• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Calibur IV no longer slows down on PS3, identical to 360

Kagari said:
Kraaaaatos.
con_kratos.jpg

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Were there really reports of the PS3 version running choppily? I saw it more than three months ago, and though there were only a handful of characters working it was indistinguishable from the 360 version I saw on the same TV.

consoul

PedroRVD said:
Who would have thought that a PLAYSTATION 3 game NEEDED extra months of development to manage to be IDENTICAL to the 360 version??

This is embarrassing ...NOBODY thought that before PS3 launched.
Maybe no-one had considered extra months of development specifically, but I think it's fair to say lots of people knew before launch that the PS3 would present a much tougher learning curve for developers.

Anyway, I just hope Namco can maintain some balance in SCIV. It seems very top-heavy at the moment.

Skilletor

Aokage said:
Were there really reports of the PS3 version running choppily? I saw it more than three months ago, and though there were only a handful of characters working it was indistinguishable from the 360 version I saw on the same TV.

There was ONE IGN blurb. Because of the way the 1up guys were talking and the controllers in the background during the vid, I'm assuming they were playing SC4 on ps3 and those guys didnt mention it in the show (which I assume they would have) and made a post here saying there wasn't anything noticeable. There've been vids floating around the net for awhile and no slowdown in any I've seen. No way to tell if it's ps3 or 360 unless vader/yoda is in the match, though.

Caj814

consoul said:
It seems very top-heavy at the moment.

I know what you mean.

It could be a heavy burden to carry for characters that may not make it to the top.

Lets see how long we can go on with this,heh

Aske

The-Switcher said:
I'd wish they instead work on a decent story mode, and balancing all 54 women characters.

The Story Mode is a big question mark right now. The tag stuff sounds fun, and as long as they streamline the narrative sections so that they don't kill the flow of gameplay I think we can expect something decent. It would have worked well in SC3 if everything had felt slightly more slick. Long as the Groundhog Day QTEs are gone for good.

The Tower Mode sounds interesting, but I could see it going either way. I'm expecting a stripped down Mission Mode with a much more linear flow; something akin to SF Alpha 3's World Tour. On the other hand, the Soul Arena in SC3 sounded like the SC1 and 2 Mission Mode on paper and turned out to be a sad little clutch of mini-games. Probably wise not to assume anything...

AMUSIX said:
Was considering starting to put together an official thread post for SC4...was anyone already doing it? Yeah, I know, a bit off topic, but I figured if someone was, they'd check here.

Awesome - looking forward to it!

Top Bottom