• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's GamesCom Conference Will Be Livestreamed This Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Unlike previous years, this year Sony will actually livestream their GamesCom conference.

After last year's horrendous quality cellphone stream, this is probably a good idea.

So far only PlayStation Home is a confirmed streaming location, but it's a pretty safe bet that it will be elsewhere as well.

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2011/08/11/playstation-home-to-stream-sony-gamescom-presser-live/

Update:

Yes, definitely other locations as well.

HiddenAway said:
I received an e-mail from SCEE to invite me as a VIP to try the Vita out at Gamescom (only 1 week notice :p).

They do list their Facebook page as another possible streaming source.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
bobbytkc said:
Price cut likely then.

Wouldn't stream a conference if there is nothing to announce.
They used to refuse to stream them even when they had things to announce.

I wonder if they'll stream their TGS conference this year. Sega is the only one who ever does that to my knowledge.

Irish

I think I remember Sucker Punch talking about possibly revealing something at Gamescom, but I bet it's a little too early for that. Same goes for the new GG IP as well.

Quantic Dream might just be there.

glaurung

My money is on Vita release date and launch lineup.

And perhaps a new SKU of PS3.

What would be epic beyond belief would be a new DualShock, but that is not going to happen.

I received an e-mail from SCEE to invite me as a VIP to try the Vita out at Gamescom (only 1 week notice :p).

They do list their Facebook page as another possible streaming source.

Ooo I'm sensing something big going on, massive Vita news please. also detail on PS Suite, 3rd party games blowout, release date, launch lineup etc. and perhaps announce PS2 classics for PSN store.

Takao

Banned
Callibretto said:
Ooo I'm sensing something big going on, massive Vita news please. also detail on PS Suite, 3rd party games blowout, release date, launch lineup etc. and perhaps announce PS2 classics for PSN store.

You're setting yourself up for disappointment, lol.

Expect a PSN game no one wants and you'll be 1000% more impressed!

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
bobbytkc said:
Price cut likely then.

Wouldn't stream a conference if there is nothing to announce.
The big thing will be a Vita blowout.
Edge have a Vita cover story going on sale a little after GamesCom.

Takao said:
You're setting yourself up for disappointment, lol.

Expect a PSN game no one wants and you'll be 1000% more impressed!

well, the ps2 classics is a longshot. but surely I can expect some vita news like 3rd party games announcement there, and surely they should have said something about PS Suite, Europe is the one who pushed for minis right, and I expect most Minis to just move to Suite right now, so it's the right place to give detail on that, rather than TGS.

Blablurn

price cut for sure but release date for vita is coming at tgs. its like a punch in the face when they say in europe that the pal device is coming 2012.

Nirolak said:
They used to refuse to stream them even when they had things to announce.

I wonder if they'll stream their TGS conference this year. Sega is the only one who ever does that to my knowledge.
Weren't Dark Souls and Dynasty Warriors 7 announced at Sony's one last year? That was live streamed.

Elios83

There won't be a Vita release date since it will be released in 2012 in US/Europe and the japanese release date will be announced at TGS.
But hopefully we'll get more games announcements, more first party titles (both PS3 and Vita) and a PS3 price cut.

Mikeside

Nuclear Muffin said:
Has anyone heard anything about Vita appearing at Eurogamer Expo BTW? Don't really fancy flying off to Germany just to try it out.

There's an Uncharted cosplay competition happening at Eurogamer Expo where the prize is that you get a 3G Vita at launch.
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do this if Vita wasn't there...

I really fucking hope

Xater

Blablurn said:
price cut for sure but release date for vita is coming at tgs. its like a punch in the face when they say in europe that the pal device is coming 2012.

Exactly what I expect as well.

IamMikeside said:
There's an Uncharted cosplay competition happening at Eurogamer Expo where the prize is that you get a 3G Vita at launch.
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do this if Vita wasn't there...

I really fucking hope

Ok that's a good sign at least. I find it hard to believe that they'd have it out to play in public at Gamescom but not at Eurogamer Expo.

It's the only reason I'd want to go really (The only other games I'd be interested in playing are ones that I know I already want to get and I don't really want to spoil the first time experience for myself anyway)

IamMikeside said:

Uncharted cosplay? Who can tuck their shirt halfways the most accurately, I wonder?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
IamMikeside said:
Uncharted cosplay competition
Wow, this will be almost as exciting as the Madden cosplay competition.

Edit:

Eurogamer Expo FAQ said:
Win a PlayStation Vita courtesy of Sony!

We've teamed up with Sony to offer cosplayers the chance to win a PlayStation Vita and a copy of Uncharted: Golden Abyss.

To be in with a chance of winning, all you need to do is follow the rules above for the cosplay competition with one important exception: You must attend the expo as either Nathan Drake or Elena Fisher. Entrants will be judged on effort, ingenuity and attention to detail.
Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/expo/faq#cosplay

It's even more amazing than I thought!

spats

Going in with low expectations so I can only be surprised. New Omega Boost and Medievil games, let's see it Sony.

French

Banned
2009 :
- PS3 price cut
- Slim model
- Minis a
- New Uncharted 2 trailer
- New Heavy Rain trailer

2010 :
- New LBP 2 trailer
- 160Gb and 320Gb PS3s
- New InFamous 2 trailer
- Move announcements ( MAG, Virtua Tennis 4 ... )
- New KZ 3 trailer
- Ratchet All 4 One
- Resistance 3

So this could be good.

Suzzopher

I'd imagine we'll get a massive blowout of Vita info, comic app, new minis initiative, price, launch date.

I'd like to see Sony cut the price of the PS3, but I doubt they will.

FinalD

HiddenAway said:
I received an e-mail from SCEE to invite me as a VIP to try the Vita out at Gamescom.
Yeah me too. What day would be best? I think Thursday because I assume it will be less crowded, but I'm afraid I'm missing out if they announce/show something after that ...

Gravijah

Combichristoffersen said:
So we should expect Pain and Calling All Cars promotions for PSN?

man, i want to radiant historia style time travel into the reality where pain & calling all cars were the welcome back program gifts.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Gravijah said:
man, i want to radiant historia style time travel into the reality where pain & calling all cars were the welcome back program gifts.

Or an alternate reality where the PS3 was the only way to play video games (no handhelds, no other consoles, no iDevices, no Android, no web games/Facebook games etc), and it never got any other games than Pain and Calling All Cars.

Shikoro

HiddenAway said:

I got that to, but I don't have money for the trip. :/
If anyone's interested in going there, I can give you the barcode which you need to gain access to the Inside PlayStation Vita VIP experience at gamescom. That is, if I get the mail where the barcode should be. XD

Globox_82

Banned
Most likely
PS3 price cut
Vita info
New Quantic Dream game trailer
and some PSN stuff

There is no way you are going to see multiple AAA game announcements. Same as it was with E3. VITA is getting most of the attention. PS3 price cut will also get a lot of spot light and that's about it.
Stuff like new Uncharted 3 trailer etc I don't even bother to count.

Binabik15

No Vita 2011 would make me a sad panda. They'd better have all or almost all games shown so far as launch titles then.

I still don't want to go to GC even though I'm in Germany. Sony stream makes me even less intetested in going.

The_Monk

I want to see their GamesCom conference so bad.

From where it going to be possible to see this? Besides Home.

I love conferences so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom