• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Hawk269

I have the PC collectors edition in-bound, does the game disc that comes with it have a code to just download it from Steam if I want to do that instead?

Milennia

What's the deal on the abilities? Do the super spaceman samurai offer anything besides a skin like the fellowship pack does?

Superhero Costume: Buffs at Start of Combat
Samurai Costume: Buffs when you Defeat an Enemy
Spaceman Costume: Emergency Shields

Thats what those do.
The gamestop exclusive bonus costumes.
(Lol at the samurai one)

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I have the PC collectors edition in-bound, does the game disc that comes with it have a code to just download it from Steam if I want to do that instead?

It's steamworks, so yea. You can't play it without steam.

I swear everytime I walk into a Kmart there's like 4 people in the entire store, how do they survive?

Every time I walk into a K-Mart I feel like I traveled back in time to 1997.

Kmart used to constantly do these great gift card promotions to get gamers to venture into their stores. Amazon and Walmart would match. Now you don't see that very often. Something changed in the fall/winter of 2013.

I swear everytime I walk into a Kmart there's like 4 people in the entire store, how do they survive?

It's like AOL: Surprised they still even exist. Used to go to K-Mart in the early/mid '90s. Then we moved to Colorado in 1997, and on top of not regularly going there, the big thing I noticed is that they all closed down. Haven't been there since 1998 or so.

13 hours is perfect for me. Just like a long ass episode. Plus I see myself playing through multiple times.

Pretty much this. It takes me roughly a month or so to get through your typical ~10hr campaigns you see these days so I'm fine with 13 hrs. I was kind of hoping it would be closer to 20 but at this point I'm just glad the thing is finally releasing.

I guess the main reason I was hoping for a longer game is because this whole thing seemed to be pretty draining on Stone and Parker and something tells me we won't be seeing another one, so I'd rather get the most out of this game as I can.

Kmart used to constantly do these great gift card promotions to get gamers to venture into their stores. Amazon and Walmart would match. Now you don't see that very often. Something changed in the fall/winter of 2013.
The guy who ran those promotions left the company. He was very active in trying to make Kmart into a place people would associate with buying video games. Those deals were great. I got lots of cheap games that way. I felt bad for him though because he really pushed corporate to get him those deals and the stores themselves were in such disarray that they'd never have new releases out on time, and never be informed about the deals. His project was doomed to fail since at the store level no one gave a shit.

Milennia

The guy who ran those promotions left the company. He was very active in trying to make Kmart into a place people would associate with buying video games. Those deals were great. I got lots of cheap games that way. I felt bad for him though because he really pushed corporate to get him those deals and the stores themselves were in such disarray that they'd never have new releases out on time, and never be informed about the deals. His project was doomed to fail since at the store level no one gave a shit.

Yea i got mass effect 2 ps3 and LbP2 for 40$ each on launch day, yet the dude behind the counter had to override the system and i had to show him the deal because they hadn't heard anything about it.

Oh I got cussed at once over this stuff. I'm very polite and not an aggressive person (in an unnecessary way at least) so it wasn't like I was being rude. I just left and I haven't been back since. I loved it when Amazon matched them as I am a Amazon guy at heart. BTW, Dying Light has a 10 buck preorder credit on Amazon I think. It is the only upcoming game that I'm aware of with such a deal in place.

Oh I got cussed at once over this stuff. I'm very polite and not an aggressive person (in an unnecessary way at least) so it wasn't like I was being rude. I just left and I haven't been back since. I loved it when Amazon matched them as I am a Amazon guy at heart. BTW, Dying Light has a 10 buck preorder credit on Amazon I think. It is the only upcoming game that I'm aware of with such a deal in place.

it seems like most places have stopped doing preorder promos or even release deals. Man I still remember a few years back where amazon was giving like $10 credit for preorders

Eusis

it seems like most places have stopped doing preorder promos or even release deals. Man I still remember a few years back where amazon was giving like $10 credit for preorders
Games always had razor thin margins and the likely end game is that you consider it THE place to go, period. Just as that Kmart guy clearly intended, and Amazon actually succeeded in (though they reinforced that by getting more LEs... though the recent shipping conditions make GameStop more appealing there.)

FrankWza

Superhero Costume: Buffs at Start of Combat
Samurai Costume: Buffs when you Defeat an Enemy
Spaceman Costume: Emergency Shields

Thats what those do.
The gamestop exclusive bonus costumes.
(Lol at the samurai one)

Thanks. So for in game boost the fellowship pack is more appealing I guess.

Hey SlasherJPC, I'm at
Randy trying to teach me the sneak fart in the bathroom
and I can't figure out how to do it. Any tips?

A bit of an odd question, but does anybody know if the copy of the game that comes with the Grand Wizard edition is identical to the retail one? Bestbuy.ca NEVER gets shit to me on time but I really want to play this on release day and would gladly pull the classic "buy one at the store and return the one I get in the mail" trick if I could.

Milennia

A bit of an odd question, but does anybody know if the copy of the game that comes with the Grand Wizard edition is identical to the retail one? Bestbuy.ca NEVER gets shit to me on time but I really want to play this on release day and would gladly pull the classic "buy one at the store and return the one I get in the mail" trick if I could.

Same copy yeah.

Eusis

So my Amazon order did go through afterall.

Yeah, anyone that ordered there and wants to start pre-loading should check their libraries, though I got an email anyway.

Can anyone tell me why people are saying the PS3 version has problems? I preordered the CE, but now Im worried it might suck to play on the PS3.

imjust1n

Banned
you know what, this game is short for an rpg game so what. Go back to playing Skyrim.
This is a South Park Game not Fallout 3. I think 15 hours is perfect plus plat will take longer.

Are you seeing the invisible cloud you can move? Set it off behind him if I recall right.

weird it wasn't showing the invible one to move around during the training, so I was trying to follow that analog graph deal, but I lucked out passing it and using it on the guards us so much easier than the tutorial.

Top Bottom