• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sound off about something

lil puff

Why do people walk so slow and all in the way until the elevator/train/cross the street and then suddenly speed up?

-Full elevator, there are 4 more. Why are you speeding up to it to put your hand in and open it back up. To save time? You want to be 3 seconds earlier? You walk like a snail, but want to save little bits of time at the last minute. F you.

-Unfocused on your phone slow walking on the train platform, walking past open train doors. When they close you suddenly stick your foot in the door and delay the train. Also, why do tourists get all the way ON the train, then ask for directions. Sort that shit out before hand. How does that not make sense? Bonus - sit dow and get up 2 stops later. Let someone else have that seat, F'r.

-How is it possible to walk so slow? Sometimes, I literally have to stop and let people get a few paces ahead so I can walk like a normal human. I am not even able to move my legs to match the speed of some people, it's more like this stutter step tippy toe. Sometimes I wish sidewalks had two lanes. Fast and slow. If you are getting knocked around, you are in the wrong lane.

-One last. I am tried of zigzagging across the sidewalk to avoid folks buried in their phones. I am going to stop doing it. If you are not looking up, you better be clutching your phone and don't blame me if I bump into you and you drop it. If you don't see me, I will not see you. Too bad.

Also on team "fuck my job" today. It came out yesterday that I'm the only fucker in my department with a college degree. And not only do I have one, I have two. And not only do they not have a degree, some of them are high school drop-outs.

I'm ridiculously overqualified for my position and I'm consistently the lowest paid person here, despite working the hardest. I'm so tired of being the person who busts their ass and does everything right just so that I can lose anyway. Tired of being taken advantage of.

lil puff

Also on team "fuck my job" today. It came out yesterday that I'm the only fucker in my department with a college degree. And not only do I have one, I have two. And not only do they not have a degree, some of them are high school drop-outs.

I'm ridiculously overqualified for my position and I'm consistently the lowest paid person here, despite working the hardest. I'm so tired of being the person who busts their ass and does everything right just so that I can lose anyway. Tired of being taken advantage of.
Similar. I find that many of the people are underqualified, so the burden is on me to compensate. What is really bad is when they get credit for the end product when all the heavy lifting was done by you.

I have had manager or boss' that actually prefers underqualified people, because they are insecure around professionals.

But don't feel bad. You are qualified and they aren't. They may think they are ok, but one day they may come across the wrong manager/job. Also feel confident that when/if you take vacation, they do realize the void.

You shouldn't be delving into what other people get paid. It can only end in heartache...

We're both hourly and receive bonus. Hourly is standard and dependent solely on how many years you've been with the company, so I have no beef with that. But... It's impossible to not know what other people's bonuses are, because if you close any deals for them, you have to add them to the sheet that tracks their deals that determines their bonus.

I'm treated like everyone's secretary. Most of the calls I take are for everyone else because I'm not allowed to refuse a call, and my coworkers abuse the system. My bonus lags by about a whopping $400 compared to others because of this. And that's per pay period.

lil puff

BANGS is correct, because if you wanted to make any formal complaint, you certainly could not base it around other's pay. It's about how you feel you are treated. Further, I would not even bring others into it at all, even if it's true (I have been there and it is a bad idea). It is simply that you feel you are overworked and undervalued.

Yup, ignorance is bliss with worker pay.

You have to channel it into knowing that wage is a possibility, and being able to sell yourself on your accomplishments to ask for more than what they are getting paid.

Make it positive, don't demoralize.

I don't plan on complaining at all. Ideally, I'd like to switch departments. We're going to be moving buildings soon, and the company will be expanding. I've already told the big boss that I'd like to transfer, and he says he has no problems with that, but we have to wait until we're settled in to the new place.

So basically my interactions with my boss have just devolved into:

My position just sucks for right now. Hopefully it'll get better soon.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
A massive pile of "fuck you" to the Close Door button on elevators. Either actually work when I press you or don't exist.

If I decide that I want that door closed, and you gave me the option to do it, don't put some artificial timer on when that button can work. If I'm choosing to be an inconsiderate dickbag, then let me. The illusion of power hurts my being.

And why the fuck would the timer on that thing be like a second before the doors would naturally close anyways?!

...and FOR THE RECORD, I essentially ONLY try and press that button when I KNOW no one is coming. But even then it's a pointless button.

Just WHAT in the FUCK is the use case where this button has any merit?!

BANGS

Banned
A massive pile of "fuck you" to the Close Door button on elevators. Either actually work when I press you or don't exist.

If I decide that I want that door closed, and you gave me the option to do it, don't put some artificial timer on when that button can work. If I'm choosing to be an inconsiderate dickbag, then let me. The illusion of power hurts my being.

And why the fuck would the timer on that thing be like a second before the doors would naturally close anyways?!

...and FOR THE RECORD, I essentially ONLY try and press that button when I KNOW no one is coming. But even then it's a pointless button.

In my experience, that button works well to skip stops... but I'm sure every elevator is different. I know exactly what you mean though and it is strange that the button is basically pointless...

brap

Banned
Fuck amazon for charging tax and shipping everything last minute because I don't have prime. I'll just order from a seller for a few bucks cheaper and get my stuff in a decent amount of time thank you very much :)
Also fuck all the sellers on there who sell used games as "collectible" or "very good" when it doesn't have the case, the case is broken, or there's gamestop stickers on the front of it. It should be mandatory to mention that shit.

Last edited:

BANGS

Banned
Fuck amazon for charging tax and shipping everything last minute because I don't have prime. I'll just order from a seller for a few bucks cheaper and get my stuff in a decent amount of time thank you very much :)
Also fuck all the sellers on there who sell used games as "collectible" or "very good" when it doesn't have the case, the case is broken, or there's gamestop stickers on the front of it. It should be mandatory to mention that shit.
Never buy anything used from Amazon. They don't describe shit on there. On ebay you can at least find good listings with tons of pics and info, amazon just has a one word description and a stock photo...

Parents at my daughters preschool can't park correctly. I want to scream at some of them.

"DID YOU EVEN TRY TO PARK WITHIN THE LINES! WOW YOU SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO DRIVE!"

I'll keep it clean here but yeah... the effort I would need to put in to park like they do is way more than correctly doing it.

brap

Banned
Never buy anything used from Amazon. They don't describe shit on there. On ebay you can at least find good listings with tons of pics and info, amazon just has a one word description and a stock photo...
Pretty much the only time I ever buy games used on there is if it's marked as Like New/Very Good and they give a lot of info about it. Can't hate on them too much because I just bought a copy of Haunting Ground in mint af condition for cheap plus the little sellers usually provide pics if you ask. But yeah ebay is a million times better. Was just trying to use my amazon credit up.

It's Jeff

Banned
Parents at my daughters preschool can't park correctly. I want to scream at some of them.

"DID YOU EVEN TRY TO PARK WITHIN THE LINES! WOW YOU SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO DRIVE!"

I'll keep it clean here but yeah... the effort I would need to put in to park like they do is way more than correctly doing it.

I think this topic is the perfect place for any number of traffic concerns. You're absolutely right, and I'd like to add some of the lunacy of speed through school zones during school hours. Absolutely terrifying - and I don't have any children.

Fbh

Having recently moved back to my home county.

FUCK all the assholes doing graffiti and spraying every fucking paintable surface on the city, doesn't matter if it's public transportation , walls, fences, light posts or anything else. It’s honestly the number one reason why streets in my city look like shit. And no, it’s not people doing art, it’s 99.9% ugly signatures.

MG_6552.jpg
This is how everything everywhere looks. And those white pillars were probably painted recently since they are usually also fully sprayed.

Monetary fines don’t do anything, most of these guys are young and don’t even have to money to pay them anyway. Instead, all of these idiots caught doing this shit should be sentenced to 200 hours of community service focused on erasing and painting over this crap. If it means that the majority of their weekend for the next several months will be spent on that then so be it

Graven

Slow walkers makes me go thermonuclear, do these people even have a purpose?

Last edited:

It's Jeff

Banned
Having recently moved back to my home county.

FUCK all the assholes doing graffiti and spraying every fucking paintable surface on the city, doesn't matter if it's public transportation , walls, fences, light posts or anything else. It’s honestly the number one reason why streets in my city look like shit. And no, it’s not people doing art, it’s 99.9% ugly signatures.

This is how everything everywhere looks. And those white pillars were probably painted recently since they are usually also fully sprayed.

Monetary fines don’t do anything, most of these guys are young and don’t even have to money to pay them anyway. Instead, all of these idiots caught doing this shit should be sentenced to 200 hours of community service focused on erasing and painting over this crap. If it means that the majority of their weekend for the next several months will be spent on that then so be it

I'm inclined to agree - I'm curious though. Is there any point when graffiti transcends to art?

cormack12

Gold Member
- People who drive passive aggressively because they have a dashcam and can tut as you undertake them while they crawl in the over taking lane;
- People who drive to the gym, and still park in the disabled spots because they are 10 metres closer to the door;
- People who have to park outside their intended location with disregard for (partial) blocking the road or road markings. Park sensibly and walk the extra 50 metres if need be you lazy bastards;
- How ominous music over conspiracy theory 'docs' makes people believe all kinds of shite;
- How we live in an age where the most information is accessible ever and people still don't take the time to read a number of sources before affirming an entrneched view from which they will not be swayed

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
People replacing the word “in” with “on”. It seems to be American driven (surprise). It started off slowly at first, with innocuous things like “I was on line” instead of “I was in line”, but now it’s at full-fledged ‘tard mode.

I’ve tried to trace the origin and the best I can find is that it started as an American East coast thing, I think.

It’s a dumb use of english.

Grinchy

Banned
People replacing the word “in” with “on”. It seems to be American driven (surprise). It started off slowly at first, with innocuous things like “I was on line” instead of “I was in line”, but now it’s at full-fledged ‘tard mode.

I’ve tried to trace the origin and the best I can find is that it started as an American East coast thing, I think.

It’s a dumb use of english.
I don't like "on line" either, but it's not like it's completely senseless. You and I imagine the people being the line, so you're "in line." Those people imagine everybody standing on an imaginary line on the ground, hence being "on line."

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I don't like "on line" either, but it's not like it's completely senseless. You and I imagine the people being the line, so you're "in line." Those people imagine everybody standing on an imaginary line on the ground, hence being "on line."
Like I said, it started off with that and it was sufferable, but now it is completely pervasive. Start paying attention and you can’t unhear it.

I’d give you an example, but my brain runs and hides when it pops its ugly head and refuses to retain such instances for fear of disease and infection.

lil puff

Slow walkers makes me go thermonuclear, do these people even have a purpose?
Person after my heart right here.

I fully admit I have an irrational fury over this type of person.

The only thing worse than a slow walker is one that is on their phone. Seriously? Walking up the stairs and you still gotta catch that last text? Sadly they are not slowing anyone else down, because EVERYONE else is doing it!

Don't get me started on the people that hold hands and block the way, or the folks that stop right on the dime right in front of you. I have learned to find the clearest path to walk, sometimes walking on the street or crossing it.

Mind you I do live in a congested city and a lot of them are tourists, so I understand they are in a more relaxed state than I. But in non-touristy areas, it still happens. It's probably that I'm just a more urgent kind of person due to my mindset from working at a high paced environment.

Fuck people who don't use the fucking turn signal.
Fuck people who can't fucking commit to driving fast after passing you. In Norway a lot of our roads are swingy two-lane (one lane in each direction obviously) roads and there's nothing more aggravating than morons passing you and then driving slower than you. It's hell trying to find a spot to pass with so many turns everywhere.
Also, fuck caravans or RVs on the road.

I mean, I'm generally chill, but behind the wheel I become a bastard who hates everyone.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Fuck people who don't know how their accelerator works. This includes not going when the light turns green, making slow left hand turns, not utilizing the acceleration lane to speed up faster than traffic so they can merge.

Also fuck idiots who leave excessive space between them and the next car at a stop light. If you can fit a car between you and the car ahead of you, pull up, fuckhead.

lil puff

Everytime I go to a store, why does it seem that it's always me that is in line behind the person that cannot just buy something and leave?

-Someone complaining that they did not get their 25 cents off.
-It's either someone buying 20 lottery tickets with 20 lists of numbers.
-Or the couple in line who is trying to use another currency, and then figuring out which credit they can use.
-At the bank someone trying to make some crazy transaction that shuts the queue down.
-Just this morning, I went in to get one RedBull. The only guy in front of me had -no lie- about 20 RedBulls and 3 packs of red Solo cups. Shit took all day. LOL, the cashier asked him "what kinda party are you going to?"

manfestival

The one I hate the most is the people who use their hazard lights in the rain. I always ask why they use them. I get the same dumb response from everyone... to warn people about the rain. If is raining, I am sure others around you are aware of it raining. It's illegal and people still try to justify their stupidity.

God Enel

Fuck this whole system.
I'm so fed up with all this bullshit I'm listening to daily by these stupid fucks at my job.. and that I'm the guy who gets the lowest wage although I have the highest degree (MSc). When my boss is saying that we're doing a good job then why the fuck are all the numbers going down and we've been sold to a much bigger company you fucking idiot? Wake the fuck up.

And fuck this whole system again. I have enough of all of these fucking egoistic people and there are more and more of them or did i just recently came to this realization..?! I'm not sure anymore if I was blind all the time or if it gets shittier on a daily basis.
Sometimes I feel like I was born in the wrong century. Everyone is acting nice but a lot of them are backstabbing bitches that only give a fuck about themselves. I don't want to participate in a society like that and its 100% against my moral. If you don't like me at least say it to my face.
Tyler Durden (the guy from fight club) was right all along. Earning money to buy shit we don't need. we're consuming ourself into stupidity and it seems that everyone is fine with it as if that is the purpose of life.

Rant over. It's 2 am and I have to wake up in less than 3 hours.

Fuck my life. If I had a choice to be born or not I sure as hell would have said to my father that he should jerk off in the shower.

It's Jeff

Banned
When I go to a restaurant by myself, stop trying to force me to the bar. Stop giving me that indignant attitude after I refuse your shitty table in the middle of the room. Just offer me a regular seat for God's sake.

TFGB

Fuck the inordinate amount of “ladies’ problems” TV ads on British TV, especially at dinner time when I’m trying to enjoy my meal.

I don’t want to know about Bacterial Vaginosis or how leaky your snatch is!

klosos

People with bad hygiene sitting next to me on the bus , Fuck those people

Also People who speak loudly on their phones in public places about there life issues , fuck those people

I wish more people would use the close door button as well. I can usually tell when I am waiting on the ground floor and no one is hitting that thing and just waiting for the doors to close themselves. In my building it speeds things up considerably but no one uses it.

Also slow walkers and people constantly looking at their cellphones are becoming a huge nuisance especially on the subway platform.

Last edited:

lil puff

Fuck this whole system.
I'm so fed up with all this bullshit I'm listening to daily by these stupid fucks at my job.. and that I'm the guy who gets the lowest wage although I have the highest degree (MSc). When my boss is saying that we're doing a good job then why the fuck are all the numbers going down and we've been sold to a much bigger company you fucking idiot? Wake the fuck up.

And fuck this whole system again. I have enough of all of these fucking egoistic people and there are more and more of them or did i just recently came to this realization..?! I'm not sure anymore if I was blind all the time or if it gets shittier on a daily basis.
Sometimes I feel like I was born in the wrong century. Everyone is acting nice but a lot of them are backstabbing bitches that only give a fuck about themselves. I don't want to participate in a society like that and its 100% against my moral. If you don't like me at least say it to my face.
Tyler Durden (the guy from fight club) was right all along. Earning money to buy shit we don't need. we're consuming ourself into stupidity and it seems that everyone is fine with it as if that is the purpose of life.

Rant over. It's 2 am and I have to wake up in less than 3 hours.

Fuck my life. If I had a choice to be born or not I sure as hell would have said to my father that he should jerk off in the shower.
You are not alone

lil puff

When I go to a restaurant by myself, stop trying to force me to the bar. Stop giving me that indignant attitude after I refuse your shitty table in the middle of the room. Just offer me a regular seat for God's sake.
That is awesome. ^

Go to an empty restaurant and order food and all the waiters look at you eating. Go do some work. This is why your place is empty. There are things you can do.

Top Bottom