• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soylent 2.0 announced: Ready to Drink bottles, 29 dollars for 12 bottles, Vegan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I have been doing the caffeine variety pack for about a month instead of lunch. Pretty fucking good. I don't feel hungry that often but when I got busy at work my stress eating spiked hard.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Another coupon deal for 35% off Amazon and 45% off on Soylents site for Ordered a vanilla on Amazon. Can't decide if I should get another cacao on the Soylent site or try Coffee or Chai.

Nelo Ice

Banned
The vanilla is so fucking nasty tasting. I love the cacao, though.
Ahh well cancelled the order anyway since I didn't want to burn my credits/GC on the order lol. Gues I'll go with chai or coffee. Then cacao for the other. Figure I should have one normal soylent and one with caffeine.

aeolustl

So I have only tried Coffiest before.
This time I am buying the powder one because I don't want use that many bottles, but do you guys have any recommendation for the mix? Maybe like any juice?

shira

So I have only tried Coffiest before.
This time I am buying the powder one because I don't want use that many bottles, but do you guys have any recommendation for the mix? Maybe like any juice?

It tastes fine as is. Ice or a banana/berries.
What would you put in your Cheerios or smoothie?

Check any 12 pack on Amazon andclick the option to apply the coupon. The soylent site has it listed on the front page but apply MEALDEAL to any subscription order.

45% off a new sub. That is a very good deal

Nelo Ice

Banned
Ordred Chai off the soylent site. And will just go with cacao off Amazon. As long as the coupon offers keep coming I can totally justify the extra flavors once in awhile. Otherwise I'll stick to original anytime there isn't a coupon.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Can I get a direct Amazon link to whatever you recommend? I'm only seeing 20% off there.

Also, the subscription is easy to cancel right?

Has to be a 12 pack or 2.3lb original powder based on the SD post and here are the links(manually linked them rather than copy and past SD ref links).

Original:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EUEIL3E/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Cacao
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EUEIL3E/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Coffee
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IRFB0G2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Chai
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IRFB0G2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Vanilla
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0711N141P/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Powder
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071F4Z16T/?tag=neogaf0e-20

And yep you can cancel after your order ships. Just click on subscribe & save under your account.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/subscribe-and-save/myd/subscriptionList?shipId=jlmloqlqtip

mantidor

Ok I hope I'm not the only non-american shocked about Soylent Green being an actual product and for so long, the running joke about it being made of people is so prevalent on the internet I for sure thought this could not possibly be a real product, or that even if it were it could not have survived that kind of publicity.

Cerium

Has to be a 12 pack or 2.3lb original powder based on the SD post and here links(manually linked them rather than copy and past SD ref links).
Thanks, subbed to Cacao on Amazon because I don't want caffeine.

Hope it lives up to the hype.

Ok I hope I'm not the only non-american shocked about Soylent Green being an actual product and for so long, the running joke about it being made of people is so prevalent on the internet I for sure thought this could not possibly be a real product, or that even if it were it could not have survived that kind of publicity.

They named it after the movie lol.

It's actually made of algae and not people.

Ottaro

Well, I mean, no one assumes something would actually be made of people so I don't see what the problem would be. It's just sort of goofy. If anything it has probably helped build name recognition.

./revy

Banned
It says each bottle is 20% of your daily nutritional need, so I would assume 5.

You do not want to do that. Unless you want to have the most awful gas all the time.

I buy the 36 pack and subsitute a meal a day with it. Generally lunch for me since I tend to work through my lunch period. My daily food schedule is something like

600cal Breakfast > 200 cal snack > 400cal Soylent > 200cal snack > 600cal dinner > 200cal snack

The snacks generally being yogurt, vegetables, peanut butter, or protein shakes. The dinner usually being a meal I can make and have leftovers throughout the week. I end up spending about 2 hours cooking per week not counting the 20 min breakfast each day (eggs + oatmeal). Massive boost in my productivity.

ShyMel

My nectar subscription was finally canceled yesterday. Hopefully, the new flavor goes up soon since I am interested in hearing more about it.

jph139

I've been considering trying Soylent for a while and I figure, at ~2 bucks a bottle, wouldn't hurt to try. Will be nice to have a quick and easy meal if I don't have the time/energy to make lunch or dinner.

Tenck

I've been considering trying Soylent for a while and I figure, at ~2 bucks a bottle, wouldn't hurt to try. Will be nice to have a quick and easy meal if I don't have the time/energy to make lunch or dinner.

If you end up enjoying the flavors they're really awesome. Pop one open and drink 400kcal when you need a quick meal. Definitely changed how often I would go out and eat.

Cerium

Alright I tried my first bottle today and I'm impressed! It goes down smooth, it's surprisingly filling, and I feel great after drinking it. Digests really nicely. I'm definitely going to incorporate this into my life.

What's the most cost efficient way to get this stuff? I assume buying the powder in bulk? Someone advise me.

I want the Cacao flavor, no caffeine.

Clawww

Alright I tried my first bottle today and I'm impressed! It goes down smooth, it's surprisingly filling, and I feel great after drinking it. Digests really nicely. I'm definitely going to incorporate this into my life.

What's the most cost efficient way to get this stuff? I assume buying the powder in bulk? Someone advise me.

I want the Cacao flavor, no caffeine.

Powder only comes in original, but it's the cheapest. Price doesn't scale with bulk orders, although an Amazon subscription provides a discount.

I really wish they would make flavored powder. I know you can make your own mixes but it's really hard to make a good tasting mix.

Anyway whats the general consensus on Chai?

Zackat

I really wish they would make flavored powder. I know you can make your own mixes but it's really hard to make a good tasting mix.

Yeah I would just keep the powder at work and shake one up when I want to eat it. That was the plan in getting the powder but I really didn't like it.

Chai is good, but I am not the largest fan of Chai in the first place. If you like Chai you will really like it.

Skittles

Chai is amazing as long as you don't hate Chai. Actually tastes better than Cocoa to me

GhaleonEB

I mix the powder with powdered peanut butter (we get this pack which has a variety with cocoa in it). (Two tablespoons, which adds 50 calories.)

It blends in smoothly, adds protein and makes it taste like a peanut butter shake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom