FULL ceiling was a mirror.

So thats why I always make a joke about white/cream lounge furniture being exclusively bought by drug dealer/swingers.

I just wanna tell you that I'm happy. Man United smashed Liverpool. GGMU :messenger_heart:

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I've used 1000X, 1000XM2 and 1000XM3 in my job, really liked them. Got myself some XM2s, someone say on them and I claimed the insurance on them and got XM3s, had them for ages now and still love them, the reduction in hiss on the noise cancellation from XM2 to XM3 is great so definitely get XM3 at least.

My girlfriend has had XM4s for a few months and I tried them for 10 mins, the ear cups are indeed more comfy and it has some more quality of life features (That you probably won't use in your described situation) so if you can get XM4 for around £30/$50 more than the XM3 then I say go for it, but otherwise just go for the XM3s.

So, as the zebra man said, the XM3 is prob the best deal right now, in the UK right now they are £70/$100 cheaper than the XM4s. If you were going to use them in a situation where you will say, work with them on and take them on and off to speak to people a lot then get the XM4 as they have a feature that auto stops/pauses the input when you take them off (Little sensor in the earcup), you didn't mention that, but thought I'd say just in case you might also use them for work after intially just for TV watching at night.

The real issue might be connecting them to the TV in a way that doesn't have a latency/a delay, I know internal bluetooth on TVs is notoriously shit but if you do have problems then you could still get something like this - https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=bluetooth+headphone+audio+transmitter&ref=nb_sb_noss - pop one of these in the headphone port on the telly and the TV will just think physical headphones are plugged in so you won't get the issue that @Calverz described with his CX (Cal, I tagged you because maybe that product can help you too). If you don't get the cheapest one then you won't have any latency problems and you can even get one that supports two simultaneous connections so the wife can have her headphones connected at the same time and you won't have to hear her horrible voice. You can tell her the noise cancelling is off and just nod occasionally to make it seem like you can hear her, double win!

What exact TV model do you have? It will be written on a white or grey sticker on the back of the TV, it will start with a number than represents the screen size diagonal, ie 50 if you have a 50", 65 for 65", etc. If you tell me that I'll make sure it has a headphone port, as some premium Samsung sets haven't for a while.

Good stuff there lad, cheers.. yeah went ahead and ordered myself a pair of XM3's, i have a 55CX which has BT5.0 and aptX.. which i believe the XM4's dropped support for so i decided not to bother with the XM4's and save a few quid. I'll take a note of that transmitter encase i get any delay but I'm hoping a decent enough 2020 telly should be able to fucking work with a set of wireless headphones in this day and age without too much trouble.. famous last words ffs.. I'll throw up my impressions when they arrive in the next couple of days and btw my wife sounds like an angel when shes not yelling like some demented harpy

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I just got a new CREAM recliner, not my choice of colour but I'm coming around to it. I feel like a drug dealers wife*.

* Story: One time after T in the Park we got stranded because we had no money for the bus back to the town with the train station. We met this woman who was scavenging tents and stuff left behind, she was driving a van with her 6 year old son in the back and we gave her all the money we had left and she gave us a lift back to hers for a sandwich and then onto the train station. The whole time she was going on (in front of her 6 year old son) about how she had been taking so much speed (and how they made lots of money from selling said speed) the last couple of days that her jaw was aching and when we got to the house everything in the whole living room was white/cream and the FULL ceiling was a mirror.

So thats why I always make a joke about white/cream lounge furniture being exclusively bought by drug dealer/swingers.

loved the aul speed back in the rave days.. hated the fucking come down mind, made monday morning meetings a real fucking shitshow... but a cream recliner??? jesus get a fucking throw over it

kyliethicc

I'm torn here, last night the missus pissed off to bed early so I decided to watch Infinity War on my newish telly, it wasn't long before the enivitable yell of "Will you turn that fucking down" came wallowing down the stairs...

So I've decided to buy a set of headphones that can connect to the TV (LGCX bt5.0) so that I can enjoy a few explosions without getting stern looks at breakfast the following morning.

I also plan on buying a PS5 later in the year so I'd like them to be compatible with the PS5 and it's tempest 3D engine which sounds on paper quite decent.

So chaps, what's the best set to go for? Are the XM3's compatible with this tempest engine or am I better going with the pulses? I mainly want to listen to movies late at night but also have the option to use them on the PS5, decide for me please cause I can't find a definite answer on the net as my googlefu is shite, cheers.
The XM3's are more expensive but better. The Pulse headset is a solid value headset for gaming on PS4/5, but the XM3's are just better quality headphones for all aspects of life.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Just a reminder because Sony are muppets, the pulse can use 3D audio wirelessly, however Sony's other Bluetooth headsets need to be plugged into the controller and won't work wirelessly with the PS5.

I have the Wh-1000XM4 and just had to laugh at how bad that is.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
The XM3's are more expensive but better. The Pulse headset is a solid value headset for gaming on PS4/5, but the XM3's are just better quality headphones for all aspects of life.

I have both the XM3 and XM4. Bought the Pulse 3D since Sony doesn't allow headsets to connect directly to Bluetooth for some silly reason. You are right. Pulse 3D is inferior in just about every way but much much cheaper. But that's to be expected when comparing against Sony's top of the line. For $100 though....they definitely are a solid option.

I should be getting the Creative transmitter that Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem referenced from Amazon today. If they work as advertised then I'm probably going to return the Pulse 3D.

Just a reminder because Sony are muppets, the pulse can use 3D audio wirelessly, however Sony's other Bluetooth headsets need to be plugged into the controller and won't work wirelessly with the PS5.

I have the Wh-1000XM4 and just had to laugh at how bad that is.

Yeah.....it is a bit insane. Xbox are the same way with this, aren't they? I guess this is part of the licensing deals they put together with official third party like SteelSeries.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

I have both the XM3 and XM4. Bought the Pulse 3D since Sony doesn't allow headsets to connect directly to Bluetooth for some silly reason. You are right. Pulse 3D is inferior in just about every way but much much cheaper. But that's to be expected when comparing against Sony's top of the line For $100 though....they definitely are a solid option.

I should be getting the Creative transmitter that Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem referenced from Amazon today. If they work as advertised then I'm probably going to return the Pulse 3D.

Yeah.....it is a bit insane. Xbox are the same way with this, aren't they? I guess this is part of the licensing deals they put together with official third party like SteelSeries.
Yeah for PS gaming I like the Pulse because it works so simply and wirelessly, plus it was only $100. And I find it fairly comfy and sound is good enough.

For everything else I have Airpods and Sony MDR-7506 headphones. But my friend has the XM3's and they're an excellent noise canceling wireless headset.

But the way the PS4/5 doesn't work with regular wireless headsets via Bluetooth is annoying. I wonder if its by design to sell gaming headsets.

Topher

Gold Member
Yeah for PS gaming I like the Pulse because it works so simply and wirelessly, plus it was only $100. And I find it fairly comfy and sound is good enough.

For everything else I have Airpods and Sony MDR-7506 headphones. But my friend has the XM3's and they're an excellent noise canceling wireless headset.

But the way the PS4/5 doesn't work with regular wireless headsets via Bluetooth is annoying. I wonder if its by design to sell gaming headsets.

Yep. Has to be the licensing deals. Otherwise, any cheapo bluetooth headset or earbuds on amazon would do. And it works. SteelSeries Arctis 7P for PS5 are sold out on Amazon, for example.

Amazon.com: SteelSeries Arctis 7P Wireless - Lossless 2.4 GHz Wireless Gaming Headset - for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 - White - PlayStation 5: Video Games

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
i dont mind plugging the XM3 into the joypad, thats no big deal if i cant go fully wireless to the console as the joypad is next to you but i want to be wireless to the TV, thats a biggie

P.Jack

I just want to chime in and advice anyone against using the DualShock 4s 3.5 output, if possible. Maybe the DualSense is better but if you are plugging headphones directly into your DS4 you’ll get pretty bad audio no matter what headphones you got. Try any other method, like your TVs output, instead.

I have a pair or MX3s and they are pretty good mid-range headphones. Even though I prefer my Sennheisers, the MX3s gets used a lot since they are very comfortable to wear for extended periods. I’d recommend them since they are pretty cheap for what you get.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
XM3s are some of the best headphones I've ever owned, but not for movies/games. In wireless mode the lag is too noticeable. They're just not designed for wireless gaming in a way that something like the Steelseries Arctis Pro are, it's not their selling point.

Who knows, you might do okay with it, it was way too jarring for me. If you need a pair of wireless cans for music though, they're second to none IMO, especially if you like a punchy bass profile by default. They're comfy as fuck, too, more than the Bose QC I think.

Last edited:
Anyone here know how or what do we need to buy in order to use the custom headphone which OP has mentioned with the PS5? PS5 just like PS4 doesn't support custom headphones as far as I've tested them out

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
XM3s are some of the best headphones I've ever owned, but not for movies/games. In wireless mode the lag is too noticeable. They're just not designed for wireless gaming in a way that something like the Steelseries Arctis Pro are, it's not their selling point.

Who knows, you might do okay with it, it was way too jarring for me. If you need a pair of wireless cans for music though, they're second to none IMO, especially if you like a punchy bass profile by default. They're comfy as fuck, too, more than the Bose QC I think.
Im hoping that wont be the case with my LGCX as the TV is BT5.0 and both it and the headphones support aptX and ill be sitting on the couch not far from it

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Im hoping that wont be the case with my LGCX as the TV is BT5.0 and both it and the headphones support aptX and ill be sitting on the couch not far from it

About 200ms with aptX I believe. Your experience may vary but to me it was incredibly noticeable and I didn't enjoy it, especially when you switch to something like Arctis Pro Wireless which have a non-BT connection and there's zero perceptible latency. It was night and day. Which is a shame because I could wear the XM3s all day, they were my commute/work phones.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
About 200ms with aptX I believe. Your experience may vary but to me it was incredibly noticeable and I didn't enjoy it, especially when you switch to something like Arctis Pro Wireless which have a non-BT connection and there's zero perceptible latency. It was night and day. Which is a shame because I could wear the XM3s all day, they were my commute/work phones.

damn... got me worried here, I thought the whole point of BT5.0 and aptX was to eliminate lag and up the quality

Bo_Hazem

Banned
i dont mind plugging the XM3 into the joypad, thats no big deal if i cant go fully wireless to the console as the joypad is next to you but i want to be wireless to the TV, thats a biggie

At least on my old Sony X70D tv, you can connect any Bluetooth headset to the tv, or even 3.5 jack like I don with my PC or when watching Netflix (and use a splitter so two can watch a movie without disturbing the kid).

I just want to chime in and advice anyone against using the DualShock 4s 3.5 output, if possible. Maybe the DualSense is better but if you are plugging headphones directly into your DS4 you’ll get pretty bad audio no matter what headphones you got. Try any other method, like your TVs output, instead.

I have a pair or MX3s and they are pretty good mid-range headphones. Even though I prefer my Sennheisers, the MX3s gets used a lot since they are very comfortable to wear for extended periods. I’d recommend them since they are pretty cheap for what you get.

Yes, DS4 is shit quality, but DualSense is near identical for Pulse 3D between lossless wireless 2.4GHz connection and 3.5 jack to the controller. Most likely because of the Realtek audio chip on the DualSense (works for mic, headphone, and the sound-based haptic feedback).

uk4Xz7il.jpg

Last edited:

AV

damn... got me worried here, I thought the whole point of BT5.0 and aptX was to eliminate lag and up the quality

Eliminate? No, just reduce, and even then I'm pretty sure LG CX doesn't even actually support Low Latency aptX, just standard. A receiver might help, but you're still trying to repurpose headphones into something they're not really designed to do, so the results will never be as good as 2.4Ghz wireless or wired.

However this is all on paper - you might get them and be absolutely fine with them, it varies person-to-person. Some people don't notice the benefit of 4K video, some people don't notice 200ms audio latency. I would say just give them a go and return/sell them if you're unhappy. At the end of the day you're still buying a pair of fucking great sounding headphones even if you have to plug them in to game. The noise cancellation is mind-blowing when you hear it in person. Works best with low rumbling sounds, I used to be able to listen to music happily with a tumble dryer going directly behind me when I owned mine.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Eliminate? No, just reduce, and even then I'm pretty sure LG CX doesn't even actually support Low Latency aptX, just standard. A receiver might help, but you're still trying to repurpose headphones into something they're not really designed to do, so the results will never be as good as 2.4Ghz wireless or wired.

However this is all on paper - you might get them and be absolutely fine with them, it varies person-to-person. Some people don't notice the benefit of 4K video, some people don't notice 200ms audio latency. I would say just give them a go and return/sell them if you're unhappy. At the end of the day you're still buying a pair of fucking great sounding headphones even if you have to plug them in to game. The noise cancellation is mind-blowing when you hear it in person. Works best with low rumbling sounds, I used to be able to listen to music happily with a tumble dryer going directly behind me when I owned mine.

I really don't know what the fuck is Sony thinking when not having the option for their flagship noise cancelling headset to have optional 2.4GHz adapter for gaming that will move at least 3x times the sales of current XM3/XM4 headsets while Pulse 3D still having its solid sales instead of bleeding money to competitors when users seek higher quality gaming headsets, even though Pulse 3D is wonderful performance/value.

I wouldn't even consider Pulse 3D if 1000XM4 would fully support 2.4GHz for PS5 or PC. Sony really needs to get its shit together, especially that some games come with original albums that are very high quality (should be available in their phone app as well, honestly).

At least on my old Sony X70D tv, you can connect any Bluetooth headset to the tv, or even 3.5 jack like I don with my PC or when watching Netflix (and use a splitter so two can watch a movie without disturbing the kid).

Yes, DS4 is shit quality, but DualSense is near identical for Pulse 3D between lossless wireless 2.4GHz connection and 3.5 jack to the controller. Most likely because of the RealTeck audio chip on the DualSense (works for mic, headphone, and the sound-based haptic feedback).

uk4Xz7il.jpg
Might want a little amp though for higher end headphones

AV

I really don't know what the fuck is Sony thinking when not having the option for their flagship noise cancelling headset to have optional 2.4GHz adapter for gaming that will move at least 3x times the sales of current XM3/XM4 headsets while Pulse 3D still having its solid sales instead of bleeding money to competitors when users seek higher quality gaming headsets, even though Pulse 3D is wonderful performance/value.

I wouldn't even consider Pulse 3D if 1000XM4 would fully support 2.4GHz for PS5 or PC. Sony really needs to get its shit together, especially that some games come with original albums that are very high quality (should be available in their phone app as well, honestly).

It's a shame, I'd switch back in a heartbeat. I only sold my MX3s because thanks to Covid I now work from home, no longer commute on the bus or sit in an office where I have to wear headphones. If there was a 2.4GHz pair for PC I'd buy them immediately (assuming they improved the mic), my Arctis Pro Wireless are fantastic but they're nowhere near as comfortable even with a different material cover on the cups. I really miss the default bass profile on the XM3s, it was nutty for certain genres and I can't recapture that feeling.

Makes me want to just say screw it and buy a pair again anyway, they're that good.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Might want a little amp though for higher end headphones

I don't think using the DualSense is the optimal option, but it's actually surprisingly good for a Bluetooth connection, even in terms of latency.

It's a shame, I'd switch back in a heartbeat. I only sold my MX3s because thanks to Covid I now work from home, no longer commute on the bus or sit in an office where I have to wear headphones. If there was a 2.4GHz pair for PC I'd buy them immediately (assuming they improved the mic), my Arctis Pro Wireless are fantastic but they're nowhere near as comfortable even with a different material cover on the cups. I really miss the default bass profile on the XM3s, it was nutty for certain genres and I can't recapture that feeling.

Makes me want to just say screw it and buy a pair again anyway, they're that good.

In general I love punchy bass, and Pulse 3D is really good at that and riding the car in Watch Dogs Legion is pretty distracting, audio in general is amazing in that game with Pulse 3D even though the sound sources seem limited. You really feel in the party and bass is so perfectly tuned if you like hip-hop, not overwhelming or messy yet clarity is super clean as well. Can imagine how much better XM3/4 should be with much superior cups.

Topher

Gold Member

I'm assuming Sony sold direct wireless connectivity rights to a few vendors such as SteelSeries, Razer, and Turtle Beach. Opening PS5 to 1000MX4 is like opening Pandora's box as if it can connect then any BT device can. From Sony's point of view, 1000MX3/4 probably is not a natural accessory for gamers due to its price point so they will make more money selling rights and probably don't have a way to isolate the options for other BT headsets to their own brand.

But this Creative adapter does seem to allow a workaround and so I'm interest to try it. I noticed this adapter works for PS4, PS5, Switch, and Windows but not Xbox at all. Odd.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I'm assuming Sony sold direct wireless connectivity rights to a few vendors such as SteelSeries, Razer, and Turtle Beach. Opening PS5 to 1000MX4 is like opening Pandora's box as if it can connect then any BT device can. From Sony's point of view, 1000MX3/4 probably is not a natural accessory for gamers due to its price point so they will make more money selling rights and probably don't have a way to isolate the options for other BT headsets to their own brand.

But this Creative adapter does seem to allow a workaround and so I'm interest to try it. I noticed this adapter works for PS4, PS5, Switch, and Windows but not Xbox at all. Odd.

Would like to hear more about it! It's a dream to me to use 1000XM4 for PS5.

I love my pulse 3d headset because of comfort and convenience, but if you need something premium it is better to spend a little more and get something a step up.

Topher

Gold Member
Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem

Here you go, bud. So the question here is it worth buying this Creative BT-W3 Transmitter adapter if you already have a good pair of bluetooth headsets rather than buying an officially licensed product or Sony's own Pulse 3D.

51ZVPtZdHzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Amazon.com: Creative BT-W3 Bluetooth 5.0 USB-C Audio Transmitter, aptX LL and aptX HD, 3.5 mm Analog Mic for Voice Chat Support, Codec Indicator and Selection, Plug-and-Play for PS4, Nintendo Switch, PC, and Mac: Home Audio & Theater

VS

610SsJ5aAQL._SL1393_.jpg

Amazon.com: PULSE 3D Wireless Headset: Video Games

Like the OP, I have a pair of Sony XM3 which is a damn good wireless bluetooth headset, but also very expensive. I have been using this headset with the cord connected to my PS4. Since my PS5 is on its way, I decided to give the Pulse 3D a try. The sound quality is not nearly as good. Not even close. But if I wanted to go wireless then what else choice do I have?

So Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem came across the Creative adapter and I decided to give it a go:

7psiURv.jpg

I plugged both the Creative adapter and the Pulse 3D adapters into the front USB ports of my PS4 (this should work the same for PS5):

nouWBjS.jpg

Pulse 3D just works out of the box, but the BT adapter had to be paired simply by holding down the button on the adapter to get it into pair mode. Standard stuff. The XM3's connected easily.

And I was able to move between both adapters easily in the UI:

RmTQaPP.png

The Creative has a microphone jack that plugs into the DS4. I was able to get it to work and tested it with voice commands, but at this point I can't say anything about the sound quality. It doesn't seem as though the Creative will allow you to use your BT headset's microphone which is a disappointment. To get the microphone to work, instructions must be closely followed and performed in order otherwise PS will switch audio sources aumatically.

Having said that, I don't game online much at all so microphone isn't a priority for me.

Ultimately the question is which one am I going to keep. A bit of a no-brainer. The Pulse 3D is $100. This adapter is $40. The sound quality of my XM3 is just as good with this adapter as it has been everywhere else I have used it. So I'm sold on the Creative/XM3 combo and the Pulse 3D is being returned.

This isn't to say the Pulse 3D is a bad headset. It is fine. I can tell they are really focusing on the 3D aspect as the sound is much more spatial. It just lacks the overall quality I'm used to.

Edit: I'm going to keep the Pulse 3D until my PS5 arrives on Thursday just see if there is any difference there that should be noted.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem

Here you go, bud. So the question here is it worth buying this Creative BT-W3 Transmitter adapter if you already have a good pair of bluetooth headsets rather than buying an officially licensed product or Sony's own Pulse 3D.

Amazon.com: Creative BT-W3 Bluetooth 5.0 USB-C Audio Transmitter, aptX LL and aptX HD, 3.5 mm Analog Mic for Voice Chat Support, Codec Indicator and Selection, Plug-and-Play for PS4, Nintendo Switch, PC, and Mac: Home Audio & Theater

VS

610SsJ5aAQL._SL1393_.jpg

Like the OP, I have a pair of Sony XM3 which is a damn good wireless bluetooth headset, but also very expensive. I have been using this headset with the cord connected to my PS4. Since my PS5 is on its way, I decided to give the Pulse 3D a try. The sound quality is not nearly as good. Not even close. But if I wanted to go wireless then what else choice do I have?

So Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem came across the Creative adapter and I decided to give it a go:

7psiURv.jpg

I plugged both the Creative adapter and the Pulse 3D adapters into the front USB ports of my PS4 (this should work the same for PS5):

nouWBjS.jpg

Pulse 3D just works out of the box, but the BT adapter had to be paired simply by holding down the button on the adapter to get it into pair mode. Standard stuff. The XM3's connected easily.

RmTQaPP.png

The Creative has a microphone jack that plugs into the DS4. I was able to get it to work and tested it with voice commands, but at this point I can't say anything about the sound quality. It doesn't seem as though the Creative will allow you to use your BT headset's microphone which is a disappointment. To get the microphone to work, instructions must be closely followed and performed in order otherwise PS will switch audio sources aumatically.

Having said that, I don't game online much at all so microphone isn't a priority for me.

Ultimately the question is which one am I going to keep. A bit of a no-brainer. The Pulse 3D is $100. This adapter is $40. The sound quality of my XM3 is just as good with this adapter as it has been everywhere else I have used it. So I'm sold on the Creative/XM3 combo and the Pulse 3D is being returned.

This isn't to say the Pulse 3D is a bad headset. It is fine. I can tell they are really focusing on the 3D aspect as the sound is much more spatial. It just lacks the overall quality I'm used to.

Edit: I'm going to keep the Pulse 3D until my PS5 arrives on Thursday just see if there is any difference there that should be noted.

Wonderful! Remember that PS4 audio is shit vs PS5. People seem to talk about Demon's Souls as the best 3D audio so far. 3rd party though I think WD Legion is impressive even though you can tell that sound sources are limited.

Can't wait for your next update!

Topher

Gold Member
Wonderful! Remember that PS4 audio is shit vs PS5. People seem to talk about Demon's Souls as the best 3D audio so far. 3rd party though I think WD Legion is impressive even though you can tell that sound sources are limited.

Can't wait for your next update!

Very good point. it will be interesting to see how these perform with PS5's Tempest 3D AudioTech. I don't have Demon's Souls, but I'll give it a go with Spider-Man Mile Morales.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Very good point. it will be interesting to see how these perform with PS5's Tempest 3D AudioTech. I don't have Demon's Souls, but I'll give it a go with Spider-Man Mile Morales.

Spiderman MM sounded good and has solid 3D audio, but I think WD: L with all the music was wonderful and how you feel yourself in there.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem

VS

610SsJ5aAQL._SL1393_.jpg

7psiURv.jpg

nouWBjS.jpg

RmTQaPP.png

That's some top tier posting lad, exactly what I wanted to hear and I'll defo be having a look into that creative dongle, like I you I don't need the mic it's rare for me to game online

FrankWza

No, they do not, but I haven't noticed any lag issues at all.
That’s cool. You can add a wireless mod mic if you ever need one or use the dualsense. Or, if your headphones have a 3.5 jack and are Bluetooth does plugging in the 3.5 adapter continue to keep the power on so the mic would work there or does it make them passive and override the Bluetooth connection?

Topher

Gold Member
That’s cool. You can add a wireless mod mic if you ever need one or use the dualsense. Or, if your headphones have a 3.5 jack and are Bluetooth does plugging in the 3.5 adapter continue to keep the power on so the mic would work there or does it make them passive and override the Bluetooth connection?

Yeah, the jack makes it passive and only works while the headset is powered off so features such as bluetooth and noise cancelling no longer work.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Just got the XM3's, linked perfectly to the LGCX, watched a few different flicks and couldn't notice any lag whatsoever and sounded incredible, sitting here typin this out listening to the Doors in HiRez audio and man I've been missing out.. gotta say I'm more than impressed with the sound quality and ease of use, switch em on and the TV switches over to the headphones, switch em off TV speakers come back on, looking forward to checking them out for gaming later

gypsygib

for gaming you would prefer the DT 990 over the 770 because the dt are closed style headphones while the 990 are open style, you can hear directions better with open style headphones.
The Sony option is 300$/€ ? then maybe you also have the option on going DT 1990, its one step above the 990 and incredible good for its price. You'll never need to upgrade again.
990 or 770 are great headphones as well.
For gaming the DT1990 is excellent, for music however, the track needs to be recorded very well or all you'll hear is a bad/lacking quality recording.

Top Bottom