• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Special counsel is investigating Trump for possible obstruction of justice, officials

History so far. Everytime something new comes out against trump people say "this is it, THIS will get him" and it never does. Its handwaved away, and hes back on twitter like nothing happened, or telling the world how its all a witch hunt.

hes untouchable.

Said this in multiple threads now, but impeachment is not a hard set law, but a political opinion.

The only thing that will cause Congress to impeach the president is a belief that he is a harm to their own voting popularity and self interests. They have no moral or legal compulsion to impeach a Republican president currently. Saying "it's nothing" is circular and self-defeating; if they believe it will not harm them, they will do nothing. The only way to convince Congress to act is to express your displeasure in the admins actions, either through social pressure (town halls, calling your local rep, volunteering, marching) or voting. That is how democracy works. We don't get to just throw our hands in the air or drag the president away in cuffs when things don't work out the way we want. It's unrealistic to expect a faster timeline than this, it took years to garner the evidence and political support to oust Nixon.

Each new revelation is a smaller part of a larger story, one that will likely conclude with Mueller's full investigation findings. The WH doesn't have to respond to media leaks of the investigation as they happen - these are "facts" until officially confirmed on record by things like Yates', Sessions', and Comey's testimony. Each revelation is more damning than the last, and the only reason we are seeing it played out in the media so far ahead of the official testimony is because a good chunk of the WH staff and IC hate the lies coming out of his mouth (and keyboard) every other day.

Best of all, it's working. Trump somehow manages to embarrass and incriminate himself further each time another scandalous story about his admin releases. His approval ratings are historically low and political pressure has already effectively neutered two of his highest cabinet picks (Flynn/Sessions). The FBI investigation has now expanded to his personal financial dealings (an avenue of inquiry he previously tried to shut off by firing a prosecutor in NY), a self inflicted wound caused by Trump firing the FBI director to make this story go away. We've now got fresh reports that Trump tried to exert similar pressure on the CIA and NSA. This is the furthest thing from "nothing". People who are untouchable don't strongly consider firing the people investigating them on multiple occasions in the same year.

Trump will not be impeached. That much is clear at this point.

Doesn't matter how many pictures of jenga you post, this whole thing is a leftist wet dream at this point.

jiiikoo

Banned
ukU6SYg.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/875321478849363968

He just keeps on digging / setting up that rope. Attacking IC and Mueller directly, not smart man.
Not sure it can be called a WITCH HUNT If the things you're accused of are true.. 😯

RPGCrazied

Wasn't Nixon really defensive against his allegations at the time? And of course he was guilty.

If Trump isn't guilty of anything, why act this way? Something is wrong with this picture.

Doesn't matter how many pictures of jenga you post, this whole thing is a leftist wet dream at this point.

If he seriously threatens republicans election chances and republican support for him falls below 50% you can bet they seriously consider it. There are enough them who don't give a fuck about then as long as they get to fuck over Americans.

Sometimes I wish I could live in his world. Just to see what it's like to deny everything because you don't like it.
Just pretend you only get your news from Fox News/Breitbart/etc and you'll be there. They're running interference for the admin almost 24/7. It's frightening as hell.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member

If it's the left's wet dream that he gets impeached, then it's just as much as wet dream for people like you to have to constantly remind us that nothing will happen, as you say.

Just shut up, seriously.

If financial crimes come to light, it is possible that Trump could be arrested by state or local police.

Precedent was set when President Grant was arrested for speeding.

ukU6SYg.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/875321478849363968

He just keeps on digging / setting up that rope. Attacking IC and Mueller directly, not smart man.

Forget impeachment.

At this rate, he's on pace to have a nervous breakdown by the end of the year.

He's showing a complete lack of discipline even when it causes serious consequences to his own self-interests. He has the temperament and self-control of a 5 year-old. I can't imagine how Trump will begin to behave if the walls begin to close around him even further. Clearly his handlers are completely incapable of stopping Trump from his worst instincts. Trump simply doesn't trust anyone of them to defend him properly.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
A small part of me wants him to stop tweeting.
But a larger part of me wants him to keep going as he's only giving himself more rope.

The GOP talking points won't help much either now that they leaked and everyone is prepared to take them on. I kind of want someone to pull a Joseph Joestar.

"The real story here is-"
"Next you'll say 'the leakers and how they need to be arrested'. Am I right?"
"-the leakers and how they need to be arrested. WHAT?!"

Forget impeachment.

At this rate, he's on pace to have a nervous breakdown by the end of the year.

He's showing a complete lack of discipline even when it causes serious consequences to his own self-interests. He has the temperament and self-control of a 5 year-old. I can't imagine how Trump will begin to behave if the walls begin to close around him even further. Clearly his handlers are completely incapable of stopping Trump from his worst instincts. Trump simply doesn't trust anyone of them to defend him properly.
Chris Cuomo had a really good point... this is less than 24 hours after one of his party’s congressmen was almost killed and is in critical condition... and a few hours after he called for unity and to remember people come here to serve country.

Now he said Mueller is deeply troubled and on a witch hunt.

If you hadn’t realized the depth of this mans ego and selfishness, read that sentence again

He clarified that he's only talking about political witch hunts. You know, because otherwise he would look bad.
There were political aspects to the Salem witch hunts. ;)

DCX

DCX
He was right guys.

Donny Trump has accomplished more in less time than any other President in history!

DCX

Easy_D

never left the stone age
With the amount of sheer disrespect Trump showed the Khan family I expect him to go after Mueller's military service any second now.

Dude called McCain weak for being in a POW camp, he has absolutely zero respect or concern for the well-being of people who aren't himself.

Steel

Banned
With the amount of sheer disrespect Trump showed the Khan family I expect him to go after Mueller's military service any second now.

"I mean, what kinda soldier is proud of being shot? Isn't that what the Purple Heart is? Mueller is a loser."

DonShula

Chris Cuomo had a really good point... this is less than 24 hours after one of his party’s congressmen was almost killed and is in critical condition... and a few hours after he called for unity and to remember people come here to serve country.

Now he said Mueller is deeply troubled and on a witch hunt.

If you hadn’t realized the depth of this mans ego and selfishness, read that sentence again

There were political aspects to the Salem witch hunts. ;)

He checked the box by going to the hospital with his wife. See, he cares! I can't believe that was a talking point last night. "Look, he acted human for 15 minutes. How unifying he is."

Side note: Chris Cuomo is on a tear lately debating with his guests. Consistently asks good questions and points out hypocrisy. Makes the talking heads dance. I like it.

Mirk

A small part of me wants him to stop tweeting.
But a larger part of me wants him to keep going as he's only giving himself more rope.

The GOP talking points won't help much either now that they leaked and everyone is prepared to take them on. I kind of want someone to pull a Joseph Joestar.

"The real story here is-"
"Next you'll say 'the leakers and how they need to be arrested'. Am I right?"
"-the leakers and how they need to be arrested. WHAT?!"

As much as I would love this no news stations will have the balls to do it. They are all going to act like the talking points didn't leak and that every view point deserves to be heard.

Clefargle

Well then we should obvious just close this thread, poligaf, the left wing, and any other place for discussing trump.

Top Bottom