• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park Snow Day Announced - Coming in 2024 | THQ Nordic 2023 Showcase

giphy.gif

MiguelItUp

I'd accept the different excuse if it weren't a co op multiplayer.

so many genres out there and yet they set their eyes on a co op multiplayer game. How specific..... could surely JUST be a coincidence
I meant different from the Ubisoft game, so not another RPG. I have no idea why they went this route, it's a weird path to take for sure, lol.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
it's a weird path to take for sure, lol.
I was implying they wanted to make a live service you dingus, you're not a dingus sorry
Multiplayer of any kind these days seems to want to take this path.

A "different game" could mean a platformer, racing game, action RPG instead of turn based, rhythm, strategy game, etc. Literally anything.

A multiplayer game as a "different path", with all the GAAS stuff that's beeen coming out recently... it honestly makes too much sense. And them not sticking to the show's original artstyle and trying to market that cheap look as a selling point (SOUTH PARK IN 3D!!! as if anyone ever wanted that in the first place when the paper animation style was one of the show's biggest draws....) just shows it's a cheap Co op live service junk game that they quickly made to cash in.

Worse when you consider the whole episode they made exclusively to dump on freemium... this is just freemium but you pay for it.

Last edited:

Jsisto

Don’t care much for this, but I won’t allow anyone to trash talk the South Park N64 game. Was an incredibly fun multiplayer shooter. My friends and I played the hell out of it.

MiguelItUp

I was implying they wanted to make a live service you dingus, you're not a dingus sorry
Multiplayer of any kind these days seems to want to take this path.

A "different game" could mean a platformer, racing game, action RPG instead of turn based, rhythm, strategy game, etc. Literally anything.

A multiplayer game as a "different path", with all the GAAS stuff that's beeen coming out recently... it honestly makes too much sense. And them not sticking to the show's original artstyle and trying to market that cheap look as a selling point (SOUTH PARK IN 3D!!! as if anyone ever wanted that in the first place when the paper animation style was one of the show's biggest draws....) just shows it's a cheap Co op live service junk game that they quickly made to cash in.

Worse when you consider the whole episode they made exclusively to dump on freemium... this is just freemium but you pay for it.
Hahaha, you're good! I wasn't even thinking of that because it just looks... not appealing enough to be one? Lol. Who knows though! Regardless, of all the things they could've done, it really is bizarre that they chose this.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
I honestly don't know how they went from a tried and true formula, to this cash grab shitfest. The RPG style games were the closest you can get to an actual episode of South Park. They were genius, hilarious, fun and the truest form of an actual South Park Episode.

ElRenoRaven

Don’t care much for this, but I won’t allow anyone to trash talk the South Park N64 game. Was an incredibly fun multiplayer shooter. My friends and I played the hell out of it.
That game was so fun as a kid. I remember hanging out at my cousin's house playing it. Man to be in late teen's early 20's again. such a good time gaming wise.

Fermbiz

Gold Member

"Yea I want my Cheesy Poofs".

I loved playing Cartman in South Park 64.

Ozzie666

So, you buy up all these studios and IPS and this is what you put out. Absolute trash that no one wants for this franchise. This is like LJN of the 8 bit and 16-bit license bargain bin shovel ware day all over again.

Also, the intro on the original N64 game, still blows me away and still holds up today.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
I'll wait until I fully judge dredd this.. it'll be hard to top stick of truth and Fractured Butthole..

Last edited:

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
I'm gathering it's a co-op multiplayer game meant to be played indefinitely?

Yeah, comedy is going to work really well in a game where you're replaying the same levels again and again. No way those one-liners are going to get old.

Vandole

There really wasn't enough shown to determine if this game is going to be a piece of crap or not, but I'm getting the toilet paper ready.

DryvBy

I'm not even going to pretend I'm not going to get this day one. I mean I own Chef's Luv Shack and that kart racing game.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I don’t really know what the gameplay is like, and the character models look kinda dumb, but I’m lowkey excited to see a fully rendered South Park town. I hope you get to explore a bit.

I dunno, I’ll probably give it a chance. I don’t think it looks as bad as most of you are whining about it.

mdkirby

I don’t think my excitement level for a game have ever dropped so fast or so far from a +10 to a -100 in less than 10seconds. What an absolutely wasted opportunity. And now it’ll be the best part of a decade until we see another actually decent South Park game 🤦‍♂️. I would be very surprised if this doesn’t absolutely bomb on release.

DaGwaphics

I can say right off, I hate this art style for this IP. Why not recreate the flatter 2D styling of the reference material? But, I guess they figure that is a feature.

With that out of the way, I'll keep an eye on it. The low-brow humor of this series can be great in a game if done well.

Last edited:

Mowcno

Still don't think it's going to be a good game but the new trailer looks way better than what they showed before.

ElRenoRaven

Yup. Still looks like shit. Such a shame too. Give us another South Park RPG like Stick of Truth or Fractured But Whole. Not this garbage.

Top Bottom