• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Xperia Z2 Officially Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

onken

Picked up my ZL2 this week - slightly smaller than the regular Z2, I'm a big fan. Feels like a good weight. 1080p60 video recording is fantastic and general operation is super smooth, big improvement over my last phone. Very happy with it.

Faith

10451072_10152509218725859_5560050367177011780_n.jpg

I hold my Z2 for 3 seconds under water (30cm deep) and now my camera lens is fogged.

Dat waterproof.

jonnyp

It's mainly in the videos. But it definitely crops up. I'd upload a video clip, but I can't be bothered.

I don't believe the microphone is designed that way. But the fact it's fucked on mine doesn't inspire much confidence in Sony's mobile phones.

Yes, because you've received a faulty one means of course that it is a general quality problem with all their phones right? Really now...

And I don't understand your criticism about too many ports. What clutter are you talking about?
Why does it matter if the USB has a single port or not?

I have a Z1 and not a Z2, but what bloat are you talking about? Because it has an animation when it boots? Bloat or not, my Z1 is silky smooth in everything and I can imagine the Z2 is even more so.

Regarding camerea and microphone: yeah, obviously you've been unlucky and received a faulty one and need to replace it.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
My contract is almost up and my carrier has this phone alongside the S5 as the only top of the line Android phones, so before making a decision, I wanted to know how do you like it now that most of you have had it for quite a while. Any annoyances or quirks or anything?

Kyoufu

My contract is almost up and my carrier has this phone alongside the S5 as the only top of the line Android phones, so before making a decision, I wanted to know how do you like it now that most of you have had it for quite a while. Any annoyances or quirks or anything?

It might get a little hot if you use the camera or something that is processor heavy for a while but other than that it's pretty darn great.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
It might get a little hot if you use the camera or something that is processor heavy for a while but other than that it's pretty darn great.
My S2 gets plenty hot, so that's a non-issue :p
Also apparently something odd happened and my carrier has the contract expiring on September rather than this week, but considering how slow they are on getting new things (if at all which is infuriating given that their parent company is Telefonica), might as well get either phone now (I'm more inclined towards the Z2 at the moment, it's slightly cheaper too).

demented

Well I ended up buying the phone after all.. :)

Only issue I have is notification volume which I most of the time can't hear, like viber messages or so...

kharma45

Picked one of these up last week. Volume rocker squeaks when pressed and the bottom part of it doesn't click when pressed like the top bit.

Pity, as it was a good price and felt a half decent phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom