• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Special counsel is investigating Trump for possible obstruction of justice, officials

People said firing Comey would be nearly impossible. Nothing is off the table for Donald.

I don't know who said that. Trump could fire Comey himself at anytime for any reason. People may have thought it would be incredibly stupid but it wasn't nearly impossible.

Snwaters

Trump legal team pushes back at report Special Counsel Mueller looking at evidence of possible obstruction against @realDonaldTrump
DCUNxR2XkAAMJ56.jpg

https://twitter.com/KellyO/status/875120848436432896

That quote doesn't say it's untrue though...

Hey, lets ask McCain what he thinks about this.

Probably something along the lines of "But then why isn't Hillary investigated for obstruction of justice?"

Elandyll

Banned
But Comey assured him THREE time's he wasn't personally under investigation!!!!
It's funny how the proxys always forget to add the context "personally, and as of the time of his firing", like having his campaign investigated easn't bad enough, and the fact that he is very likely to come under investigation at any moment.

John Bohner: "Fuck, I had it really bad with the Teapartists and Cruz, but I'm so glad I don't have to deal with this shit".

Chumley

Banned
Because of how stupid it would be... not because of power.

Unless rosenstein is lying...trump can't do it.

I don't believe Rosenstein for a second. If Trump came in there and demanded he fire him, he'd do it and come up with a reason himself. I just don't trust him at all, or anyone who's still willingly serving Trump.

😂 He is such an idiot and brought this on himself.

My FAVORITE outcome would be that Flynn/Pence/etc were knowingly colluding and charged for it.

BUT Donny was too stupid to know it was happening/was actually innocent but still gets pooned for obstructing justice/money laundering etc.

Bedlam

Investigators have also been looking for any evidence of possible financial crimes among Trump associates
Oh my, this above everything else is probably a gold mine for investigators. Literally.

It fills me with glee that Trump's populist power grab will likely backfire spectacularly for him, his businesses and his shady associates. All their shit will get unearthed.

What a wonderful birthday surprise for Donald.

I don't believe Rosenstein for a second. If Trump came in there and demanded he fire him, he'd do it and come up with a reason himself. I just don't trust him at all, or anyone who's still willingly serving Trump.

Rosenstein hired Mueller in the first place, he clearly follows his own plans too.

lol ... this is alex jones like levels of bullshit.

androvsky

I think Adam Schiff said Trump could dismantle the Special Counsel regulation since it's not a law, but it'd probably look even worse than simply firing Mueller. Schiff sounded pretty confident Congress could bring back the independent counsel law and appoint Mueller again, even overriding the inevitable veto. I'm not even sure it'd slow down Mueller much, since all the agencies would be leaking all their shit to the washington post rather than going through channels in the interim.

Which interview?
He told Lester Holt that the Russia investigation was forefront in his mind when he fired Comey.

He also bragged to the Russians in the oval that firing Comey had relieved the pressure of the Russia investigation.

Because Trump is a fucking dumbass.

Normally it'd be hard to prove what was in somebody's mind, or what they personally intended to happen from their actions that could constitute obstruction, but here we have this man sharing his mind and intentions with both the nation on TV and to the fucking Russian officials of all people.

theWB27

Weird way to show you're willingly serving someone by hiring mueller.

Kettch

Trump can't fire Mueller, but he can fire Rosenstein and find a deputy AG who will fire Mueller.

I think the recent rumors about how Trump wanted Mueller fired are probably why this got leaked today, not because it's his birthday.

Illegal? Is the president being under investigation classified info or something? Who do they think they are? It may not be customary, but it isn't illegal.

I love the idea of Trump fuming while wearing one of those stupid birthday hats.

Melania and Barron live with him now, so they get to be witness to his outbursts.

kaskade

Lol, just because he wanted everyone to know he wasn't being investigated he is now being investigated. Can't make this shit up.

Top Bottom