• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park Snow Day Announced - Coming in 2024 | THQ Nordic 2023 Showcase

Draugoth

Gold Member

THQ Nordic South Park game revealed, co-op mujltiplayer. coming 2024. South Park Snow Day

F3Rblg6agAIWFcM

F3RbiuFaoAA8UXl

F3RbnKeagAUS94V

Last edited:
I love everything South Park, at times obsessively over the past 25 years, but this looks fucking awful.

Last edited:

CamHostage

Wtf, they nailed the art style with Stick of Truth and Fractured But Whole

Different developer, different publisher, different game genre. Different "they".

It's unclear if THQ Nordic re-acquired the rights to South Park or if South Park Digital is its own producer/licensee and can dole out rights to separate publishers? (Kind of like Marvel Games.) If that were the case then the Ubisoft RPG line might not be dead. But in either case, this was never going to be South Park RPG #3, it was always going to be a unique take on the brand.

Good idea or bad idea to go this direction with a new South Park game, we can talk about that...

Last edited:

CamHostage

its not the 3d its the fact its a co op multiplayer game. we just wanted another RPG.

We did?

The RPGs turned out shockingly well twice (especially after Obsidian didn't do the second one, ) but "RPG" was always a weird fit for South Park that only worked because of the quality. You can't guarantee that will hold up forever. (And you certainly can't guarantee quality on a THQ Nordic budget...)

Also, the work that had to go into the South Park RPGs must have been major for Parker and Stone. Tons of lines, tons of writing/approvals, tons of recording, most of it on thise two guys. I was always surprised they did to 2x, and not surprised for this game they appear to have gone with a less demanding action concept.

phant0m

thq really taking the netflix approach and just greenlighting whatever the fuck gets pitched, eh?

stick of truth was an awesome game

Sethbacca

So is this an RTS or a MOBA or something? I mean it doesn't look great, but it doesn't look terrible either. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing something ages ago about how Parker and Stone are involved in every game after the early years so it may be fun.

Top Bottom