• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony will show God of War 3 at E3

JCtheMC

Mononofu said:
This is Sony. Don't ask questions just take what you can get.

At this point i've promised myself to not board any hypetrains until i've seen gameplay footage.

Edit: Which means there are no PS3 exclusives on the horizon that i care about.

FirewalkR

andycapps said:
. This has me officially excited for E3. New Resistance 2 news, more Killzone 2 news, Infamous, etc. Only thing better would be a look at what Naughty Dog has been up to since Uncharted. :lol

Heavy Rain also please Sony/QD!

Y2Kev said:
Yeah, I'm not sure how excited I should be. I'm kind of GoW'd out. I had a game each of the last two years. Kind of need to mix up the formula a bit for me to be really entertained.
I'm in that boat too. They need to do something to freshen it up a bit, and for me it probably needs to be something other than just SIXAXIS support and being 1080p

I think to some extent the new people working on it might be scared to make any major gameplay changes because they wouldn't want to anger the fans or people who previously worked on the series.

KZObsessed

Hopefully this is true.

I expected just a teaser this E3 but this seems like more...

I wonder what surprises they have in store, feature wise.

Haunted

Visualante said:
I'm in that boat too. They need to do something to freshen it up a bit, and for me it probably needs to be something other than just SIXAXIS support and being 1080p

I think to some extent the new people working on it might be scared to make any major gameplay changes because they wouldn't want to anger the fans or people who previously worked on the series.
I don't think they need to do that, judging from the responses in here. You and Kev are in the minority. More of the same with HD graphics is what people generally seem to want.

And damn, this reminds me that I need to get around playing II one of these days. >_<

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Odysseus said:
not my fault god of war ii was horrible and made god of war iii a non-starter as a result. i still love the original, though.

How is it worse than the original? Well, I'll give you story and characterization. But how else? Lack of ballista puzzles?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
With the way #2 ended, I'm hoping they don't back down from the all out cataclysmic battle of Titans vs. Gods that was left hanging. That'd make a nice change of pace for the third game if the scope shifts to all-out war.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
It will probably be just like the Prince of persia trailer recently.

A sizzle trailer, nothing more.

Sin

Sin said:
Oh its confirmed alright. Select people have been shown a clip from the game already and its amazing.

I bet we'll see the game at E3.

So excited.

Told you guys. :D

Cruzader

Banned
Woot

Sony saving this year's E3 once again Confirmed!!!

(also I hope Nariko shows up in this game where you can rape her so that baby Kratos can have its own game series and continue the saga into PS4 :lol :lol :lol )

Zophar

Odysseus said:
not my fault god of war ii was horrible and made god of war iii a non-starter as a result. i still love the original, though.
GOW2 was an improvement over the original in practically every way.

Haunted One said:
I don't think they need to do that, judging from the responses in here. You and Kev are in the minority. More of the same with HD graphics is what people generally seem to want.

And damn, this reminds me that I need to get around playing II one of these days. >_<
Well they always spoke of the limitations of the PS2 when they were working, I don't believe that was false modesty either. The PS3 will let them create scenarios that they couldn't do on PS2. That alone has me excited.
I just don't want them to put more bad ass enemies on screen, sixaxis QTEs and call it a day. The combat could be worked on.

Odysseus

Banned
Y2Kev said:
How is it worse than the original? Well, I'll give you story and characterization. But how else? Lack of ballista puzzles?

they ruined the story, and they ruined kratos. gameplay can take a hike. was still fun, but the series is dead to me.

You guys seem surprised.
I would have been shocked had Sony NOT shown God of War 3 at E3.
But hey, bring on the 20-page thread over nothing.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Odysseus said:
they ruined the story, and they ruined kratos. gameplay can take a hike. was still fun, but the series is dead to me.

I felt the same way till I played Chains of Olympus. That game was awesome.

fanboi

Banned
Odysseus said:

How did they ruined Kratos? :|

Bad mother f ass is he.

GQman2121

Banned
andycapps said:
. This has me officially excited for E3. New Resistance 2 news, more Killzone 2 news, Infamous, etc. Only thing better would be a look at what Naughty Dog has been up to since Uncharted. :lol

It's called Uncharted 2: ??????? ?????? :p

I fully expect GOW3 to have massive battles with more going on on-screen. I want to get fucked in my eyeballs by all of the effects and shit going off in the the back and foregrounds.

SRG01

chubigans said:
I felt the same way till I played Chains of Olympus. That game was awesome.

God of War 3 needs to be HD GoW with the PSP control scheme.

Seriously, the game plays a lot better on the PSP than on the PS2.

Haunted

Visualante said:
Well they always spoke of the limitations of the PS2 when they were working, I don't believe that was false modesty either. The PS3 will let them create scenarios that they couldn't do on PS2. That alone has me excited.
I just don't want them to put more bad ass enemies on screen, sixaxis QTEs and call it a day. The combat could be worked on.
Fair enough and I hope for a similar leap. And even if they show it at E3, it's definitely a 2009+ title, so there's ample time for your GoW fatigue to dissipate until then.

Do we know who's going to direct this one, btw?

Visualante said:

Given the way the story ended in II, I can't be alone in wanting a little SotC style action on the titans, something a little more freeform.

The combats fine, I suppose. It's hard to think what they could add to it to freshen it up, as it pretty much taps out the controller. Maybe new weapons, but then I think they kinda screwed themselves over in this regard by making the chainblades such an effective weapon from the get go.

Splatt

This seems like a good time to.... SHOW THIS COMIC TO YOU!

t5lhjs.jpg

Top Bottom