• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VGC] Baldur’s Gate 3 won’t come to Xbox before 2024, Larian suggests

Punished Miku

Gold Member
The Xbox lack of release date is 100% not about Starfield and 100% about the Series S problems. It would've released the same day as the PC version if that was the case.
Personally, I don't think so. Playstation is outselling Xbox by a lot and the huge chance to capture a large audience is there after Bethesda exclusivity left a vacancy waiting to be filled on that platform. Putting it on Xbox first just makes PS gamers wait, and be less enthusiastic. I think they played this virtually perfectly. It's coming out in order of most important console to them to least important 1) PC, 2) PS5, 3) XB.

GHG

genius-shit-snoop-dogg.gif

Snoop Dogg Gangsta GIF by MOODMAN

Shrap

Personally, I don't think so. Playstation is outselling Xbox by a lot and the huge chance to capture a large audience is there after Bethesda exclusivity left a vacancy waiting to be filled on that platform. Putting it on Xbox first just makes PS gamers wait, and be less enthusiastic. I think they played this virtually perfectly. It's coming out in order of most important console to them to least important 1) PC, 2) PS5, 3) XB.
Stop talking out of your ass. The Series S is 100% the reason for the delay until there is any evidence proving otherwise. Microsoft would not allow Larian to bring bad attention to the Xbox Brand and the Series S because Larian are making an excuse to avoid launching BG3 around the same time as Starfield. That is absurd stupidity.

Last edited:
Do we have any proof that Larian studios is lying about this?

Pretty strange that Microsoft isn't doing anything to correct this if its wrong.

Zheph

Are those the new directives from Redmond? Decent angle but it lack some polish, props nonetheless

MacReady13

Just release it on game pass for FREE with missing features! None of the Xbox fanboys will care as they don't have to pay for it and they need content...

Literally every one of their release dates is 100% about Starfield. They moved up their PC release a month to avoid it, which is just smart. They are launching on the exact same day as Starfield on PS5 to capitalize on Playstation demand for a WRPG, which again is just smart. They are publicly saying that their delay on Xbox is due to the S, but it also just happens to also make a ton of a sense since most people interested in WRPGs on Xbox will likely be busy for several months. It's 3 smart calls, and all 3 of them are 100% about Starfield.
That was exactly my point. The fact that it was seen as console warring is fucked up, and an infraction points is pathetic.

Nothing will want to launch on Xbox as Starfield. It will destroy everything else released at the same time.
As the PS5 doesn't have Starfield, it would be a good move to release it on PS5 at the same time, as it doesn't have Starfield.

Achille0s

These "if X runs then Y should" posts are ridiculous. This is not how game development works. Also pretty sure Horizon doesn't have split screen which seems to be the issue here.
What you will say if Microsoft dev can fix it and the game can run on the series s 😌

nowhat

Why? Todd Howard himself says he's mostly play the game on Series S and that it's great. Xbox fans have absolutely nothing to worry about.

And if Todd says it's great, it sure will be!

Also Cyberpunk ran "surprisingly well" on last gen consoles.

...in retrospect, CDPR probably meant "frankly, we're surprised it runs at all".

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Kinda sad at how obvious it was that the Series S would hamstring the Series X, and yet so many people defended the decision to put out weaker, worse hardware.

Topher

Gold Member
What you will say if Microsoft dev can fix it and the game can run on the series s 😌

If/when Larian gets split screen working doesn't change the fact that it will have taken months of additional work to do so. I'm sure some folks will stick their head in the sand and pretend this was all Larian's fault even though 343 had to abandon their own plans for split screen with Halo Infinite.

Wouldn't be surprised if we get more of this happening. Series s must be a giant pain in the ass for devs who want to utilise the PS5 and series X without having to worry about it. Can't do that if you want a good series s version aswell unless you want games running at 480p on the system. Microsoft won't allow that. They've added uneeded strain on devs with this system.

Last edited:

Freeman76

Stop talking out of your ass. The Series S is 100% the reason for the delay until there is any evidence proving otherwise. Microsoft would not allow Larian to bring bad attention to the Xbox Brand and the Series S because Larian are making an excuse to avoid launching BG3 around the same time as Starfield. That is absurd stupidity.
To be fair though, not allowing both Xbox versions to release without splitscreen and then add it in later is also pretty stupid. I buy all my multiplatform games on Xbox because I prefer the elite controller, and will now buy BG3 for my PS5 because this is a game I want to play asap, how many other people wont want to wait for MS to sort this shit out. When you are as far behind in a competition for sales as MS are, you need to pull out all the stops.

To be fair though, not allowing both Xbox versions to release without splitscreen and then add it in later is also pretty stupid. I buy all my multiplatform games on Xbox because I prefer the elite controller, and will now buy BG3 for my PS5 because this is a game I want to play asap, how many other people wont want to wait for MS to sort this shit out. When you are as far behind in a competition for sales as MS are, you need to pull out all the stops.

Maybe feature parity extends beyond Xbox consoles.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
🤡 You already tried pushing it's Sony fault narrative in the other thread .

Devs themselves saying they're having issues getting it work and MS sending people to help. Why can't you accept it?

But so tell us how they can fix split screen for your plastic box.
They could have just cut or delayed split screen co-op (which 1% of the players would use) but Larian said no. Why would Larian say no? Hmmmm

Fools idol

Banned
I'm sorry but playing a cRPG like this on a console is like eating the most delicious soup in the world using a fork instead of a spoon.

If that is your bag have at it, each to their own 🤣 I'll probably double dip on PS5 at some point anyway

Top Bottom