• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sound off about something

God Enel

lil puff lil puff
I totally feel you the guys working get fucked in the ass while the whiny bitches get a free pass. Sad thing is no boss gives a fuck. They will let you work even harder as they know that the others don't/can't do shit.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I feel your pain. I work in academia, and often new PhD students, and even postdocs will give a presentation on something. Half the time they haven't even bothered to google their gene of interest, and I can spend 5 minutes on google deconstructing their hypothesis, or showing them that someone else already did it.

It's incredible how people can't think for themselves.

I also get people coming and asking me to fix/show/explain things. I didn't have someone like that throughout my career. I just figured it out by googling it, or thinking about it for 5 minutes.

To top it off, because I'm competent, I never get any support from the head of the lab. He introduces PhDs and postdocs to tons of different people, helps them set up collaborations and get assistance from experts. I'm left alone, and I do that stuff myself. I can do it, but it would be nice to have a little help from the boss once in a while, and not be left alone at a fairly critical stage of my career.
I can never tell whether he just doesn't like me enough to support me, or whether he trusts me to get on with it myself. I hope it's the latter, but it doesn't really help me.

I believe you. Demonstrate your competence by climbing the ladder. If not the ladder there, then the ladder elsewhere or in the private sector. You're dissatisfied because you're undervalued.

It's Jeff

Banned
Another work related.

In the middle of complex photoshop file:

"Hey, can you get this for me?" - The damn email is right there. It takes 1 minute.

"Print this out" - There are 5 other people here

"My email is not working" - Fucking call fucking IT then.

"I'm not that busy today" "Me neither it's been a slow week" - Why do I have a pile of 20 things here?

"Can you clean up this artwork?" - You worked on it. YOU clean it. I am sitting here doing my damn job. You aren't busy. Finish the work you started. Why are you here if you cannot execute a project?

"My scanner is not working" -sigh, gimme a sec. I google the answer for them in 5 min. Needs new driver.

"etc" - Etc! Lift a got damn finger! Is it too much?

What is this shit? When I started in my career, I was expected to be self sufficient, I was held accountable, I was expected to problem solve and use critical thinking. These things helped me become strong in my field. These days, people get hired who cannot do SHIT. So incompetent and no accountability at all. Every time these people have issues, they don't even try, they just whine. Meanwhile, they sit around a chat all day, no one bats an eye. Yet because I sit here diligently doing my work, and finishing properly - It means I have to take on 2-3 times the amount to compensate for what is not done quickly or properly.

What a miserable place to work, and the people here are lazy as shit, they are lucky to be handed their free jobs. No skill required. Anyways back to work :(

What always gets me about this situation is when nobody tries anything first before coming to you to fix it. I don't even care that you made things worse in the process because at least you tried something before tugging on my sleeve.

Just... try, please. Trying and failing is how you learn! That's okay! Making Jeff do it for you teaches you nothing except to bother Jeff.

lil puff

What always gets me about this situation is when nobody tries anything first before coming to you to fix it. I don't even care that you made things worse in the process because at least you tried something before tugging on my sleeve.

Just... try, please. Trying and failing is how you learn! That's okay! Making Jeff do it for you teaches you nothing except to bother Jeff.
My boss made me write up a guide that took me three days to make. It covered everything. I honestly do not think anyone read it, because I answer all the same questions.

I even get the what is ITs extension LOL

It's Jeff

Banned
My boss made me write up a guide that took me three days to make. It covered everything. I honestly do not think anyone read it, because I answer all the same questions.

I even get the what is ITs extension LOL

I had the privilege of working with my brother for about six months. He's bright, honest, hard working, and an instant learner... but his technique is brilliant in its simplicity. That boy has been playing dumb, convincingly, for seven years while quietly being the best employee in the whole company. If you can pull it off, it works.

lil puff

I had the privilege of working with my brother for about six months. He's bright, honest, hard working, and an instant learner... but his technique is brilliant in its simplicity. That boy has been playing dumb, convincingly, for seven years while quietly being the best employee in the whole company. If you can pull it off, it works.
i like where you went with this advice. It was hard for your brother, I'd bet. I'll keep this in mind.

It's Jeff

Banned
i like where you went with this advice. It was hard for your brother, I'd bet. I'll keep this in mind.

He goes out of his way to cover for other people when they need time off and he's always on time, files all the correct paperwork and that kind of stuff so they love his dependability and consistency. But he always hides how goddamn good he is from the coordinators so they don't make him do all the extra nonsense that nobody appreciates or pays you for.

It was bloody genius. Like performance art.

Greedings

I believe you. Demonstrate your competence by climbing the ladder. If not the ladder there, then the ladder elsewhere or in the private sector. You're dissatisfied because you're undervalued.
That's a fact. I feel it everyday.

I'm attempting to go independent by next year. It will be more difficult money-wise but at least I won't be undervalued.

It's Jeff

Banned
So look at this picture:
I7ekIE8.jpg

Went to a new donut place in my neighborhood this weekend. These are all Homer donuts, soaked in frosting and covered with stuff like fruity pebbles.

This goes for pizza places too. You have to make a good base pie before you worry about toppings at all. Here, you have to make a solid glazed or chocolate before you hit it with Heath Bar smoothie.

And these monstrosities cost me... 15 dollars. I think. The bill with a cup of coffee was 17.

Relativ9

Fuck upper management at multinationals. To cut costs my company let go of 20 people at my job a few months ago, including critical positions. Since then a number of us have had to work overtime to make up for it, and what did they just announce? To make up for the crippling workload they're going to start the hiring process for 15 new engineers, the once we had were fine thank you very much, zero foresight. I'm thinking about saying "fuck the money" and using my degree and taking a game design internship.

Last edited:

lil puff

We have a temp person at my job taking over for someone on vacation.
So she sits at the same PC, but she logs in with her own account.

All day long, she has had problems logging on to the email, but it kept logging onto the other girls email. I suggested that she restart the PC and login, since she hadn't done so. She was still logged into the other girls account, because you need to restart to get the prompt. (Or crtl-alt-delete, but that's too advanced!)

"Does not work, does not work, I shut down and restarted, still!" All day.

She calls the help desk and I overhear it. It turns out that she was logging in with the other girls account and that's why she can't get her own email.

You have got to be kidding me here.

It's Jeff

Banned
We have a temp person at my job taking over for someone on vacation.
So she sits at the same PC, but she logs in with her own account.

All day long, she has had problems logging on to the email, but it kept logging onto the other girls email. I suggested that she restart the PC and login, since she hadn't done so. She was still logged into the other girls account, because you need to restart to get the prompt. (Or crtl-alt-delete, but that's too advanced!)

"Does not work, does not work, I shut down and restarted, still!" All day.

She calls the help desk and I overhear it. It turns out that she was logging in with the other girls account and that's why she can't get her own email.

You have got to be kidding me here.

She sounds like a delight. Imagine being her husband and dealing with that every day. Terrifying.

It's Jeff

Banned
So one more picture here:
6C8PCQd.jpg

So if you want to chew three cans of Grizz a day, go ahead. Leaving behind a coffee cup full of human spit for me in the morning? That's vile. Fuck that.

Corderlain

Banned
I hate the whole normies reeee meme but I do agree with it. I hate that video games and the internet are things that everyone is into now.

jadedm17

Fuck the social media addicted : I'm only on Facebook but I did a check of one of my overloading friends and she was on every 20-40 minutes from sunrise to past sunset.

Fuck families and hardcore Christians : It's not accepting of how I live my life if you're telling me not having a kid or not believing in God means I'm living my life wrong; You'd be upset at me hanging outside Wal-Mart saying "You can live your life how you want but if I'm serious the true way is through not believing in God, you should start today and be saved!"

Fuck Funko pops! Every day I see more and more game dens increasing

/rant

Personally fuck toys, I'm sick of dusting the few I have, but hey your time is yours (just keep em clean). More fuck rare pops and the sick games they play to sell them.

Greedings

Fuck families and hardcore Christians : It's not accepting of how I live my life if you're telling me not having a kid or not believing in God means I'm living my life wrong; You'd be upset at me hanging outside Wal-Mart saying "You can live your life how you want but if I'm serious the true way is through not believing in God, you should start today and be saved!"

The thing is, these people are genuinely trying to help you. People aren't suggesting you have children because they want to piss you off, they suggest it because they get a tremendous amount of joy out of it. The same with Christians. They think they're saving your soul. Don't take it so hard!

I also used to hate Christians coming up to me and telling me how I could be happy. I thought it was ridiculous and judgemental, but once I realise they're just trying to help, I suddenly didn't get upset about it any more.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Fuck this clique mentality that everyone has today in political and social realms. Instead of being a sheep to an ideology and following the masses just so you can "fit into" a crowd, how about thinking for yourself? Whether you fall in either side, stop attacking each other over petty bullshit. At the end of the day I think everyone wants the same thing. A good looking spouse, a nice home, a decent car, a pretty good paying job, and to be healthy. So why the fuck is everyone attacking each other all the damn time. Scouring every word, every tweet, every email, every document, every column, every book, for some "GOT YA!" moment to try to "own" someone you feel you shouldn't like because other people told you that you shouldn't, and attack them and try to destroy them over petty bullshit. Then, these assholes have the fucking gall to turn around and act like they care about mental health.

Here's a fucking idea. If everyone wasn't so busy attacking teenaged girls about their prom dresses on social media for "culture appropriation" or ragging on dudes because they ate a fucking chicken sandwich in the month of June, or attack people because they aren't signing the appropriate types of songs for their nationality, then maybe less people would be suicidal. Did anyone ever stop to think that all this attacking and witch hunting has factors into the suicide rates? And people are stressed out all the damn time because they know they have to walk on egg shells because if they do one thing wrong and it hits the internet then people will try to destroy their lives forever. You are part of the problem. Have some compassion and start treating people better.

Fuck the healthcare system and everyone involved.

Fuck Gamestop and their selling used games as new because they're too fucking cheap to eat the cost of display copies and haven't figured out an alternative way to display games other than gutting a new copy.

Fuck millenials who think everything new is better and anything old is obsolete and fuck older generations who think everything from in "their day" was the best and everything new sucks. The answer is somewhere in the middle. Drop the ego in that everything from your era has to be the best.

Fuck micromanagers. Especially bosses. Just because you feel insecure that you aren't qualified enough for the position you hold or you feel threatened that those who work under you are smarter and more skilled than you doesn't mean you need to breathe down their necks over minutia.

Last edited:

God Enel

So one more picture here:
6C8PCQd.jpg

So if you want to chew three cans of Grizz a day, go ahead. Leaving behind a coffee cup full of human spit for me in the morning? That's vile. Fuck that.

Wtf man I would ask wtf is wrong with him/her.

Will never understand shit like that.

It's Jeff

Banned
Fuck this clique mentality that everyone has today in political and social realms. Instead of being a sheep to an ideology and following the masses just so you can "fit into" a crowd, how about thinking for yourself? Whether you fall in either side, stop attacking each other over petty bullshit. At the end of the day I think everyone wants the same thing. A good looking spouse, a nice home, a decent car, a pretty good paying job, and to be healthy. So why the fuck is everyone attacking each other all the damn time. Scouring every word, every tweet, every email, every document, every column, every book, for some "GOT YA!" moment to try to "own" someone you feel you shouldn't like because other people told you that you shouldn't, and attack them and try to destroy them over petty bullshit. Then, these assholes have the fucking gall to turn around and act like they care about mental health.

Here's a fucking idea. If everyone wasn't so busy attacking teenaged girls about their prom dresses on social media for "culture appropriation" or ragging on dudes because they ate a fucking chicken sandwich in the month of June, or attack people because they aren't signing the appropriate types of songs for their nationality, then maybe less people would be suicidal. Did anyone ever stop to think that all this attacking and witch hunting has factors into the suicide rates? And people are stressed out all the damn time because they know they have to walk on egg shells because if they do one thing wrong and it hits the internet then people will try to destroy their lives forever. You are part of the problem. Have some compassion and start treating people better.

Fuck the healthcare system and everyone involved.

Fuck Gamestop and their selling used games as new because they're too fucking cheap to eat the cost of display copies and haven't figured out an alternative way to display games other than gutting a new copy.

Fuck millenials who think everything new is better and anything old is obsolete and fuck older generations who think everything from in "their day" was the best and everything new sucks. The answer is somewhere in the middle. Drop the ego in that everything from your era has to be the best.

Fuck micromanagers. Especially bosses. Just because you feel insecure that you aren't qualified enough for the position you hold or you feel threatened that those who work under you are smarter and more skilled than you doesn't mean you need to breathe down their necks over minutia.

Good shit. If people worked on fixing the five feet in front of them before going ballistic on some culturally appropriated prom dress, this world would be so much nicer.

And Gamestop? A bag of baked dicks they can dine on.

ManGamesAreHard

Neo Member
In the showdown at the ok coral scene in the movie Tombstone, several angles representing the same shots by Doc Holiday are shown sequentially, making it seem as if he fired a double barrel shotgun three times, and his two six shooters ~20 times. People who notice this seem to instantly run to the comments section to post something to the effect of "fughin Hollywood, those guns don't fire that many times!!!111"

If you watch carefully, you see the shots fired in this order: one shotgun shell into the air to spook the horse, the second shell nearly ripping the man who was hiding behind the horse in half. Then this shot is shown from another angle, although as a continuity error he is holding the shotgun at his waist instead of to his shoulder.

The gunfight then focuses on other participants, and when we return to the good doctor he "slapfires" (likely not the right term, I don't shoot revolvers often) three rounds into another adversary. This scene is shown twice as well, making it seem like 6 shots were fired.

The next time we see Holiday, he provides supressing fire for his friends after one cowardly cowboy runs away to find a gun after begging for his life because he was unarmed. Doc runs near the window while pumping rounds into it via two pistols, one in each hand. He fires 3 from his right hand pistol, depleating it, and 4 from his left hand pistol (not in this order), leaving him two rounds, one of which is used to help finish off the last fighting opponent after his famous "you're a Daisy if you do/have" line. The "suppressing fire" is shown three times.

What I'm saying is I hate people who think the're so damn clever for counting shots (I and many others do this naturally without YouTubing about it), when in reality they're unable to grasp the concept movie editing

Anyway that's what I was mad about thanks for reading.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
Fuck Alex Jones! Anyone that thinks he is a creditable source is fucking retarded. But his memes are gold. “Turn the frogs gay” is the best dumb thing I’ve heard in a long time.

Greedings

Fuck Alex Jones! Anyone that thinks he is a creditable source is fucking retarded. But his memes are gold. “Turn the frogs gay” is the best dumb thing I’ve heard in a long time.

Ironically the gay frogs remark wasn’t far off. If you’re talking about a specific frog species in a specific location.
They weren’t “gay” but the pollution caused malec frogs to act more like female frogs, and in maybe 1% of cases caused the male frogs to develop into female frogs.

He is obviously a ridiculous person, but that comment was a pretty close to layman’s understanding of the data.

ManGamesAreHard

Neo Member
Ironically the gay frogs remark wasn’t far off. If you’re talking about a specific frog species in a specific location.
They weren’t “gay” but the pollution caused malec frogs to act more like female frogs, and in maybe 1% of cases caused the male frogs to develop into female frogs.

He is obviously a ridiculous person, but that comment was a pretty close to layman’s understanding of the data.

I think he says like 5 real things (gay frogs being one) and a million insane things to make the real ones seem crazy. Just my two cents.

Paasei

Based on my work:
- Fuck my new team leader, who is never around. Praises you to valhalla and beyond without knowing what the fuck I actually so.
- Fuck one of my colleagues who doesn't ever take initiative. Is slow as can be so whenever he's around the productivity reduces with - 2.

lil puff

Based on my work:
- Fuck my new team leader, who is never around. Praises you to valhalla and beyond without knowing what the fuck I actually so.
- Fuck one of my colleagues who doesn't ever take initiative. Is slow as can be so whenever he's around the productivity reduces with - 2.
Oh, the old "work from home" team leader that you never see you working while at work. Guess what, we hear you making hair and nail appointments the day before.

I hate the passive aggressive "oh did you get the email" or "I left this on your desk, did you see it?" which means "Why haven't you finished this for me yet?". Like I had nothing else to work on? Did you think I would drop everything? Sometimes I want to make the snarkiest remarks, but I have to bite my tongue.

"No I didn't see this paperwork sitting right in front of me. Stupid Bitch. So lets wait until I see it, then I'll get back to you small brained idiot"

It's Jeff

Banned
That's fucking nasty.
The Oral Cancer is strong with this one.

What amazes me is that most of the fellows around here that chew... swallow that shit.

For what the stuff does to the mouth I can't even imagine passing through the gut. A more painful bowel movement I couldn't fathom.

It's Jeff

Banned
The mention of initiative reminds of something else that gets on my nerves.

I ask where you'd like to go to dinner and you tell me that you don't care. I suggest a destination and you're opposed, but don't give a suggestion in return. You're more interested in turning down suggestions until I land on where you wanted to go in the first place.

Just say you want to go to the Olive Garden, man. Not that hard.

brett_me

Neo Member
I hate that I have to take a dump and I can't.

I also hate that my toilet exploded last night, and it took me 5 hours to clean up the water/get it to stop.

I also-er hate that I got so overexhausted that I havent slept in 24 hours, and I have to work in 3.

And to top it off; I smashed an $8 cigar that wasn't even half smoked with my autistic super strength during the toilet 'splosion.

Rant over. Yesterday was an unpleasant day.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I hate that I have to take a dump and I can't.

I also hate that my toilet exploded last night, and it took me 5 hours to clean up the water/get it to stop.

I also-er hate that I got so overexhausted that I havent slept in 24 hours, and I have to work in 3.

And to top it off; I smashed an $8 cigar that wasn't even half smoked with my autistic super strength during the toilet 'splosion.

Rant over. Yesterday was an unpleasant day.
You were smoking a stogie on the crapper?

brett_me

Neo Member
Florida's state laws on motorcycle licencing:

>Can't get a license without taking a safety course

>Can't take a safety course without a bike

>Can't get the bike to the safety course without wait for it...

A license.
Durrr

It's Jeff

Banned
Florida's state laws on motorcycle licencing:

>Can't get a license without taking a safety course

>Can't take a safety course without a bike

>Can't get the bike to the safety course without wait for it...

A license.
Durrr

There's no way you're reporting this without having to negotiate local bureaucratic fuckery. You have my condolences.

brett_me

Neo Member
There's no way you're reporting this without having to negotiate local bureaucratic fuckery. You have my condolences.
They're trying so hard to force me into buying/registering a car which a ban can't afford right now.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

Fuck upper management at multinationals. To cut costs my company let go of 20 people at my job a few months ago, including critical positions. Since then a number of us have had to work overtime to make up for it, and what did they just announce? To make up for the crippling workload they're going to start the hiring process for 15 new engineers, the once we had were fine thank you very much, zero foresight. I'm thinking about saying "fuck the money" and using my degree and taking a game design internship.

You're going to turn down money because of excessive crunch, to get an internship in an industry, that is notorious for terrible crunch?

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I think the people who respond to someone’s post directly, but neglect to actually quote that person’s post, are dumb, lazy people. Top tier oxygen wasters.

Relativ9

You're going to turn down money because of excessive crunch, to get an internship in an industry, that is notorious for terrible crunch?

Yeah but it'll be a job I'm actually passionate about. I have an interview for a paid internship in game design today actually, it means moving to Germany and completely changing careers, but I'm a network engineer completely by accident, I'd love to be what I actually care about because I persued it.

Controlled opposition .

Either I'm living in the matrix or the majority of people do not see the complete BS in front of them. Not to get too political but , we are constantly barraged by the left/right paradigm. We were FED Hillary or Trump. And you can see the craziness everywhere. Does anyone really believe that these were the top two picks our nation had to offer? The best and the brightest ? Or did the media pick which candidates they would cover and work to pin them against eachother as the face for their respective parties? Lobbying , campaign money, corporate interests all play into this.

Red /Blue -Left/right-conservative/progressive.

It's a sham. People feel forced to pick a side, and both sides say "if you're not with us you're against us".

What ever happened to standing together? What ever happened to humanity? What ever happened to unity? Our leaders "elect" have preached division for far too long and we are suffering for falling for it.

You see it everywhere as plain as day.
"Reeeeeee", "cucks", "libtards", "trumptards", snowflakes, republicants, etc.

The forefathers of what made this country great would be rolling in their graves.

Last edited:

MC Safety

I got turned away at the movie theater -- no lie -- because I was carrying my backpack. The amusing thing is this happened on "Mom and Me" day when 50 or so moms with strollers and all manner of oversized bags went to watch whatever yenta film was being shown.

I could have made a stink, but I got a refund instead. It's not a big issue, but I don't ever want to frequent a movie chain that treats people like criminals. So now I have to find a new movie theater because my old one is an ass.

Orpheum

Fuck people who can't make any plans whatsoever. They much rather keep their options open and only act "spontaneously" It's honestly pissing me off when i ask people to hang out and all i get is "maybe, i don't know yet, i'll decide spontaneously" just fucking tell me if you have time and motivation to do something with me. If not, fine, if yes, cool! Just fucking TELL ME

It's Jeff

Banned
Controlled opposition .

Either I'm living in the matrix or the majority of people do not see the complete BS in front of them. Not to get too political but , we are constantly barraged by the left/right paradigm. We were FED Hillary or Trump. And you can see the craziness everywhere. Does anyone really believe that these were the top two picks our nation had to offer? The best and the brightest ? Or did the media pick which candidates they would cover and work to pin them against eachother as the face for their respective parties? Lobbying , campaign money, corporate interests all play into this.

Red /Blue -Left/right-conservative/progressive.

It's a sham. People feel forced to pick a side, and both sides say "if you're not with us you're against us".

What ever happened to standing together? What ever happened to humanity? What ever happened to unity? Our leaders "elect" have preached division for far too long and we are suffering for falling for it.

You see it everywhere as plain as day.
"Reeeeeee", "cucks", "libtards", "trumptards", snowflakes, republicants, etc.

The forefathers of what made this country great would be rolling in their graves.

You're not alone on this. I'll say it again, we get the candidates we deserve, not the ones we want. If our candidate does something shitty, we wave it off because this is our guy. Next time around, we let it slide because we set a precedent.

Expect more. Demand more. Never let transgressions go because you're on one team or the other. Why? Because when you do, you get a gimmick in the the White House. Stunt casting. Don't accept mediocrity. Your vote is the highest power you have, so don't waste it on somebody that doesn't represent you.

Ogbert

It frustrates me that young people seem to the think that democracy is supposed to get them what they want.

Top Bottom